HFBoards' 2018 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I wasn't ruling out picking him myself, but I think I would have better options.

It's the beginning of the draft, the options are near infinite! I had lots of other good options, and I'll happily explain my deeper thought process once a few other guys get took. This was an impulsive one after I had been pretty self-assured of how I was gonna pick all day.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah I mean don't get me wrong, lots of time to pick a team around him and do well, and he's not a terrible pick persay. I just think that compared to other top players who are already in their primes and so on this is a bit off the board.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Are you keeping any sort of stats/metrics on the performance of your teams when this finishes?

Or its just purely to draft and then debate on the strongest teams afterwards?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Are you keeping any sort of stats/metrics on the performance of your teams when this finishes?

Or its just purely to draft and then debate on the strongest teams afterwards?
Mostly the latter. Sometimes we have judges who evaluate the teams for us based on their own criteria.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
For the record, Les habs offered me a fair enough offer for 1st overall, but I decided that I didn't want to fall that far.

I would have drafted either Neymar or Mbappe 1st overall, which is why I traded down.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I was considering him at #2 because I don't care for Neymar. Don't really have the time to negotiate a trade down a few spots. Interesting to see where he would have went if not for WBS. #5 is about all I would have been comfortable moving down to.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I was considering him at #2 because I don't care for Neymar. Don't really have the time to negotiate a trade down a few spots. Interesting to see where he would have went if not for WBS. #5 is about all I would have been comfortable moving down to.

When I saw the first list which had me 2nd, I started planning on taking Neymar...before I realized that that was the pre-randomization list :laugh:

The 4 who've been picked were the 4 players I was thinking about for my pick when I saw the actual draw. So I was content to just sit back & see which of the quartet was there for me to snag.

...even if Luka is a pensioner by cgf-team standards...he's lucky he's a midfielder...

Last edited:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I was certain I was taking Modric, and then at the last minute decided that building my team around a >30 wouldn't be as fun as building around a young lad.

Loving the way this draft is starting.

Reactions: cgf

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
S E P H, why can't we have nice things? I know everyone knows the other player you posted, but let's just try to adhere to the rules of no mentioning unpicked players.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So I was about to post here that I have a list of like 500 players all sorted by position so I don't forget anyone like I did last year then I was looking at my list and I forgot someone so let's see how this goes!

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad