GDT: HFBoards GDT 2/18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The thing with the overheard cams is the black puck contrasts so sharply with the ice that the video ends up with an artifact around the puck. If you look closely you will almost always see a thin white halo around the puck that is brighter than the ice.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
You’re right to the extent of that period resembling how our recent playoff series have gone, namely the two against Pittsburgh and to a smaller extent last year vs wash. Carrying the play, leading in shots, scoring chances, time of possession, etc. and we have lost because of what you said, opposing skill taking advantage of their opportunities. I don’t think it’s necessarily a reason to mail it in or change the whole team concept/structure. Even with less skill, when you carry the play and dominate the statistics, namely the scoring chances, at some point you’ve got to think that our luck will change.

That being said, it would be nice to have a PP that could do something

I think the team and identity is fine, but sometimes you have to change your gameplan against opponents it doesn’t give results against. You can win a game every once in a while, but it’s dependant on luck or the better team not playing to their standards, since it’s less likely for the team with less skill to convert chances with higher percent. Torts does minimal adjustments in regard to his opponents, and he’s even said so. Nothing wrong with adding a more defensive approach to your repertoire and i think the Jackets have the personnel to do that if they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad