HFBoard's 2019 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
6 to 10 are kind of weird spots if people don't go off the board in the top 5 this year. Sane is a great player though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't like this pick either.
I think from the KDB pick out, it could go plenty of ways.
But I wouldn't have picked someone on the bench or someone injured for most of the year (and didn't do much when he came back).

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Sane a bit of a reach IMO

Think you probably could have got it with your 2nd round pick.

I'm waiting for les habs to reply this or wait until I make my next picks to crap on them :D

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean, KdB still had 6 goals and 11 assists this season in the equivalent of about 20 games of minutes...that's pretty good for coming back from injury and then getting injured again, twice. Still clearly City's best player and IMO the best midfielder in the world.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah, but on a team that scored how many?
This is very relative.
He did similar things with Wolfsburg (actually wasn't he more productive there?) it's not like he's being carried by City. For example he had 3 assists in the return leg vs. Spurs in the CL; they could have definitely used a healthy KdB in the first leg.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Like I said, it was a tough decision and there are a lot of players who could have gone after Hazard if you ask me. I took Sane' for a few specific reasons, one of which isn't about his ability at all.

What I will say though is that he came up in some big matches this season including a very good goal in the win against Liverpool which is essentially a title decider. He offers goals and assists. He's creative, can dribble, can play one-twos and overall is dangerous. He's also versatile. His goal and assists numbers especially when you consider his starts/minutes are very good as well.

Anyway, to each their own. NO ONE here is immune to a bad pick, which Sane' is not by the way, or a poor opinion of a player. The players I've seen some of you lot hype over the years...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sane has immense talent. Nobody's disputing that and he's one of the few players that can unbalance a defense on his own.
However, there are IMO some better players available still.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sure there are, but not a lot of them if we're comparing apples to apples and based on a few factors I think there's a clear case for Sane' here.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Just to be clear I definitely thought there was a 50% chance I was going to take Sane with my pick. I think Pep has misused him.

Reactions: Gecklund

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Come to think of it, I kind of like that Sane pick. Good balance between current skill and potential skill.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He played the equivalent of 29 games or so this season and had 34 goal involvements. You see why he wants to leave City? A player like that should never only play 29 games worth of minutes in a long season, he only missed two and a half weeks with injury. Only 20 games worth of minutes in the league. Not to defend someone else's choice but the numbers speak for themselves, and again, Pep has badly misused him.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
His numbers very clearly speak for themselves and you can easily project out what he'd do in a full season. And as @Live in the Now noted, we're not talking a player with injury issues here either. And I'm happy to admit that he's a player I personally had somewhat wrong up until recently. That's down largely to ignorance, but in his case I probably had an opinion when I shouldn't have. And I can see taking other players in his position who will probably go very soon over him, but as of this exact moment in time and considering the entirety of this draft I don't think there's a silver bullet right answer.

Also, I was considering one other player here. I'll probably mention it when he goes, but I'm very curious to see the reaction when he's picked.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
EDITED FOR EFFECT

True. Though was that because of his fit for the system, less than Pep?

I like Sane, and I don't think it's a bad pick. He has some of the highest upside, along with significant production right now. I just wonder if he's having issues with Pep and a winning club, along with some issues with the national side (even if they're stupid and overblown). For all the talent he does have, he shouldn't be sitting the bench at all.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
True. Though was that because of his fit for the system, less than Pep?

I like Sane, and I don't think it's a bad pick. He has some of the highest upside, along with significant production right now. I just wonder if he's having issues with Pep and a winning club, along with some issues with the national side (even if they're stupid and overblown). For all the talent he does have, he shouldn't be sitting the bench at all.

Right, but Guardiola and REDACTED had serious personal issues as well.

OK, but what are the issues? I'd love to know what the issues are. Then I'd love to see them factored into my team in this draft.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
***** said his body language isn't good... :sarcasm:

BTW, why is everyone talking about a certain striker? He isn't drafted yet !

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Right, but Guardiola and REDACTED had serious personal issues as well.

OK, but what are the issues? I'd love to know what the issues are. Then I'd love to see them factored into my team in this draft.

The German National team ones are stupid. But I do think it's weird that he wasn't selected. Say what you want about their performance in the World Cup, but Low does have a victory to his name, so two top managers having issues with him does make me a touch nervous.

Sane isn't the first and won't be the last to clash with some managers, but two managers of some talent make me wonder what it would look like if he does move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad