HFBoard's 2019 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
This year's draft is around the corner and no one in particular is getting anxious to lose yet again so I thought I could get things moving a bit.

Participants: Anyone is free to join. If you were in a past draft and dropped out you should at the very least acknowledge that if you want to be considered. The deadline to sign up is Monday May 27th by 10pm EST. Here are our participants so far:

@Cassano
@Creed Bratton
@Live in the Now
@Pavel Buchnevich
@Savant
@S E P H
@SJSharks39
@Vasilevskiy
@Venkman
@Wee Baby Seamus
@YNWA14
@les Habs

RULES copied from last year:

-Snake draft. 22 rounds. So you'll have essentially two players per position if you choose. NOTE, you must have a minimum of two goalkeepers.

-We won't be drafting managers. You're the manager, so your formation, tactics, etc.

-No judges as of yet. I'd be open to it to an extent, but it's not necessary. That said I would say that we should focus on a building a team to both be competitive now and in the future. I guess think of it as we're all new franchises. I would consider things like your players fitting your formation/tactics, having a balanced squad, having players who can take freekicks, penalties, corners, etc. You should also identify a captain and a vice-captain.

-Minimum of 2 GKs per team.

-Trades are allowed. One for one trades only though. So a few examples:

---One pick for one pick.
---One pick for one player.
---One player for one player.
---Two picks for one player and one pick.
---One pick and two players for two picks and one player.

Etc, etc. I think that illustrates the point.

ALSO, when you agree to a trade one of you needs to post the deal and the other needs to quote that post and write "agreed", "confirmed" or something of that nature. Until the post is quoted and agreed to the trade has not occurred, but when that happens it's done.

-10 hours between picks. If you miss a pick, 8 hours from then on, 6 hours after a second missed pick. If you miss three picks your place in the draft will be subject to review, IE you may be dropped from the draft. Either way please use another member as a proxy if you can't make a pick and if something comes us just PM me. Also, please try your best to keep the draft moving along as quickly as possible. After you make a pick you'll need to make sure you PM the next guy on the list. If their PM box is full, post in the discussion thread that it's their turn. Also, please make sure you check to see if it's your turn to pick just to be sure.

-NO DISCUSSION, hints or otherwise, about undrafted players please.

-The Picks thread is for PICKS ONLY, while the Discussion thread is for everything else.

-The draft will start on June 2nd at 6:00 am local time for whoever gets the first pick in the draft.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'd like to suggest squads of 11 + 7, like I did last year. This would give the flexibility of players a more accurate value.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'll weigh in and say that I see no reason to change anything.

I remember one year we were doing this, everyone was still picking good players at the end, and I was one pick too short to pick an undrafted player who is now a great player. I'd rather not say who it is, but they were not playing for a big club when this happened. Then I went back through my roster and figured out where I could have picked him. We don't need too many picks and don't need to have too few picks.

Reactions: YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm just getting anxious, though one could technically already agree a trade.

I put the deadline to join as Thursday in the OP, so very soon after that.
Nice. I kind of want to start early now to take my brain off of CL final. This weekend is going to be so boring

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah I wanted to start it early because of the lull before the CL. :P

But everyone was like 'day after the CL'. Dunno why but here we are.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If 7 people come forward and want to start early we can. I'm not threatened by the result of the CL Final like no one in particular is.

Reactions: Savant

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't really understand what would be threatening about the CL final. There's just nothing going on betqeen now and then. Kind of slow going.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I was in favour of waiting til after the final simply because I think of this draft as a specifically off-season phenomenon and it feels weird to start it before the season is done

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I was in favour of waiting til after the final simply because I think of this draft as a specifically off-season phenomenon and it feels weird to start it before the season is done
Yeah I was in this camp for the same reasoning as you, but now that it's over 90 degrees all weekend all all my friends are gone for MDW....I wouldn't hate getting started early

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad