OT: HF Jets Lounge - No Jokinen in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Watching the WBS/ Hershey outdoor game right now. Lighting and camera angle are atrocious... big ball drop by the league/ broadcaster.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Finally gave up on Windows 8. Had it on my laptop for a few months, can't watch video without serious lag. Waited for a fix as long as I could... reinstalled Vista. Yes, Vista. That's how bad it sucked.

Now to try and get my money back. :D

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Finally got my semi all going good for winter. Winter front on, engine heater all fixed up, heater box repaired.

Temps like this are absolute hell on semis. Boy am I happy I have a heated shop.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Finally gave up on Windows 8. Had it on my laptop for a few months, can't watch video without serious lag. Waited for a fix as long as I could... reinstalled Vista. Yes, Vista. That's how bad it sucked.

Telling them that you were willing to reinstall Vista really should be enough to get your money back...

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Unfortunately, as it doesn't really help you get your problem fixed, it's most likely a device driver issue - hardware manufacturer problem, not really Microsoft. I feel for you though - sux when things don't work.

I've had nothing but success with Win8 - I've got it on all of my machines, and have been running it since Sep 2011 (Developer Preview) without much trouble. What laptop do you have, Jet?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I use Windows 7. I doubt that I'll upgrade to Windows 8. The GUI puts me off and I hear that the platform is difficult for game developers to work with.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Here is a meme worthy picture from Saturday's game, featuring our the Olli Jokinen.

znVWlfy.jpg

Edit: At home now. Found a better version of the picture.

b7PWccf.jpg

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Telling them that you were willing to reinstall Vista really should be enough to get your money back...

I know! Desperation, right? I would have just put XP on the machine but I didn't have a copy. I would rather stay legit.

Unfortunately, as it doesn't really help you get your problem fixed, it's most likely a device driver issue - hardware manufacturer problem, not really Microsoft. I feel for you though - sux when things don't work.

I've had nothing but success with Win8 - I've got it on all of my machines, and have been running it since Sep 2011 (Developer Preview) without much trouble. What laptop do you have, Jet?

I have a HP Compaq Presario CQ70. I've spent months trying to fix the problem. I have taken all of the proper steps to try and isolate the problem. I have updated every single driver. It's a latency issue and might have to do with my graphics card. Unfortunately Intel has already stated they will not provide an updated driver for its mobile intel 4 series express chipset family for use with Windows 8. Microsoft wouldn't tell me if they will ever provide a driver for it. I got sick of waiting to see if they would bother fixing this problem.

Vista sucks but at least I can do all the things I use my laptop for. So frustrating not being able to stream video.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I know! Desperation, right? I would have just put XP on the machine but I didn't have a copy. I would rather stay legit.

I have a HP Compaq Presario CQ70. I've spent months trying to fix the problem. I have taken all of the proper steps to try and isolate the problem. I have updated every single driver. It's a latency issue and might have to do with my graphics card. Unfortunately Intel has already stated they will not provide an updated driver for its mobile intel 4 series express chipset family for use with Windows 8. Microsoft wouldn't tell me if they will ever provide a driver for it. I got sick of waiting to see if they would bother fixing this problem.

Vista sucks but at least I can do all the things I use my laptop for. So frustrating not being able to stream video.

There's your problem. You're using a business laptop with a dedicated graphics controller instead of an actual video card. I don't like laptops for that very reason.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
There's your problem. You're using a business laptop with a dedicated graphics controller instead of an actual video card. I don't like laptops for that very reason.

I know my way around a computer but I'm not really savvy enough to know the difference to be honest. I just wanted a laptop that would do the things I want it to do. Watching videos is BIG for me. I like to stream to my TV through HDMI and I couldn't do that. Heck, if I loaded a gif heavy page it would lock up my comp. Even loading the tiles on the start screen the start up sound would be all choppy.

Just terrible for me. This comp isn't new but it's not exactly slow: 2GHZ dual processor and 4GB ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad