OT: HF Jets Lounge - No Jokinen in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
well i just got home...and missed the ****ing hockey game. thanks babe, really appreciate that. you and your sickness and our unborn fetal child being priority and all that...grumble grumble.

I get there, and of course the kids are being little devil children because they take after me...and its an area where they really need to be quiet as its a hospital...and of course they aren't. We end up leaving, my wife asks me if I'll go and get her vietamese food...so I do it. Cuz I rock. It takes like an hour to get there and back because I'm not from calgary and have only really driven in it like twice, so i get lost....I finally get the food to her, and she now calls me and says...i didnt even eat it. i was too sick.

but I got banderas bread from BP's on my way home. So I'll count tonight as a win!

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
True.

She bawled when Iggy got traded. In retrospect that might have been hormones...

I'm sure she wasn't the only one.

And yeah, that kid crying blog is so great.

"He asked me to put butter on his rice. I put butter on his rice"

Best of luck with the baby on the way!

And to whomever posted the weather? I hope in my heart of hearts that it can be that warm, or warmer, but it's just hard to believe.

I REALLY wish I could have the motorcycle on the road by now.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
well i just got home...and missed the ****ing hockey game. thanks babe, really appreciate that. you and your sickness and our unborn fetal child being priority and all that...grumble grumble.

I get there, and of course the kids are being little devil children because they take after me...and its an area where they really need to be quiet as its a hospital...and of course they aren't. We end up leaving, my wife asks me if I'll go and get her vietamese food...so I do it. Cuz I rock. It takes like an hour to get there and back because I'm not from calgary and have only really driven in it like twice, so i get lost....I finally get the food to her, and she now calls me and says...i didnt even eat it. i was too sick.

but I got banderas bread from BP's on my way home. So I'll count tonight as a win!

Congratulations! On the banderas bread of course.:sarcasm:

Dammit, it feels like I'm gonna get a bad cold. Kinda sucks when I'm actually doing really well at the gym, and have actually started running. Last time I actually did run on a regular basis was like 4 years and 45 pounds ago.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Congratulations! On the banderas bread of course.:sarcasm:

Dammit, it feels like I'm gonna get a bad cold. Kinda sucks when I'm actually doing really well at the gym, and have actually started running. Last time I actually did run on a regular basis was like 4 years and 45 pounds ago.

Dude...you just gotta fight through it. Do your run with like a garbage bag on and you'll sweat all that crap out of your system. Trust me, you'll feel like a million bucks after.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
just a really small VERY OT point.....its like i might need an off OFF Broadway thread for this one.

kudos to the boys who own this website.... but..... Herbal magic and the RWD (Royal Winnipeg Ballet) are spending money to promote their brands on here and is it just me or does it seem like our crowd might not be their target demographic :naughty::laugh:

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Dude...you just gotta fight through it. Do your run with like a garbage bag on and you'll sweat all that crap out of your system. Trust me, you'll feel like a million bucks after.

I sometimes find the easiest days to get out and run are days when I feel sick. If I feel so crappy I call in sick to work, I sometimes still get a run in. I ALWAYS feel better after.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I sometimes find the easiest days to get out and run are days when I feel sick. If I feel so crappy I call in sick to work, I sometimes still get a run in. I ALWAYS feel better after.

I'm not a runner (hate it with a passion, envy those that enjoy it) but as long as it's just a head cold type of situation (runny nose, stuffed up head) I find exercise - something that makes me sweat - gives me the greatest relief. It tends to dehydrate me enough to stop the runny nose for a couple of hours and will even help with the internal congestion.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I'm not a runner (hate it with a passion, envy those that enjoy it) but as long as it's just a head cold type of situation (runny nose, stuffed up head) I find exercise - something that makes me sweat - gives me the greatest relief. It tends to dehydrate me enough to stop the runny nose for a couple of hours and will even help with the internal congestion.

You just getting rid of the virus in your body, and it takes your mid off of stuff.

I'm with you..i ****ing hate running and it shows lol.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Huh, gonna have to get on that tomorrow then! Hate going to the gym when I'm not feeling like I can go 100%, but I'm not a great runner to begin with, so I don't think it'll feel much different!

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Huh, gonna have to get on that tomorrow then! Hate going to the gym when I'm not feeling like I can go 100%, but I'm not a great runner to begin with, so I don't think it'll feel much different!

Oh yea. it makes you feel so much better to sweat that **** out.

Anyone here ever got really hammered and then went for a run the next day, or circuit training or w/e...it's disgusting.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Oh yea. it makes you feel so much better to sweat that **** out.

Anyone here ever got really hammered and then went for a run the next day, or circuit training or w/e...it's disgusting.

Hangover running is the best. You feel like complete ass for the first 5-10 minutes of the run, but once you get it over and done with you feel like a million bucks.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
You just getting rid of the virus in your body, and it takes your mid off of stuff.

I'm with you..i ****ing hate running and it shows lol.

I think it's something about sweating out garbage (I use sauna's more when I'm sick too) and also just getting your body working hard, which forces lots of oxygen all around, gets your blood moving faster and pickup up garbage and getting rid of it...

You know how when an old person drives a car like, well, an old person, and then you buy it cause it's in good condition still, but you've gotta REALLY gotta open it up on the highway to blow all the carbon out of the valves etc? That's how I think of it. I view my body like an engine, and when it's not running as well as it should, I warm it up, then really giver and just blast out all the garbage, burn all the bad fuel, and my engine runs better after.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Hangover running is the best. You feel like complete ass for the first 5-10 minutes of the run, but once you get it over and done with you feel like a million bucks.

I did it alot my first year in the navy. You sweat so much its friggen ridiculous. Its funny when you drink a bunch of jagr bombs the night before...your sweat totally smells like Jagr bombs.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I'd planned to whine here about currently suffering a freakin' massive hangover and then I read all these booze and hangover posts on this page and also the allied chatter about working out while hungover... and this has inspired me to go take a nap instead.

:(

#massivehangover

#pain

#whatthehellhappenedlastnight?

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
So I'm on week four of my Champix prescription...also day eight of constipation from the prescription.

Am I weak person if I toss the prescription and buy a pack of smokes in an effort to evacuate my bowls?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So I'm on week four of my Champix prescription...also day eight of constipation from the prescription.

Am I weak person if I toss the prescription and buy a pack of smokes in an effort to evacuate my bowls?

Have you spoken to your doctor? That's getting into dangerous territory, imho.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
What is this hangover malady being bandied about?

Just kidding. I'm aware of what it is, but have never suffered from a hangover. I'm closing in fast on Freedom55, and in my more than half a century on this planet, and 40 years of consuming vast amounts of alcohol, never once have I been a victim of the dreaded hangover. I've downed insane amounts of booze at times, and woken up in the morning feeling just fine - no headaches, no "shakes", no queasy stomach, no "porcelain phonecalls", and usually just starving hungry.

In retrospect, maybe it wasn't such a good thing. Never learned my lesson, like so many others have. My wife has a "No Shooter" policy, with good reason. Me? Meh, I've never had a problem with them. Not all too long ago, when I was very close to 50, I stayed up with my friend, celebrating his purchase of a new house, and between the two of us, until 7 AM, consumed the better part of three 24's. A couple hours of sleep, and I was good to go.

Of course, my liver has probably thrown in the white towel by now, but I have always had a high tolerance level for booze. If we lived in the US, I'm convinced I'd be an alcoholic.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville

First of all, get in to your doctor as soon as you can - that's unnatural, and unhealthy. Please don't buy the smokes - you will regret it almost immediately, I'm willing to wager. certain that it's just a side effect of the medication, but you should see your doctor as soon as possible.

Second of all, would you say the Champix is working? Has your desire for nicotine declined? Have you suffered from any hallucinations or depression? I'm curious, because a friend of ours tried Champix, and it turned her into broadzilla - she was grumpy, couldn't sleep because of the the hallucinations, and generally was never her usual cheerful self. Yet I understand it has a very high rate of success.

I have quit smoking numerous times; even went almost three years clean, but cannot seem to permanently quit the habit. I've quit cold turkey each time, with success lasting anywhere from six months to the almost three years as mentioned, and am wondering if the Champix might work, as it conditions one's body and mind to reject the nicotine.

I know it's bad for me, and I am reminded of it's toll on my conditioning every time I engage in serious exercise or circuit training. Yet I can't seem to drop the habit permanently. I find I'm craving a cigarette, and then the taste disgusts me when I indulge the stupid habit. But that devil Nicotine has got it's hooks in me something fierce.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
First of all, get in to your doctor as soon as you can - that's unnatural, and unhealthy. Please don't buy the smokes - you will regret it almost immediately, I'm willing to wager. certain that it's just a side effect of the medication, but you should see your doctor as soon as possible.

Second of all, would you say the Champix is working? Has your desire for nicotine declined? Have you suffered from any hallucinations or depression? I'm curious, because a friend of ours tried Champix, and it turned her into broadzilla - she was grumpy, couldn't sleep because of the the hallucinations, and generally was never her usual cheerful self. Yet I understand it has a very high rate of success.

I have quit smoking numerous times; even went almost three years clean, but cannot seem to permanently quit the habit. I've quit cold turkey each time, with success lasting anywhere from six months to the almost three years as mentioned, and am wondering if the Champix might work, as it conditions one's body and mind to reject the nicotine.

I know it's bad for me, and I am reminded of it's toll on my conditioning every time I engage in serious exercise or circuit training. Yet I can't seem to drop the habit permanently. I find I'm craving a cigarette, and then the taste disgusts me when I indulge the stupid habit. But that devil Nicotine has got it's hooks in me something fierce.

I probably tried quitting 30 times before I actually did it for real. I was living in Peace River at the time, there was no smoking in my workplace and I had outlawed smoking in my apartment. Dead of winter, -35 and the only place I could smoke was on my balcony. I decided right then and there to quit, and never looked back.

I would never start smoking again because I couldn't put myself through the pain of quitting again. Besides, who can afford 10+ bucks a day to kill themselves?

I think the key to quitting is to make it extremely inconvenient to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad