OT: HF Pens OT Zone: It's cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, don't risk going too soon and having to go through it again because your knee wasn't ready.

Take the down time now and push it once you get the OK from your doctor. Seriously, don't risk having to get a 2nd surgery done.
I used to work in orthopaedic physio, seen too many people go too hard too soon or be doing an exercise that does absolutely nothing for their recovery.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the rest :laugh:

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I used to work in orthopaedic physio, seen too many people go too hard too soon or be doing an exercise that does absolutely nothing for their recovery.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the rest :laugh:

As exactly that sort of person, Clare is right.

Reactions: Clare2904

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone want to play some Warframe co-op before the puck drops?
Or at least set something up to play co-op sometime?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Vet called with my pugs blood work results some good some bad but pretty much status quo.

So it’s a risk for him to get dental work but bad teeth also make the kidneys worse and the procedure could speed it up too. Damn.

Still only at stage 2 kidney disease (goes to stage 4) so he should have a few good years left. He’s only 8 so I think I’ll go ahead with it on Friday. I want to throw up though having to make the decision. I was a mess when he had an eye removed and that’s relative safe thing to have done for dogs.

Reactions: EightyOne

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Vet called with my pugs blood work results some good some bad but pretty much status quo.

So it’s a risk for him to get dental work but bad teeth also make the kidneys worse and the procedure could speed it up too. Damn.

Still only at stage 2 kidney disease (goes to stage 4) so he should have a few good years left. He’s only 8 so I think I’ll go ahead with it on Friday. I want to throw up though having to make the decision. I was a mess when he had an eye removed and that’s relative safe thing to have done for dogs.
Status quo isn't so bad. Maybe talk to the vet who does his teeth and see what your options are?

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Status quo isn't so bad. Maybe talk to the vet who does his teeth and see what your options are?

Same vet. It’s get it done or not. He has some to come out and the bacteria they create will just make the kidneys work harder.

I want him to have the best life he can still. I’ll double check what my old vet says. They treated him before and after he was hospitalised 3 years ago. I think they’ll probably say to go ahead.

My other dog had his dental work done there and it went well. They also said they will use different meds to put him under which are better for kidneys.

Just nerve racking and I used to be able to deal with stress a lot better before my brain injuries.

I’m sure he’ll be good. They told me he had a few weeks/months to live and that was 3.5 years ago.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Yeah, don't risk going too soon and having to go through it again because your knee wasn't ready.

Take the down time now and push it once you get the OK from your doctor. Seriously, don't risk having to get a 2nd surgery done.

100% this, but also, whenever you are cleared to resume physical activity, it's really important that you're paying attention to your form and making sure that you're not holding back for fear of injury. Failing to do so is an incredibly common reason that people, particularly athletes, suffer complications or get re-injured. Take the time to rest up and heal now so that you can confidently resume activity when the time is right. Both steps are important.

Reactions: Winger for Hire

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Same vet. It’s get it done or not. He has some to come out and the bacteria they create will just make the kidneys work harder.

I want him to have the best life he can still. I’ll double check what my old vet says. They treated him before and after he was hospitalised 3 years ago. I think they’ll probably say to go ahead.

My other dog had his dental work done there and it went well. They also said they will use different meds to put him under which are better for kidneys.

Just nerve racking and I used to be able to deal with stress a lot better before my brain injuries.

I’m sure he’ll be good. They told me he had a few weeks/months to live and that was 3.5 years ago.
I feel ya. It's tough being in charge of someone you love's well being, whether they have two legs or 4.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
If anyone has a decent, scam-free stream to tonights MNF game, PM me please. All the one's I've found on Google are shit. Cannot believe the f-ing NFL doesn't allow all MNF games to go over the air or free stream on their web site. I'm not sure there's a bigger American sports tradition anywhere, something most of us grew up with as kids (well maybe not in this forum) and now they've monetized that too through BS television arrangements. As part of the deal they should force Disney or whoever owns ESPN these days to also air it on ABC.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Do the dental work.

The risk is there. But so is going septic with bad teeth.

If it's successful, quality of life will go up.

Yeah that’s what I decided. If they get a lot worse down the road and his kidney levels get worse it’s going to be way more risky.

They are good when they call if your dog is under anaesthetic. They called about my other dog really early in the day so I freaked a little but their first words before saying hi is “everything is alright”

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I need to try that game. What are you playing it on?

What’s some good games on the DS? I play Mario Kart which I love and could play it forever but I’d like to branch out into something else.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
What’s some good games on the DS? I play Mario Kart which I love and could play it forever but I’d like to branch out into something else.
I really liked Zelda A Link Between Worlds. Super Mario 3D Land is good. New Super Mario Bros. Metroid Samus Returns. Luigi's Mansion. Bravely Default is a good JRPG. I like all of the Fire Emblem games, and Pokemon are good too. Donkey Kong Country Returns. The Mario and Luigi games are pretty good. I've heard the Kirby Robobot is good. Animal Crossing is good. Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are also really good remasters.

I haven't played all of those on DS, but I've played games in the series of all of them and like them.

Those are all 3DS/2DS. I realized you just said DS. So hopefully that list is still good.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Yeah go with all the Zelda games you can find. They are perfect for DS.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I really liked Zelda A Link Between Worlds. Super Mario 3D Land is good. New Super Mario Bros. Metroid Samus Returns. Luigi's Mansion. Bravely Default is a good JRPG. I like all of the Fire Emblem games, and Pokemon are good too. Donkey Kong Country Returns. The Mario and Luigi games are pretty good. I've heard the Kirby Robobot is good. Animal Crossing is good. Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are also really good remasters.

I haven't played all of those on DS, but I've played games in the series of all of them and like them.

Those are all 3DS/2DS. I realized you just said DS. So hopefully that list is still good.

Thanks yeah I got the new 2DS

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Did you get the 2 DS XL?

Is regular even sold?

I know they're still expensive-ish. But I'd still probably get it over Switch myself. I don't game to hardcore. It seems more durable for throwing into a work bag. Better battery life. And graphics/online aren't important to me, in a portable.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Did you get the 2 DS XL?

Is regular even sold?

I know they're still expensive-ish. But I'd still probably get it over Switch myself. I don't game to hardcore. It seems more durable for throwing into a work bag. Better battery life. And graphics/online aren't important to me, in a portable.

Yeah that’s what I got, the XL. Came with Mario Kart 7 installed. I looked at the switch but I wanted something smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad