HFBoard's 2019 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Todibo for me looks the best young French CB out there along with Konate. I'm sure @Evilo will disagree since he dislikes Fench CBs once they sign for Barca. ;)

Thrilled to get Mertens as late as I did. Even with Sarri gone he's still productive and I think he'd slot in really well with my team. He's 32 but I think he's got 2-3 years left.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I never disliked Umtiti nor Lenglet. :dunno:
Best young french CB? Nah, that's *********. Or ******.

Anyway, about Thauvin, I don't know.
He's a guy with tremendous talent, he can make some amazing moves, he plays hard. It's just that when the opponent is strong, it seems he can't up his level. Or even play like he usually does.
He'll bag tons of goals and assists against weaker teams, but hits a wall against stronger teams. And I can't even say he doesn't have the skills to shine against them because he does.
It's like a mental wall.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Very happy to snag Fornals. He offers a nice package and is yet another player who has shown up some big matches. Still a lot of players left to consider though.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I didn't necessarily want to take Danilo, but I also don't want to use two of my last picks on fullbacks. No fun in that.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Man, I left GK late and I didn't even notice that a few people had yet to pick one. I couldn't wait any longer and I'm thrilled to get Lafont. I was even going to make a double GK pick here, but the other guy I was considering was picked a while ago without my noticing. Now not sure what I'll do with the next pick, but GK is thus far the least addressed position in this draft.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He will be sold in a year for 80 million then be picked by rd 3 next draft

I was thinking of picking him in around round 9. Then I saw Insigne there and just thought I would keep waiting as long as possible on that because I think he's a little better. Picking Oyarzabal in ROUND f***ING 19 is a heist. There's still a few players left I was referring to a few posts ago, but he has to be the best player that barely anyone rates at all.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was thinking of picking him in around round 9. Then I saw Insigne there and just thought I would keep waiting as long as possible on that because I think he's a little better. Picking Oyarzabal in ROUND ****ING 19 is a heist. There's still a few players left I was referring to a few posts ago, but he has to be the best player that barely anyone rates at all.
It’s not that anyoen rates him there’s 4/5 watchers of a La Liga that I’m confident actually watch the league. So he’s largely an unknown commodity.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I like Oyarzabal as he's an important player for La Real and he's very good value this late, but let's not get carried away. I mean @Duchene2MacKinnon if you think he's going to be a 3rd round pick next year then I can only assume that you'll be joining us then and the one to draft him there. In all seriousness though, I think you would have to consider how he's played to get the best out of him. Not being pacy and being left-footed I would think he'd be inverted more than he is. He also doesn't have much of a cross, so I would think being a bit more a central option might even get better out of him. On top of that while he puts up impressive goal numbers, he does take some of the penalties. That said he strikes the ball well and is good at short interplay. He also seems a natural leader for La Real and definitely shows up in some of their bigger matches. He's also a smart player. I think @Duchene2MacKinnon is right that it's down to familiarity with a guy like him. He won't go cheap like Sarabia or Fornals, but these are the sorts of players that the Premiership "middle class" can snatch up from La Liga while some of the bigger clubs through money at "names" who in some cases aren't as good.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You wouldn’t want me in the draft. I’ll I would pick is Argentinian’s and La Liga beasts. You wouldn’t even know what hit you.

Hell give me 10 good Argentinians and I’d impregnate the bitch.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, you can join up next year. I'll even give you the first XI picks so long as you only draft Argentinian players, and you'll still lose.
I don't think that is possible. Mind you save for 1 player I can probably pick the other ten with the last 10 picks.... did that make any sense. It's 4am here. I'm still trying to figure out if on Wednesday its a good idea to start REDACTED as a DM.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, that makes sense, but you're forgetting about Kun. And your drafting REDACTED is something I'd be counting on. :D

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Still somewhat tough making picks with the players available. Semedo could be better, though I suspect some of that is on his manager, but with some of the RBs taken and from what I can tell teams without even an RB yet... I'll happily grab him. I also know the importance of having depth at that position, though Militao could also play there, but he'll be playing a lot at CB.

BTW, all of my players are available for trade in the right deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad