OT: HF Jets Lounge - No Jokinen in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok Rick Pitino got some bad plastic surgery (Louisville Head coach)......let it go brother.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
:laugh:

The more I read from you, the more I think Sweden and Canada are pretty damn similar.

Don't say that! If my plans to move to the US don't work out, Canada is my 2nd choice, and I don't want it to be another Sweden!:laugh:

I would move to Norway or Sweden in a heartbeat.

Hoping to get over there sometime by fall. Land in Germany, dip down into Austria then head Nord only 2 weeks planned total. :cry:

Probably enough time to hit Oslo and the surrounding area for a quick and dirty Viking raid on the Food, Beer, Burial sites and perhaps if I am very lucky catch a show. :yo:

Yeah, except we in Canada to not have the quality of life (in general) that they do in Scandinavia...or the quality of beer.

Dude, you can't raid our burial sites, it's awfully rude!:sarcasm:

Sounds like a sweet trip, hopefully the weather is good, that could really make it an awesome trip if it is. Also, remember that everything in Sweden is really expensive. And everything in Norway is waaaay more expensive!

While I do agree about our beer, our quality of life is generally going down the crapper, quickly. The beer is awesome though!

Whereabouts are you in Sweden, Romang? Our normal High/Low is +8/-3. Today it ws -5/-18 :( We've been 5-20 degrees below normal for over a month. It is super frustrating :rant:

I am taking a roadtrip to Miami in May but even that seems like an eternity away right now.

I'm in Järfälla, just northwest of Stockholm. Normally around this time of year, we dip just below 0 from time to time. This year, we are above 0 sometimes. I'd say we are around -10/0 to -5/+5. Last year, it was like +5/+16...:cry:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ufc

just got email notice today for the Premium seat advanced sales for the UFC. They are opening it up to those who have licences and it reads:

Your exclusive access to tickets runs from Tuesday, April 9th at 2:00pm until Thursday, April 11th at 11:00am. Orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday, April 12th at 10:00am.

This is an "A" Event - ticket purchases are limited to the number of Premium Seat membership licenses you have on your Jets ticket account. Accounts exceeding this limit will have their orders cancelled without notice.
Premium Seat Pricing: $500.00, $250.00, $350.00, $150.00 and $90.00 (plus FMF and Service Charges). Reserved Seating.
Direct questions regarding Premium seat sales can be sent to [email protected] or call Heather at 204-926-5529.

Just and FYI for those of you who are UFC fans

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
just got email notice today for the Premium seat advanced sales for the UFC. They are opening it up to those who have licences and it reads:

Your exclusive access to tickets runs from Tuesday, April 9th at 2:00pm until Thursday, April 11th at 11:00am. Orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday, April 12th at 10:00am.

This is an "A" Event - ticket purchases are limited to the number of Premium Seat membership licenses you have on your Jets ticket account. Accounts exceeding this limit will have their orders cancelled without notice.
Premium Seat Pricing: $500.00, $250.00, $350.00, $150.00 and $90.00 (plus FMF and Service Charges). Reserved Seating.
Direct questions regarding Premium seat sales can be sent to [email protected] or call Heather at 204-926-5529.

Just and FYI for those of you who are UFC fans

Beauty thanks, I can't wait!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
“Your industry is a critical link in the supply chain that moves goods from producers and suppliers to markets. Without it, our domestic transportation system, our trade with the US and the entire Canadian economy would look about as good as the chances of the Phoenix Coyotes winning their division this year,†the Winnipeg Jets fan quipped, prompting chuckles from a room of more than 100 carrier owners and managers. “As the saying goes, if you got it a truck brought it.â€

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://www.trucknews.com/news/minis...dressing-trucking-industry-issues/1002210713/

Rhino204

Jun 30, 2010
Winnipeg
Relying on some people here who are more in tune with "what's happening" these days in our fair city. Haven't gone out to party here in a long time, any advice on where to go to get a great pub atmosphere and lots of scenery on a Friday night.. Is Shannon's still good? Kings Head? Other suggestions???

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Relying on some people here who are more in tune with "what's happening" these days in our fair city. Haven't gone out to party here in a long time, any advice on where to go to get a great pub atmosphere and lots of scenery on a Friday night.. Is Shannon's still good? Kings Head? Other suggestions???

Westbrook Inn on Keewatin. Teddy Bob's at the corner of Arlington and Logan.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg

Hate Bars, generally, a good pub is okay, Love the kings head. I play pool there with some friends every once in a while.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I've been cracking up for five minutes, and they still just say "one week ago" :laugh:

I have kids around that age so his (or her) ability to find the humor in the situation is really quite refreshing.....perhaps it is therapy :laugh::laugh:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So a quick update for everybody...

The wife is still in the hospital and will be for the forseeable future, she now has strep throat and they cant seem to keep her blood pressure up.

However...the baby seems fine, so here's to hoping.

Thanks for all your good wishes guys, I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

Diatidialga

Sep 13, 2011
Winnipeg
69kl8UP.png

Why?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So a quick update for everybody...

The wife is still in the hospital and will be for the forseeable future, she now has strep throat and they cant seem to keep her blood pressure up.

However...the baby seems fine, so here's to hoping.

Thanks for all your good wishes guys, I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

All the best to you and your family - are you still "stuck" where you're at?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I would love to believe that on April 21st it will be 9 (which should be our normal temp for that day) but I have no faith they can predict the weather even 2 days in the future ESPECIALLY since the plus temps have been promised for 3 weeks :)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yea, but I'm getting a lift in to get the van and what not tonight. And...you know...see how she's doing.

Good stuff, and congrats on the news. I'm sure it'll be great to be back together. Think about the stories you can now tell down the road. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia