OT: HF Jets Lounge - No Jokinen in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006
Haha, oh man. I had a row of dancing ladies in front of me. Three of them looked at least 35+, with one being in her early 20s. They were all having a good time, and I enjoyed every second that they were. :D

Jon's power ballad influx nearly sucked the life out of the crowd at times, but his use of his seminal hits (Raise Your Hands, Shot Through The Heart, Livin' on a Prayer, Bad Medicine, Wanted Dead or Alive) brought the crowd back into it. I got chills when the crowd dug into Dead or Alive and belted the **** out of it. I enjoyed that concert more than the Iron Maiden one I went to last year.

I am also going to Motley Crue next month, but I'm going to the Brandon show with my Dad. I'm passing on KISS because I have no interest in seeing them, and my Dad saw them last year.

But man, those ladies in front of me. ****. :D :D

jeez, I can remember when 35+ was 'grab a granny' / cougar territory, now I'm old enough to be their father :( ..... any discernible difference in the tunes with Phil X replacing Richie Sambora on lead?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Just finished all episodes of Breaking Bad.

I should've done it slower, now I have to wait 3 months to find out what happens.

I did the same thing before season 5 started last year. It'll make it all that sweeter trust me hehe

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006

Just finished all episodes of Breaking Bad.

I should've done it slower, now I have to wait 3 months to find out what happens.

yes, Hank vs Walt :yo: can't wait

Attachments

• hank.jpg
    hank.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 2

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
*sigh*

I have to find the journal that proves that I've gotten vaccinations for a bunch of diseases. That journal seems to have disappeared from this earth. Do you think the Visa people will think it's fine if I just say that I actually had the diseases and got immunity from that?:sarcasm:

Also, it makes me very happy to see that spring hasn't arrived for you either!

GodTukka*

God damn Winter needs to go away, i wanna bust out the bike.

It'll make getting to work (when i find it) easier, probably should have got my license through school offered driver's ed like everyone else by now >_>

Meh, got my beginner's, just don't really have the money to go to driver's ed atm (i'd go the "family can teach me route") but everyone in my family are horrible, horrible drivers...except my dad but unfortunately he's dead

Edit: least i got the ID out of my beginners so i can buy and consume delicious alcohol

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I really hate bureaucracy. "Well, if you call the archives when the moon is full and the striped wolf howles, there is a slight chance that the archivist dwells in the shadows long enough to be able to hear your song of vaccines, and is able to conjure the moon sapphires that will open the Gate of Kerash. Once there, you have to fullfill the prophecy, while keeping an eye on the clock, for you only have 24 minutes to find the papers."

"And also be prepared to stand in line for atleast two full moon cycles."

Last edited:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I really hate bureaucracy. "Well, if you call the archives when the moon is full and the striped wolf howles, there is a slight chance that the archivist dwells in the shadows long enough to be able to hear your song of vaccines, and is able to conjure the moon sapphires that will open the Gate of Kerash. Once there, you have to fullfill the prophecy, while keeping an eye on the clock, for you only have 24 minutes to find the papers."

"And also be prepared to stand in line for atleast two full moon cycles."

:laugh:

The more I read from you, the more I think Sweden and Canada are pretty damn similar.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I would move to Norway or Sweden in a heartbeat.

Hoping to get over there sometime by fall. Land in Germany, dip down into Austria then head Nord only 2 weeks planned total. :cry:

Probably enough time to hit Oslo and the surrounding area for a quick and dirty Viking raid on the Food, Beer, Burial sites and perhaps if I am very lucky catch a show. :yo:

The more I read from you, the more I think Sweden and Canada are pretty damn similar.

Yeah, except we in Canada to not have the quality of life (in general) that they do in Scandinavia...or the quality of beer.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
From the main board. This young boy is pretty upset Ryane Clowe got traded to the Rangers.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah, except we in Canada to not have the quality of life (in general) that they do in Scandinavia...or the quality of beer.
I truly love Canada, and am as much a flag waiving patriot as anybody here, but with that being said, this was quoted for truth. The beer on this side of the ocean just doesn't compare.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Speaking of beers. Has anyone come across shock top Belgian white in Manitoba? I had it at the ski resort at lake Louise last month and it was unbelievably satisfying. I tried Richards white this weekend but it was not near the grade of the latter

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Speaking of beers. Has anyone come across shock top Belgian white in Manitoba? I had it at the ski resort at lake Louise last month and it was unbelievably satisfying. I tried Richards white this weekend but it was not near the grade of the latter

You ski in the Rockies AND value a high quality beer? A man after my own heart! :laugh:

I haven't seen that before, though. No.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
You ski in the Rockies AND value a high quality beer? A man after my own heart! :laugh:

I haven't seen that before, though. No.

Ha. Ya I try to get out skiing out west or in Montana a few times a season. Nothing more relaxing then being on top of a mountain with an option to stop for a few good brews!

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Ok...so funny story.

We just got back home today from a week long trip to Victoria to take my step daughter to see her ******-bag of a father, oddly enough it was cheaper to drive out there and stay in the sandman for a week then it was to fly her and mom out there.

Yesterday, the old lady decides to go into Calgary to do some shopping, the rest of us have no desire to get back into a car, so we stay behind. Mind you, we live forty minutes outside of Calgary. So she takes my bank card, seeing as how she lost hers, and the car keys and away she goes.

She gets into town, and she's feeling a little off and is finding that she is having a lot of difficulty keeping anything, even water down. She calls health links and they tell her to move her butt to the nearest hospital and get checked out. At the very least they'll put her on an IV. So she does this, they do a bunch of tests and what not and get her hooked up a IV...

Then the tests come back and we find out she is Pregnant! SURPRISE!!!! and really all she has is really really bad morning sickness. Either way, they're keeping her until her stomach settles down and what not, she's high risk, we haven't had much luck on kid number three.

However, I'm stuck in a little po-dung town, with no money or vehicle...and since we just got back from a road trip, no real food. Luckily the local food bank was able to help us out.

Of course, a lot of our stuff was in the car still..including my cell phone charger.

So thats been my last two days. Awesome.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
*sigh*

I have to find the journal that proves that I've gotten vaccinations for a bunch of diseases. That journal seems to have disappeared from this earth. Do you think the Visa people will think it's fine if I just say that I actually had the diseases and got immunity from that?:sarcasm:

Also, it makes me very happy to see that spring hasn't arrived for you either!

Whereabouts are you in Sweden, Romang? Our normal High/Low is +8/-3. Today it ws -5/-18 :( We've been 5-20 degrees below normal for over a month. It is super frustrating :rant:

I am taking a roadtrip to Miami in May but even that seems like an eternity away right now.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Whereabouts are you in Sweden, Romang? Our normal High/Low is +8/-3. Today it ws -5/-18 :( We've been 5-20 degrees below normal for over a month. It is super frustrating :rant:

I am taking a roadtrip to Miami in May but even that seems like an eternity away right now.

But but... thats playoff time! :D

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

That is the only reason why I don't want to live in the Peg again. The weather. There's no happy medium...its one extreme or the other lol.

My wife has no interest in experiencing a true prarie winter, she grew up in calgary her whole life...winters are pretty mild, other wise I'd be back in a heart beat.

I miss Winnipeg.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
But but... thats playoff time! :D

Yeah... and at this rate, it's the only way I'll see a game :) Rolling through Chicago, St. Louis and Minneapolis.

Was hoping that the Jets and Lightning would make it somehow so I could see a game in Tampa. Wishful thinking I guess :laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That is the only reason why I don't want to live in the Peg again. The weather. There's no happy medium...its one extreme or the other lol.

My wife has no interest in experiencing a true prarie winter, she grew up in calgary her whole life...winters are pretty mild, other wise I'd be back in a heart beat.

I miss Winnipeg.

I'm tiring of it as well, especially after this past winter. I'm starting to feel the urge to roam and live somewhere different again, but this time I want to go WAY different, like Australia.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Ok...so funny story.

We just got back home today from a week long trip to Victoria to take my step daughter to see her ******-bag of a father, oddly enough it was cheaper to drive out there and stay in the sandman for a week then it was to fly her and mom out there.

Yesterday, the old lady decides to go into Calgary to do some shopping, the rest of us have no desire to get back into a car, so we stay behind. Mind you, we live forty minutes outside of Calgary. So she takes my bank card, seeing as how she lost hers, and the car keys and away she goes.

She gets into town, and she's feeling a little off and is finding that she is having a lot of difficulty keeping anything, even water down. She calls health links and they tell her to move her butt to the nearest hospital and get checked out. At the very least they'll put her on an IV. So she does this, they do a bunch of tests and what not and get her hooked up a IV...

Then the tests come back and we find out she is Pregnant! SURPRISE!!!! and really all she has is really really bad morning sickness. Either way, they're keeping her until her stomach settles down and what not, she's high risk, we haven't had much luck on kid number three.

However, I'm stuck in a little po-dung town, with no money or vehicle...and since we just got back from a road trip, no real food. Luckily the local food bank was able to help us out.

Of course, a lot of our stuff was in the car still..including my cell phone charger.

So thats been my last two days. Awesome.

Holy crap! Glad to hear all is well and hopefully there are no problems! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad