HFBoard's 2019 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Celik is a good under the radar pick. He could become a premium RB.
RB is probably the worst position in the world right now. Both AWB and Celik were high on my list. Glad I don't have to take anyone else there

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My full team.

GK: MATS, Maignan
DF: Klostermann, Mbabu, Varane, Umtiti, Stones, Badiashile, Marcelo, Ballo-Toure
MF: Witsel, Kroos, Goretzka, Maier, Goetze
FW: Kane, Gabriel Jesus, Mueller, Hudson-Odoi, Vinicius Jr, Bale

Starting lineup:

----------------------------------MATS----------------------------------
Klostermann-------Varane----------------Umtiti-----------Marcelo
----------------------------------Witsel----------------------------------
------------------------Kroos--------------Goetze-----------------------
---------------------------------Goretzka--------------------------------
--------------------------Kane-----------Bale----------------------------

Bench: Maignan, Stones, Ballo-Toure, Maier, Hudson-Odoi, Vinicius Jr, Gabriel Jesus

Reserves: Mbabu, Badiashile, Mueller

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
SEPH won the draft... drafting the incarnation of Mascherno with the passing ability of Barca's Masch. No one stands a chance lol.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Please.

I only have my back-up keeper to go I think. This diamond may as well be the crown jewel of the draft.

Dybala - Benzema
de Bruyne
Gundogan - Verratti
Martinez
Grimaldo - Koulibaly - Lenglet - Kimmich
Alisson

Isco, ben Yedder, Bentancur, Paqueta, Atal, I. Sarr, Ake, Valverde, Davies, GK

Reactions: Ajacied

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Please.

I only have my back-up keeper to go I think. This diamond may as well be the crown jewel of the draft.

Dybala - Benzema
de Bruyne
Gundogan - Verratti
Martinez
Grimaldo - Koulibaly - Lenglet - Kimmich
Alisson

Isco, ben Yedder, Bentancur, Paqueta, Atal, I. Sarr, Ake, Valverde, Davies, GK
That's very good.
Grimaldo is a tad unproven but you can't get all stars at every position.
Only question is how the front 3 will play together since they tend to play a bit in the same zone.

Reactions: YNWA14

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Ronaldo Cavani
Fekir
Pogba Modric
Brozovic
Alba Boateng Pique Carvajal
Handanovic

Onana, Odriozola, Tierney, Manolas, Upamecano, Carvalho, Barella, Tielemans, Coutinho, Malcom, Aubameyang​

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ronaldo Cavani
Fekir
Pogba Modric
Brozovic
Alba Boateng Pique Carvajal
Handanovic

Onana, Odriozola, Tierney, Manolas, Upamecano, Carvalho, Barella, Tielemans, Coutinho, Malcom, Aubameyang​
That's also a very strong team.
Bench could make a difference if that man teams are strong.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That's very good.
Grimaldo is a tad unproven but you can't get all stars at every position.
Only question is how the front 3 will play together since they tend to play a bit in the same zone.
de Bruyne quite often drifts wide (especially in Pep's system) from the middle, and has also played out wide. Dybala I think needs to work a little more centrally but there's plenty of space there and Benzema is such a smart player, and moves around a lot, that the three of them I'm sure would work just fine. Both Dybala and Benzema have thrived in 2 striker systems already and de Bruyne could fit into any team, IMO, but especially with Verratti/Gundogan facilitating them and Martinez shutting down behind those (not that Gundogan and Verratti are slouches defensively).

I'm actually quite proud of this team.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Mbappe - Firmino - Son

Thomas - Allan
Pjanic

Alaba - Romagnoli - Skriniar - Cancelo

Szczesny

Donnarumma
Gnabry
Aouar
Wijnaldum
Tonali
Milik
T. Hazard
de Vrij
Elvedi
Mukiele
Roussillon
Love my front three, love my backline, love my bench (how was Gnabry available at round #13?). Tons of energy. I have a lot of bright, young players all around.

Admittedly my midfield isn't the flashiest, I know. I saved it for rather late. I've kind of picked a deeper playmaker and paired him with two high energy players that don't have too much offensive impact, but generally do very well in midfield matchups because of their defense and ability to drive through lines. Firmino also makes my midfield matchups more favorable.

My elite fullbacks will cover the offensive creativity that my midfield lacks in the final third. And besides, my wingers are fantastic at creating goals by themselves.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Neymar/Bamba-Lewandowski/Dembele-Lemar/Chukwueze
Thiago/Golovin-SMS/Winks-Tolisso/Maddison
Mendy/Telles-Silva/Lindelof-Marquinhos/Kamara-Walker/Conti
De Gea/Henderson

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Eden Hazard (C) - Timo Werner - Marco Reus
David Silva - Adrien Rabiot
Saul Niguez
Lucas Digne - Tobias Alderweireld - Matthijs de Ligt - Djibril Sidibe
Thibaut Courtois

Julian Brandt, Donny van de Beek, Romelu Lukaku, Presnel Kimpembe, Goncalo Guedes, Andreas Christensen, Fernandinho, Mikel Oyarzabal, Leo Dubois, Ben Chilwell, Alphonse Areola
ATTACK:

Loads of goals from this trio. Hazard and Reus both play functionally as inside forwards, looking to penetrate defenses through dribbling, while Werner's pace will get him in behind back lines for either inside forward to spring him. Werner is young and already a 20 goal-a-season striker, while Hazard and Reus can both easily contribute double digits.

Coming off the bench, Lukaku can bully defenses (once I have him on a training regimen to get him back in shape) and has proven chemistry with Hazard, while also providing something different to Werner in build-up. His hold-up work can free Hazard and Reus to get in behind. Guedes and Oyarzabal also offer creativity on the wings coming off the bench.

MIDFIELD:

Three top-class CMs, all of whom can pick apart defenses with passing, resist pressing with ball retention, and win possession through smart positioning and rough tackling. No other midfield in this competition would be able to win a battle in the centre of the park against this one.

Coming off the bench, substitute midfielders offer different tactical approaches. Julian Brandt in for David Silva allows the team to switch from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1, in which Brandt, Reus, and Hazard play as a free roaming attacking midfield. Fernandinho offers strong defensive play and chemistry with Silva. van de Beek brings goals from midfield if we're chasing a match.

DEFENSE:

The centre-back duo of Alderweireld and de Ligt keeps things under control at the back. The Ajax connection makes Toby a good mentor to help de Ligt fulfill his potential, so that the two of them can boss things defensively. Both also play the ball spectacularly well. On the flanks, Digne and Sidibe both bring great attacking flair, perfect to complement the wingers who will look to play inside - Hazard and Reus cut in while Digne and Sidibe provide the width through running, interplay, and stellar crossing.

Off the bench, both Kimpembe and Christensen can do a job at CB, while Dubois and Chilwell offer good alternatives at the full back slots.

KEEPER:

Courtois remains one of the best keepers in the world, as a stopper, distributor, and controller of the penalty area. Areola is a strong back-up.

Overall, this team will dominate the ball. Starting from the back, possession will flow through the CBs into the midfield, whose interplay will keep control of the park. Hazard and Reus both bring penetrating runs and clever interchange to either spring Werner or finish the job themselves, while the full-backs bomb forward for support. The best defense is an offense that doesn't lose the ball. When we're not in possession, Reus and Werner can lead an advanced press while Saul and Rabiot chip away at opposing midfielders. At the back, I have one of the best centre back combos here, and one that will only get better.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Strong team as well.
Problem for me is the right side. I'd start Brandt over Reus on the right side and Sidibe has fallen off a cliff. He's a negative player on the pitch right now (he costs more than he brings).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad