HF Wrestling Round 1: CHGoalie27 vs Cor

Which card do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Lack of sportsmanship, dude i didnt have a chance anyway. Cards obviously NOTHING to do with it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lack of sportsmanship, dude i didnt have a chance anyway. Cards obvisouly NOTHING to do with it.
How so? You claim his “friends” from the OT thread all voted for him when Disclose, Peter and SeidoN, who are regulars there voted for you. If what you claimed was correct, the votes would currently be 19-8 for Cor.

Remove my vote — hell, add it to yours, and you’re still losing.

This is supposed to be fun and you turned it into some conspiracy that all his friends voted for him. I’ll willingly remove my vote and change it to your card since that’s the only thing I can do.

He would be winning regardless at this point.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Reacting poorly or trying to make it interesting? As this is wrestling, pretty much everything is open, any edge to take. He's taking one way, and it is what it is. I'm currently having to explain how I'm basically taking the only possible action other than to lie down and take an easy lick from what is most obviously each member of Cor's fan club LOL

**Again, obviously like last year for those who don't remember, I leave it all on the ice, something everyone here should be able to appreciate***
Maybe this was missed?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lack of sportsmanship, dude i didnt have a chance anyway. Cards obviously NOTHING to do with it.

200.gif

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
There's one that you openly refer to as your "partner" and talk up how you are going to win, that's the one where there's an issue because we know that card is getting an automatic two votes every time, and if that ends up deciding who wins then that sucks. Then you'll be on here with your grand reveal gloating about how you won.

Again there's two easy solutions, either you don't vote and get to keep playing on your little angle, or we know who you are teamed with and you don't vote on those cards. But having a team of two people who will always be voting the one card is an unfair advantage.

Eh he can never win as he wasn't a GM. I can call myself a member of the 2018 Washington Capitals all day long but I won't find my name on the Stanley Cup. Of course implicitly equating the two things is admittedly laughable.

It amazes me that something so fun can be tarnished by a couple people.

Maybe if you (@CHGoalie27 ) tried to be more likeable and stopped trying to make people feel bad because they are winning a poll, you’d actually win one.

I’m sorry you thought you were going to win, and probably aren’t.

If it means so much to you, I will gladly take the loss and you can win.

I’m happy with the card I built. I had fun doing it. I don’t care if I go out in round 1 or win the thing

It's not about being likable though, it's only supposed to be about the cards. I certainly voted on cards as opposed to who I found likable, though in most instances I find everyone equal on a personal level. Again though in this case either card can be justified depending on what someone likes. If someone prefers Japanese wrestling or hardcore wrestling then CHGoalie27 is an easy pick. If someone is a fan of the recent WWE product then Cor's card is easily the one to pick. I would hope that likability isn't a big factor in the votes that people made.

How so? You claim his “friends” from the OT thread all voted for him when Disclose, Peter and SeidoN, who are regulars there voted for you. If what you claimed was correct, the votes would currently be 19-8 for Cor.

Remove my vote — hell, add it to yours, and you’re still losing.

This is supposed to be fun and you turned it into some conspiracy that all his friends voted for him. I’ll willingly remove my vote and change it to your card since that’s the only thing I can do.

He would be winning regardless at this point.

It may not decide the result, but let's not pretend that CHGoalie27 is completely crazy. Cor went to some thread and asked for votes, and shortly after some people active in that thread voted for him and as far as we know didn't even look at another thread. He didn't break the rules or anything but it doesn't look good any way you slice it. In your personal case at least you have clearly shown interest in the process, and even if you were involved with Cor I suspect that you have similar interests anyway. I do suspect that who a poster is impacts the results in some cases but that's unavoidable and not a big deal.

Overall I find this somewhat amusing though. We have a weird heel vs heel feud with a corporate champion taking on a paranoid competitor and each has a point. I wouldn't bring sportsmanship in it either as a slight against any particular poster in here. No one has cheated. I do hope to one day face off against my frequent neighbour CHGoalie27 though, mainly for the promos.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I didn't even take Cor's post in the OT thread as serious. I seriously doubt any of us chose Cor just because he made a small comment about voting for him. Whole thing has been blown out of proportion because conspiracies apparently.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I didn't even take Cor's post in the OT thread as serious. I seriously doubt any of us chose Cor just because he made a small comment about voting for him. Whole thing has been blown out of proportion because conspiracies apparently.
Your simple presence and obvious stance here does prove the point. Just saying.

Reactions: Morozov

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It was another thread on the same board :laugh:

I posted the link, the same link they’d see when they went to enter the thread I posted in anyway.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

It was very coincidental I guess that he asked for votes and shortly after received votes from people in that thread who still have not voted for any other cards. It's a fairly obvious attempt to gets votes at a time when the voting was pretty much tied. I doubt that it has any actual impact on the final results but again let's not pretend that CHGoalie27 is completely crazy. I agree that it shouldn't be blown out of proportion though. It is a fantasy wrestling draft on a hockey message board.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
...meanwhile everyone sayimg IM the one bitching and moaning are givin themselves away...especially after a recent bumped post that went over heads a second time.

I picked Andy Kaufman last year, you dingleberries. Let someone whos outnumbered at least use it for something.

Im having fun being a heel and actually getting the rise. So if you miss on that, I'm sorry. I clarified enough. And last year too.

...and my card is has everything his has and then some so why let up!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cor is such a figure that if he asked for votes most people would vote AGAINST him :laugh:

I agree that we have a heel vs. heel program here now. The HEAT. Someone has to turn or we need a babyface to enter the fray.

@Chris Cutter match these two up every year pls

Reactions: Chris Cutter

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Cor is such a figure that if he asked for votes most people would vote AGAINST him :laugh:

I agree that we have a heel vs. heel program here now. The HEAT. Someone has to turn or we need a babyface to enter the fray.

@Chris Cutter match these two up every year pls

Well, we don’t need to go that far

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Im confused now.

With a look at the other thread, looks like the same people accusing me of poor sportmanship are the people are making it personal.

Very telling. The whole thing has been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad