GDT: HFBoards GDT 2/18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarCraft

Flash > Gretzky
Apr 11, 2010
There’s been more instances of them not doing that

How can you possibly say this if you think the linesmen putting the nets back into play "NEVER" happens? You're obviously going off your own anecdotal experience, but you're stating it like fact.

I can do that too! I've seen the linesmen fix the net dozens of times but I've never seen the situation that happened this game. Therefore, there is more instances of the former than the latter. :sarcasm:

(You'd think moderators would be held to a higher posting standard...)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
That doesn't negate anything I said. It being on its side, there is no white between the top tip of the puck and the goal line which is why it was inconclusive. That's why they didn't rob them of anything because that's not a goal by NHL standards. They had plenty of time to review that and make that call.

There clearly is white, lol.

Reactions: Pomee

Slasher45

Nov 17, 2018
I love fans just streaming on to this post who I guarantee didn't watch this whole game just spew off at the mouth..

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Clear goal
Probably the same geeks that called this “no goal” and cost the Bruins a playoff birth.

3B8C3B83-A6C3-4D3E-9F2A-5A7944F0E587.jpeg

Reactions: bryson21 and Pomee

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
How can you possibly say this if you think the linesmen putting the nets back into play "NEVER" happens? You're obviously going off your own anecdotal experience, but you're stating it like fact.

I can do that too! I've seen the linesmen fix the net dozens of times but I've never seen the situation that happened this game. Therefore, there is more instances of the former than the latter. :sarcasm:

(You'd think moderators would be held to a higher posting standard...)

Do it if you want. It’s a discussion forum.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Maybe be stronger on your skates? Bruins player had the puck and reversed hit the Sharks player. SJ player knocked off the net, no matter how you shake it down

Right, the sharks player got pushed into the bruins net by a bruins player and the bruins, from then on, get to basically play like there was a delayed penalty on the Sharks. Should’ve pulled the goalie for an extra attacker lol

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
From the rule book:

When the net is accidentally displaced by an attacking player, and the defending side is in control of the puck and moving out of their zone, play shall be permitted to continue until such time as the nonoffending team loses control of the puck. The resulting face-off will take place at a face-off spot in the zone nearest the location where the play was stopped, unless it is in the non-offending team’s defending zone, and as such the ensuing face-off would be outside the blue line at one of the face-off spots in the neutral zone. It is possible for a goal to be scored at one end of the rink while the net at the other end has been dislodged, provided that the team being scored upon is the team responsible for dislodging the net at the other end of the rink

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Again, they had plenty of time while play was going on to review that and you can't tell from that angle. It's inconclusive and the right call was made for the situation. Only people lying to themselves believe what you believe.

“Right call” seems awfully subjective here.

Maybe it was also the “right call” on Wagner’s goal then, you know, since it benefited my team.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
“Right call” seems awfully subjective here.

Maybe it was also the “right call” on Wagner’s goal then, you know, since it benefited my team.

No, these are pretty objective calls to be made. If you can't see white between the puck and the goal line, no goal is to be called. And the high touch was a pretty easy call to make since he touched the puck above his shoulders. Calls get missed which happens but it doesn't change that the right calls weren't made.

Reactions: Phu and fivesberg

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Again, they had plenty of time while play was going on to review that and you can't tell from that angle. It's inconclusive and the right call was made for the situation. Only people lying to themselves believe what you believe.

LOL you can clearly tell from that screenshot that it's a goal. Keep lying to yourself that it wasn't. It's all moot anyway; hockey justice was served.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
LOL you can clearly tell from that screenshot that it's a goal. Keep lying to yourself that it wasn't. It's all moot anyway; hockey justice was served.

No you can't because you can't see white from the top of the puck and the goal line. This isn't that hard buddy.

Reactions: Phu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad