HFBoard's 2019 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Again, I don't know what the issues are. If it's his not being selected or not starting enough, I'd say he has a point. There are ways to handle that if you're the player and he could well be going about that wrong, but in my team I doubt that's an issue. That being said I hope it is.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
In the last few City matches, it seemed that Pep was yelling at him to get wider, where Sane seems to want to carry the ball more towards the middle of the pitch in the attacking third.

But that said, I don't know, I'm not in the dressing room, nor next to the manager's box to know if that's the case.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The attitude problem with Pep is more “why are you benching me” than it is an actual attitude problem. I’m glad he isn’t one of those guys cool with collecting huge wages and sitting on a bench.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Leroy Sane is awesome and was probably a top five player in the league two seasons ago (when he won Young Player of the Year). Him getting stapled to the bench this year was dumb.

My only issue with the pick is I feel like you could've gotten him at 18, rather than using your first rounder on him, but other people's posts are having me think that maybe wouldn't have been possible.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
That may be the case. Guardiola wants his players to stretch the defense. That said the fact that Sane' can do both is a reason why I wanted him.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Leroy Sane is awesome and was probably a top five player in the league two seasons ago (when he won Young Player of the Year). Him getting stapled to the bench this year was dumb.

My only issue with the pick is I feel like you could've gotten him at 18, rather than using your first rounder on him, but other people's posts are having me think that maybe wouldn't have been possible.

Yeah for sure he would not.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't think Sane' would have been there at #18, but even so I have zero regrets. I hope the projection of the draft that one would have that leads them to think that Sane' would be available at #18 is how the picks come. I'd gladly welcome that.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yeah for sure he would not.

I don't think Sane' would have been there at #18, but even so I have zero regrets. I hope the projection of the draft that one would have that leads them to think that Sane' would be available at #18 is how the picks come. I'd gladly welcome that.

I thought his quiet season (which was, of course, not his fault) might've made him the forgotten man. I was incorrect in that thought

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I tried trading back multiple times. I also tried trading up, which I probably could have done. Again, zero qualms about the pick when I consider this moment in time and the draft itself.

Also, if we're referencing Guardiola, then perhaps people should look at what Guardiola said about Sane' just a few months ago.

Anyway, I'm done discussing Sane'. I'll let everyone else go on record further with whatever they want to say.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Actually, I will say one more thing. Now that I have Alladin Sane...

556.jpg

I will have to add The Jean Genie.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Absolutely love that pick. He’s a great glue guy and a great stabilizer.

His dribbling is amazing. No matter how good the other team is, there's no way to pressure him when he has the ball. I also usually take a CM in the first round so it isn't that surprising.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
His dribbling is amazing. No matter how good the other team is, there's no way to pressure him when he has the ball. I also usually take a CM in the first round so it isn't that surprising.
I was fully planning on taking a CM but then I got the third pick and I don’t think there’s a CM on that tier.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Nope, definitely not. The only players someone could take third in my book are Mbappe (if he fell one pick), Neymar, and Hazard. van Dijk in his own tier below them IMO.

Reactions: Gecklund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I've been beating the Sane drum for a year. Talent wise he's a top 5 player in the EPL for me. But I agree LesHabs could've gotten him later. Still not a bad pick at all

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think he is but there is genuinely not much difference at all. I also find that de Bruyne is more capable of having horrendous games and still doing something to win them anyway. At least every player chosen so far is great and we don't have anything truly weird going on yet.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Bernardo Silva.
What a player.

And the one I was refering too as a better pick than KdB and Sane.

My love for Bernardo Silva is well-documented on this site, and I think he really took his game to a whole other level this season. De Bruyne's 2017-18 blows Silva's 2018-19 out of the water.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I've been beating the Sane drum for a year. Talent wise he's a top 5 player in the EPL for me. But I agree LesHabs could've gotten him later. Still not a bad pick at all
I don't think he would have had him if he waited for his next pick. Great player and talent. He probably could have been taken a little later but meh... really hard to have a 'bad' pick in the first round.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
My love for Bernardo Silva is well-documented on this site, and I think he really took his game to a whole other level this season. De Bruyne's 2017-18 blows Silva's 2018-19 out of the water.
Yeah I really like Bernardo Silva too but de Bruyne is a step above IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad