Votes: 9 69.2%
  • League Draft

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I really like the Rashford pick. It seems people are sleeping on him, when he was in the PL golden boot race before his injury.

I was considering him as an alternative to Werner, but wanted Werner too much.

What I will say about Rashford is look at who he's scored those goals against. Chelsea (4 goals across two different matches), Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs (2 goals) and City. Also, depending on your source, Man of the Match against Chelsea twice, Leicester, Spurs and City. In general that's what'd I'd call showing up in the bigger matches, but even more so considering United's season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Best picks (also determined by value)

1st round: Sancho
2nd: Sterling (Sane close second)
3rd: B. Silva
4th: N/A

Worst picks (also determined by value)
1st: Werner
2nd: Firmino
3rd: Benzema (followed by Mahrez)
4th: N/A

Seems a lot of you blokes are grabbing strikers for the sake of getting them before they run out.
Why is Benzema a bad pick? He has been the best 9 in Spain this season. Carried Madrid offense and isn’t slowing down. Complements Salah as well and much less miles on him than other strikers in his age group.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Why is Benzema a bad pick? He has been the best 9 in Spain this season. Carried Madrid offense and isn’t slowing down. Complements Salah as well and much less miles on him than other strikers in his age group.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold your horses there son. As bad as @S E P H 's list is, let's not get carried away. As I said privately Benzema was a good pick for you as he complements Salah. Another reason as well. Still to call him the best 9 in Spain? No.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold your horses there son. As bad as @S E P H 's list is, let's not get carried away. As I said privately Benzema was a good pick for you as he complements Salah. Another reason as well. Still to call him the best 9 in Spain? No.
Might have to take this to PMs but yeah. Best 9 in Spain. Obviously not accounting for Messi. 2nd most goals in the league. Best player on the team. Much worse supporting cast than the competition, and he isn’t breaking down. But yeah him complementing Salah is a big part of it, not many, if any strikers left can at that level.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Might have to take this to PMs but yeah. Best 9 in Spain. Obviously not accounting for Messi. 2nd most goals in the league. Best player on the team. Much worse supporting cast than the competition, and he isn’t breaking down. But yeah him complementing Salah is a big part of it, not many, if any strikers left can at that level.

Nonsense. The best 9 in Spain has only 3 fewer goals in just over half the minutes, and he's not even the focal point of his team's attack. You can watch the match last season where they faced each other, the one Messi missed due to injury, and see who showed up.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nonsense. The best 9 in Spain has only 3 fewer goals in just over half the minutes, and he's not even the focal point of his team's attack. You can watch the match last season where they faced each other, the one Messi missed due to injury, and see who showed up.
Who has a better supporting cast? Who is breaking down? Who has more miles?

Bonus Q. Who fits with Salah better ?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Who has a better supporting cast? Who is breaking down? Who has more miles?

Bonus Q. Who fits with Salah better ?

Oh please. Let's not go down the supporting cast road. It's not like Benzema is playing with chopped liver. Like I said, Benzema is the focal point of the attack. Also like I said, reference the match I referred you to. Benzema has never done that. And are you serious about the injury thing? That doesn't make a player and I already covered that. Only 3 fewer goals and more assists in just over half the minutes.

Bonus question is completely irrelevant to what we're talking about.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh please. Let's not go down the supporting cast road. It's not like Benzema is playing with chopped liver. Like I said, Benzema is the focal point of the attack. Also like I said, reference the match I referred you to. Benzema has never done that. And are you serious about the injury thing? That doesn't make a player and I already covered that. Only 3 fewer goals and more assists in just over half the minutes.

Bonus question is completely irrelevant to what we're talking about.
Supporting cast is certainly a fair point because REDACTED PARAGRAPH.

Bonus matters to me more than others but puts into context why this was not the worst pick

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Supporting cast is certainly a fair point because REDACTED PARAGRAPH.

Bonus matters to me more than others but puts into context why this was not the worst pick

I'm not disputing the fairness of the point, rather the weight of it.

That's fine, but I only complimented the pick both publicly and privately and in the latter case not just to yourself.

Reactions: Savant

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Really wanted to pick tonight that might not happen. Ill be at work all day tomorrow and might hold you guys up for no reason... :(

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I've changed my mind about Benzema, he is still an extremely productive player. However, picking him this early when there were better strikers available is definitely a bad selection IMHO. In these drafts, he would've been available for a back up lad. Like I consider Werner a bad selection by LH, not because he's a bad player, but where he was picked. Everyone that will be picked in the first half of this draft should be qualified as a great/good player.
Benzema was a good pick. Don’t listen to S E P H.
Benzema is a good player, but it wasn't a good pick this early.
I wouldn’t. He go off your list and pick who he would want to pick.
Lol...nah, I would honour lists. D2M picked a lot of lads for me in the summer, we homies. Just number it on who you want the most and I can make the selection. FYI though, I won't be available tomorrow if it comes to that.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad