Votes: 9 69.2%
  • League Draft

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Look at @Live in the Now trying to pull some dirty Franco Madridista shit with Fernandes. Waiting for him to cite some Di Stefano rule. :laugh:

After reading @YNWA14 's post about his guys being taken I figured he'd go with Alisson.

Ndombele is an interesting choice. At first I thought this season was a fluke, but I read something the other day that said he was out of shape. I didn't think he'd go this early, but I think he's worth taking a punt on. And I'd note that his start to the season wasn't bad if I recall correctly.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Felix. I was called out last year for taking him right around this time. Curious to see if the sentiment is the same now. I personally still believe in the kid, but going to Atleti was a mistake.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Grabbing Arthur fits more along the lines of the team I want to build. History of being a great press resistant player and made some strides with his end product this year. He was being played further up the pitch this year and is scoring at a clinical rate this year (G vs. xG), but simply isn't creating the chances so far to join the upper echelon of players.

From a Barca perspective, I'm not sure if he's the midfielder they are truly looking for though since their standards of midfielders are absurdly high.

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So Dembele is chosen. I was very curious to see when he'd go. I was considering him, but thought he might fall more and I didn't consider myself in a position to draft with my next pick regardless. If there's a player that illustrates what I was telling you @robertmac43 about injuries I'd say he's one of the better examples. He's only played just over 1/3 of the league matches you would expect in three years. Of that 1/3, he's only started about 2/3 of those matches. That said his talent is absolutely top drawer. I just watched a video of him in the last day or two and he's spectacular. However he appears so easily injured that it can just happen showing up for training. So for me he's a high risk but very possibly high reward pick. He may not look great this draft, but in a year or more he might look like a steal of a pick, and I like to look back at my team/other teams from past drafts. Anyway, this isn't me trying to call out @Venkman 's pick (though he did surprise me with it as I expected him to take another guy) as again I'd have picked Dembele myself in the right situation. @Venkman has proven himself in these drafts for years too so for me he knows what he's doing.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Grabbing Arthur fits more along the lines of the team I want to build. History of being a great press resistant player and made some strides with his end product this year. He was being played further up the pitch this year and is scoring at a clinical rate this year (G vs. xG), but simply isn't creating the chances so far to join the upper echelon of players.

From a Barca perspective, I'm not sure if he's the midfielder they are truly looking for though since their standards of midfielders are absurdly high.

As far as creating chances goes, I think part of that is down to playing on Messi's side of the pitch. A lot of the creativity comes from Messi himself and the ball gets cycled to him a lot. Also Arthur can get played deeper as well. Hopefully Quique can get more out of him in that area. Otherwise if Xavi comes I would hope he will because that is exactly what happened to Xavi around 2008.

Reactions: Cassano

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hey everyone sorry for the confusion and delay. I was at work all day. I want to also apologize to @Cassano i left him hanging. It was never my intention but it was insane at work. Barely had a break. If you or anyone feels short changed im sorry. I also want to thank @SJSharks39 for bearing with me and my nonsense. I still havent really assessed the trade but I like it.

i get my guy i wanted. I had made a short list of Rodri, valverede and Arthur for my pick just my luck they all got picked just before me. So i had to make adjustments. Luckily i didnt send you a full list @SJSharks39 it wouldve included rodri and it wouldve been awkward.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Thought for a second I might have a chance to land Joao Felix

i love the Felix pick those uninformed will say he had a bad year or hes overhyped but the kid is class. Just picked the wrong coach and team. Worried @les Habs would snag him before i did but looks like we were both beat.

@Duchene2MacKinnon to come in and call the Arthur pick a reach in 5, 4, 3...

nah its a good pick and i wanted him as stated above.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hey everyone sorry for the confusion and delay. I was at work all day. I want to also apologize to @Cassano i left him hanging. It was never my intention but it was insane at work. Barely had a break. If you or anyone feels short changed im sorry. I also want to thank @SJSharks39 for bearing with me and my nonsense. I still havent really assessed the trade but I like it.

i get my guy i wanted. I had made a short list of Rodri, valverede and Arthur for my pick just my luck they all got picked just before me. So i had to make adjustments. Luckily i didnt send you a full list @SJSharks39 it wouldve included rodri and it wouldve been awkward.
Not a problem! :D

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
i love the Felix pick those uninformed will say he had a bad year or hes overhyped but the kid is class. Just picked the wrong coach and team. Worried @les Habs would snag him before i did but looks like we were both beat.

Nah, he'd have had to have dropped a bit. I don't think I've got a spot for him in my starting XI with how I'm planning on playing.

Felix hes skill he just isn’t a top player yet period.

Depends on your definition of a top player. I'd say the verdict is out until he leaves Atleti.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

You should have put Rodri on your list because then I wouldn’t have taken him and went with Busquets in the first place. :laugh:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You should have put Rodri on your list because then I wouldn’t have taken him and went with Busquets in the first place. :laugh:
Had that happened someone else would've taken Rodri and I'd be in a worse spot loool. Anyway glad it worked out for everyone. Cheers.

Reactions: Gecklund

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Good pick @Vasilevskiy I was wondering when he would go. Dont worry about @les Habs considering who he's picked in the past :P

Odegaard? I think he's good. I just don't know why it took so long to decide on him. I mean I already know @Vasilevskiy is a closet Madridista. Slightly overhyped as he's a bit inconsistent, but the potential is there and he's of course really young. Besides, Haaland will make him look good for a very long time.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Oblak is the best keeper in the world for defensive teams. Not sure about his distribution though.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
So Dembele is chosen. I was very curious to see when he'd go. I was considering him, but thought he might fall more and I didn't consider myself in a position to draft with my next pick regardless. If there's a player that illustrates what I was telling you @robertmac43 about injuries I'd say he's one of the better examples. He's only played just over 1/3 of the league matches you would expect in three years. Of that 1/3, he's only started about 2/3 of those matches. That said his talent is absolutely top drawer. I just watched a video of him in the last day or two and he's spectacular. However he appears so easily injured that it can just happen showing up for training. So for me he's a high risk but very possibly high reward pick. He may not look great this draft, but in a year or more he might look like a steal of a pick, and I like to look back at my team/other teams from past drafts. Anyway, this isn't me trying to call out @Venkman 's pick (though he did surprise me with it as I expected him to take another guy) as again I'd have picked Dembele myself in the right situation. @Venkman has proven himself in these drafts for years too so for me he knows what he's doing.

I considered and picked him now partly because of his obvious talent but also the lack of top quality wide players left. There's a few but I had 18 picks until my next one. His talent or upside is worth it at this point. The injury issues seemed to start at Barca, whether that's linked with his attitude or if Barca train/condition their players differently to his previous teams, it's hard to say exactly. His hamstring injuries are similar to what Giggs experienced, they're both quick and dribble a lot so a lot of stop/start sprints. So could be his style of play too. Giggs got on top of his hamstring injuries eventually by doing yoga iirc so hopefully Dembele can too. Who did you think I was going to pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad