HF posters decide 25 rule/league changes.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
No more drug testing, players can smoke weed, snort lines and inject tren straight into their veins in between periods if they want
Marijuana and cocaine aren’t currently considered banned substances by the NHL/NHLPA

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Outside of getting rid of shootouts, make it illegal to have a team cycle back past center when they have the puck in OT. Keep the play moving forward. The intent was to open up the ice & have breakout plays.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
1. take out automatic 4 mins for drawing blood on a high stick
2. Base suspensions on the act itself, and not putting so much weight on the result (injury?). A dangerous hit is a dangerous hit.
3. Point system: 2 points regulation win / 1 point OT/SO win / 0 points for any loss

That's more than one rule.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
I have one 99% of fans would not like

16 teams make the playoffs and it is 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15 and so on. And after ever remaining teams are ranked again by pts again and then have 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7 and so on

So, you might not have an Eastern conference team make the Stanley Cup finals? It could be two Western conference teams or two Eastern conference teams playing for the Stanley Cup? Don't know how I would feel about this.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Might have already been covered and might have enough already, but I propose that in some way the league needs to smooth out emergency goalies. As one myself it’s a great dream, but one of these guys is going to get hurt eventually. There should be a minimum standard.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Make the icing penalty line move back to the D-zone blue line. Rarely to never does someone ice a puck to just clear it after they get past their own blue line. If they do, they already go it out of their zone anyways and the play is basically resetting regardless. Way less stoppages, more opportunity for stretch passes, or even more elaborate dump and chase strats against trapping teams.

Bunch of reasons to change it, very few outside of "lets just play bubble hockey" to not.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Offsides (reviewed) is automatically negated if the defensive team gains possession of the puck, fails to clear the zone and then gives up a goal.

If Team A pulls their Goalie icing for Team B is automatically negated.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
No idea how you do it but bring in puck and player tracking to the full extent and take refs out of some of the more mundane calls. Let the AI determine offsides and goals at the very least.

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
Rule change #2
All games played in the month of April are 2-point games. Meaning, the winner takes 2 points, and the loser takes 0. No more watching hockey games where the game is tied, and 10 minutes left in the third period and the teams are just skating out there not wanting to take a chance and lose the game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
People always talk about the puck over the glass rule.

Nah. It's fine. It should be a penalty.

Does it suck a big one when it happens to your team? Yes. However, I don't think people are really remembering how bad it was.

I don't want to go back to the puck being heaved over the boards after every half-chance.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
On the ice, I think it's mostly fine right now. I would make the following changes:

-Scrap the shootout; 3v3 until somebody scores.
-To that point, make some sort of effort to prevent the backing up and reloading 3v3. I propose that the redline becomes the offside line.
-If you're gonna review offside, he has to be whole ass offside. If that requires changing the rule, then change the rule. I'm sick of this toenail shit. Both feet whole ass offside.
-Just put the chips in the pucks so we know if it went in or not. It's 2024.

All that being said, the biggest problems I have with the league aren't on the ice. The biggest problems I have stem from the fact that the salaries have completely ballooned in recent years (inflation and all that) and the cap hasn't moved. They really need to do something about that.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
1. Bring back ties. 2 points for a win, 1 point to each team for a tie, 0 points for a loss. No gimmicks deciding the standings, just hockey.

2. Goal review — each team gets 2 challenges per game, no penalty for being wrong, and you can also challenge goals for being kicked or thrown into the net, but offsides review changes in the following way: if 10 or more seconds comes off the game clock between zone entry and the goal, the goal cannot be challenged on the basis of offside entry. A goal also cannot be challenged/overturned for being offside if the defending team gained possession of the puck between the zone entry and the goal, regardless of how much time elapsed between the entry and the goal. I’m sick of seeing good goals overturned because an entry that happened 30 seconds ago that had f***-all to do with the team scoring being a maybe millimeter offside. Finally, all reviews should be done in Toronto by people who have access to screens bigger than the size of their hand and should be capped at 1:00 of review time. If you can’t decide in a minute or less, there isn’t enough evidence to overturn the call on the ice, which is presumptively correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad