HFBoard's 2019 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yes, the David Silva pick is still amazing. I was strongly considering taking him anyway, but a top midfielder in the world still for the next two or three years I'd guess. I only took Gundogan instead of him because of his ability to play deeper, but Silva is so, so good.

Also I really like James Maddison; I don't feel like that's a reach at this point.ç

Rashford being BPA...:laugh: Sorry that's rude. His stepovers are alright.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yes, the David Silva pick is still amazing. I was strongly considering taking him anyway, but a top midfielder in the world still for the next two or three years I'd guess. I only took Gundogan instead of him because of his ability to play deeper, but Silva is so, so good.

Also I really like James Maddison; I don't feel like that's a reach at this point.ç

Rashford being BPA...:laugh: Sorry that's rude. His stepovers are alright.
I thought he was taking a piss with that comment tbh. Dime a dozen player

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some underration with Rashford I see, besides Pogba he clearly is the best outfield player on United. He's look accomplished as striker and can play both sides as a winger. Sure he's still figuring out his game and evolving as a goalscorer, but there is a ton of talent here. But because he's on a shitty United squad he's considered shitty.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Maddison is 10000% a reach here but he's such a fun player that I can't hate the pick at all
Maddison was one of the best midfielders in the premier league this season at 22 years old. Not trying to pick on anyone in particular here, and I'm a noted big fan of Ruben Neves for example, but he was significantly better than Neves this season on very comparable teams. He's English so he's not 'sexy' as Mane would say, but he's a very, very good footballer and talent.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Maddison was one of the best midfielders in the premier league this season at 22 years old. Not trying to pick on anyone in particular here, and I'm a noted big fan of Ruben Neves for example, but he was significantly better than Neves this season on very comparable teams. He's English so he's not 'sexy' as Mane would say, but he's a very, very good footballer and talent.

Neves is a holding midfielder so the idea of comparing him to Maddison is absolutely ludicrous. You might as well compare Hazard and Casemiro.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Neves is a holding midfielder so the idea of comparing him to Maddison is absolutely ludicrous. You might as well compare Hazard and Casemiro.
You can compare Hazard and Casemiro on relative terms and conclude that Hazard is a much better player in the same way that you can compare Maddison and Neves.

But if you want a more 'like for like' comparison I would take Maddison over Dele Alli 100 times out of 100, among others (again, not picking on you Vasi just saying he's a very good player who had a very good season).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lautaro Martinez is a great pick, and was my next target. I think he's going to explode next season his underlying numbers were very encouraging for his usage and if you watch him play all ball skills and such aside his understanding of space, when to make runs and finishing are all very impressive. Great young player.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Stop the game now because I just won...

Icardi - Lacazette
Asensio - Koke - Havertz - Pepe
A. Sandro - Gimenez - van Dijk (C) - S. Roberto
Lloris​

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Stop the game now because I just won...

Icardi - Lacazette
Asensio - Koke - Havertz - Pepe
A. Sandro - Gimenez - van Dijk (C) - S. Roberto
Lloris​
This is the best team I've seen you draft but that midfield is incredibly fragile and would get cut to ribbons by a lot of these teams even with the defensive GOAT.

Reactions: Creed Bratton

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is the best team I've seen you draft but that midfield is incredibly fragile and would get cut to ribbons by a lot of these teams even with the defensive GOAT.
If you want to talk about Italian glassblowing, compare the left side of your team to the right. One side is powerhouse titanium, the other is a bog.

Lots of nice names but that formation does not fit the players. Havertz is not a CM built for a 4-4-2.
Decided to go with a simple formation, what are your thoughts on formation?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->