HFBoard's 2019 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Again, just wait until he leaves Inter because the first chance he gets out of that hell hole he's going to post 30 goals the first season, I guarantee it.

He won't but I don't want to say which undrafted player he's like. He does extremely little besides scoring and that's why he's still at Inter.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lacazette is a bit overrated. The way people were raving about him you'd think he scored 30 this season. This is a fine spot for him and there are still better strikers available.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lacazette is a bit overrated. The way people were raving about him you'd think he scored 30 this season. This is a fine spot for him and there are still better strikers available.
Well I didn't draft him to be a 20 goalscorer, I drafted him for his work rate and his assist ratio (one of the best). However, he can also provide around 15 goals a season with 10 to 12 assists, that's not overrated if you were to ask me.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lacazette : 13+10 in 2502 EPL minutes. He appeared in 31% of his team's goals.
Firmino : 12+7 in 2620 EPL minutes. He appeared in 21% of his team's goals.

He provides more than Firmino as a 9.
Change my mind.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Change my mind.
Imagine if he had wingers to work with

Reactions: S E P H

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
As for Isco, he's still a good player, just not what some make him out to be. It's well documented that he had issues with Ancelotti, Zidane and Solari. It's also been reported that he isn't working hard enough in training at times.

Two straight seasons missed due to knee injuries scared me away from him.

Exactly. It's not like we were like "hmmm, who should I take for LB?" and completely forgot about him. I changed my mind at the last minute. I could have taken him and even as of last night was going to, but factoring in his recent injury record as should be considered I figured I couldn't get that strong a backup later on. I also figured people were bypassing because of said injury record and I could get him later on. As good as he is, he's averaged 7 league starts a season the last two seasons and is currently looking to get fit just to make the start of this season. Were his injury not recurring I'd have gone with him, but as it stands now I didn't want to risk it.

yes likewise with umtiti otherwise wouldve gone in 1st round for me

Umtiti's injury situation really isn't comparable to Mendy's at the moment.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Change my mind.
firmino-holds-cl-e1559500790968-768x461.jpg

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Also I am at Wu Tang concert tonight, so may be late getting picks in if it gets to me

Reactions: Gecklund

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Change my mind.
This season Firmino played as a midfielder with Mane and Salah taking up the striking position the vast majority of the time:

Lacazette: 49 apps, 19 goals, 13 assists
Firmino: 48 apps, 16 goals, 8 assists

Last season Firmino played as the 9 (though was still not the primary goal scorer or focal point, and again Salah much more advanced):

Lacazette: 39 apps, 17 goals, 5 assists
Firmino: 54 apps, 27 goals, 17 assists

Over the last two seasons then:

Lacazette: 88 apps, 36 goals, 18 assists
Firmino: 102 apps, 43 goals, 25 assists

All this while not even being the primary, or secondary goal scoring option and contributing way more off the ball. But I already know you're not to be convinced there. ;) Luckily Klopp has one as one of his most important players in an historically good Liverpool team that just won the CL. Lacazette is a pretty good player though, he just isn't on Firmino's level.

Reactions: Live in the Now

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Anywhooo pretty happy with how this filthy team looks currently.

Paulo Dybala - Karim Benzema
Kevin de Bruyne
Ilkay Gundogan - Isco Alarcon
Marco Verratti
Alejandro Grimaldo - Kalidou Koulibaly - Clement Lenglet - Joshua Kimmich
Alisson Becker​

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, that’s hard to beat no lie. Midfield is stacked attack is lethal. Defence is top notch although Grimaldo is not battle tested the rest of the back line are all proven. And a top 3 keeeper.

Could’ve done better at the LB spot with you know who

Reactions: YNWA14

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This season Firmino played as a midfielder with Mane and Salah taking up the striking position the vast majority of the time:

Lacazette: 49 apps, 19 goals, 13 assists
Firmino: 48 apps, 16 goals, 8 assists

Last season Firmino played as the 9 (though was still not the primary goal scorer or focal point, and again Salah much more advanced):

Lacazette: 39 apps, 17 goals, 5 assists
Firmino: 54 apps, 27 goals, 17 assists

Over the last two seasons then:

Lacazette: 88 apps, 36 goals, 18 assists
Firmino: 102 apps, 43 goals, 25 assists

All this while not even being the primary, or secondary goal scoring option and contributing way more off the ball. But I already know you're not to be convinced there. ;) Luckily Klopp has one as one of his most important players in an historically good Liverpool team that just won the CL. Lacazette is a pretty good player though, he just isn't on Firmino's level.
You're right, he's a better 9.
Since you tried painfully to include last season where Laca didn't much playing time and was getting used to a new league.
Should we use Firmino's first EPL season numbers too?
Please don't otherwise people would think he's not even good enough for the EPL.

Firmino played striker this year. Just like last year.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
My first 11 players:

--Mbappe - Firmino --- Son----

--------Thomas - Allan-----------
------------Pjanic-----------------

-Alaba-XXX-Skriniar-Cancelo-

-----------Szczesny--------------

Bench: Aouar (still available if anybody wants).

Pjanic will be used as a deeper playmaker, with two very defensively solid, high energy, box-to-box players in Thomas and Allan together with him. Thomas and Allan aren't exactly flashy players that'll create much offense by themselves, but since most of those good flashy midfielders already were gone, I might as well pick players that are very good at neutralizing an opposition midfield. Which is why I think my midfield matches up well against many others.

Ideally I'd want a better deeper playmaker than Pjanic though. f*** me do I regret trading De Jong.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sterling-----Pitatek------Salah

------------Eriksen-----------------
--------Jorginho-Busquets---------

L. Hernandez-Vertonghen-Hummels-TAA

-----------Oblak--------------

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Brandt bought in as "replacement" for Pullisic. drafted 68th while Pullisic drafted 130. One went for 30 million the other what was it 80? Food for thought.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Brandt bought in as "replacement" for Pullisic. drafted 68th while Pullisic drafted 130. One went for 30 million the other what was it 80? Food for thought.

Pulisic is 3 years younger as well. I still think, and have always thought that Pulisic is extremely overrated and I was glad that we did not sign him.

I was wondering when Vinicius would finally go.

I was choosing between him and Insigne. Insigne had a few strange injuries this year, but his numbers were good when playing for a new manager. Was an easy decision in the end.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Felt about right for Pulisic here. Going to have a ton of minutes opened up for him at Chelsea because of departures, age and injuries. That forward line is going to be built around him. Let's see what he does with it

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pulisic quietly had the best season of his career. It went under the radar due to his mid season transfer, constant injuries and Sancho’s great season.

He has limited passing vision and isn’t much of a goal scorer, but there are few players in the sport who are better dribblers and he had a very good xG/xA season, along with a good G+A season per minute. I would’ve preferred he stayed and moved into a starting role. He was one of our best players towards the end of the season, but I’ll also take Brandt. Both are good players. Brandt had a very low release clause and doesn’t come with the recognition of Pulisic.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I was thinking of taking Vinicius, but I rate Chiesa a lot.

Hakimi was going to be my main FB choice but thought I could wait a couple more rounds and have two starting ones in M. alonso and him. Guess not.

Good string of selections

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad