HFBoard's 2019 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Witsel is an incredible pick. One of the best midfielders in Europe this season and extremely underrated in general.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have a full XI now.

------------Kane------Jesus------------------
--------------Goretzka------------------------
--------Kroos------------Goetze-------------
--------------Witsel--------------------------
Marcelo--Umtiti--Varane-------Klostermann
---------------ter-Stegen---------------------

Bench: Vinicius, CHO

I could go one of two ways with my lineup. I could try to play without two strikers or with two strikers. I think I have a great midfield triangle to dominate possession with Witsel, Kroos and Goetze. Goretzka is one of the best midfield goalscorers in the world, so its as if I'm playing with three strikers here. I could also drop some of the central midfielders or Jesus, and bring in the wingers, Vinicius and CHO to play a better game in wide areas.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Witsel is an incredible pick. One of the best midfielders in Europe this season and extremely underrated in general.

He's only played one season in one of Europe's premier leagues or teams, so he might not get full recognition yet. He was available way too late. He should've been picked earlier. He took Weigl's spot immediately, which speaks to his quality.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looking at some of the recent picks, I like the Haller and James picks. Haller isn't known yet by many football fans, but he's an excellent striker. James might've been overrated based on his 2014 WC display, but you can't say he hasn't played well when he's played for Bayern. He's had two very good seasons in the Bundesliga, despite being out of favor by the coach at times.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's only played one season in one of Europe's premier leagues or teams, so he might not get full recognition yet. He was available way too late. He should've been picked earlier. He took Weigl's spot immediately, which speaks to his quality.
I've always really liked him and said that Dortmund would immediately become a better team with him there. He's very talented but also reads the game really well and has a number of attributes that really lend themselves well to the top level of play. I won't go into too much detail right now because it would expose some underlying numbers I like to look at for midfielders and there's still a few similar players I want to take but Witsel was very high on my list...I just kind of thought as we were going more into bench etc. he would be overlooked because he should start for almost any team lol

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lo Celso (CF) Jovic (ST)
Mane Fabinho Rodri Sancho
Tagliafico Gomez Akanji AWB
Kepa

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Almost took Lozano. Not mad about my pick at all but I thought he would be there when it came back to me.
That was super hard for me, I was considering him and somebody else. I don't think that else will fall for my next pick, but the problem is I think I have enough goalscorers on my club so I might pass on him (even though that lad is an amazing player).

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I was considering Lozano too, but I need more experience. I also figured Herrera wouldn't be there by my next pick, but then I also figured Lozano wouldn't either. Very happy with Herrera considering some of the crazy graphics I've seen if United with him compared to United without him. Night and day difference. I'd post it were I not traveling and just in my mobile.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Bah it's my own fault for waiting so long. Thought I could draw it out with Witsel and Wijnaldum because they're so underrated. Ohhh welllllll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad