OT: HF Jets lounge: Crestview FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Boy I'd love me some Mario Kart 8 :( I don't know ANYBODY with a Wii U, though :laugh: . My girlfriend is giving me WatchDogs for PS4 today. I guess I can live with that :P

Thanks to everyone who congratulated or will do it :)

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Ah man, if only Wii still had wifi, I would ʷᶦᶰ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸ ʳᵃᶜᵉ have some much fun

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I'll have to buy a few chairs from Ikea first. :laugh: Gonna be a while before we have enough furniture and all that coming from a small 1 bedroom apartment.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Short staffed, constantly getting hours cut with the same amount of staff. Never told anything, etc. Doesn't explain the rude staff but it explains a lot. And you get ignorant customers everywhere. Not just at superstore. If you ever venture down Gateway. Try the gateway superstore. We may actually surprise you. We're still friendly and apologize when the shelf labels are wrong. If the codes match you usually get that product for free. And we have a front end manager and a store manager that are beyond terrible to their employees. And we get paid like ****

Sorry Ladyjet I didn't realize you worked for Superstore. You have my condolences. :)

I've known several people who have worked there over the years and it's definitely not a great workplace. I avoid it wherever I can. And I have gotten wrong priced items for free (when I notice!) but to be honest I would rather have it scan at the right price in the first place rather than stand there for 5 minutes waiting for someone to confirm the price with the department and write up the paperwork to give it to me free.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Welcome to home ownership.:nod:

If you are painting, by quality paint. Enjoy!

Very good advice. Buy good paint: one coat. By cheap paint, and it's not so cheap when you need two coats. Primer is important too, as are good brushes and rollers. Clean 'em well, and get years of use out of them. I used to cheap out on this stuff, and came to the realization that's it's actually NOT cheaper, and makes the job less enjoyable.

Nationals28

Sep 21, 2011
This is a random question but does anyone know where I could find a stream that works in Canada for Motocross I cant find one anywhere. Thanks in advance.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Sorry Ladyjet I didn't realize you worked for Superstore. You have my condolences. :)

I've known several people who have worked there over the years and it's definitely not a great workplace. I avoid it wherever I can. And I have gotten wrong priced items for free (when I notice!) but to be honest I would rather have it scan at the right price in the first place rather than stand there for 5 minutes waiting for someone to confirm the price with the department and write up the paperwork to give it to me free.

It could be worse, I could work at Walmart. Have worked there in the past too. Walmart is definitely worse.

A lot of the shelf labels being wrong is all the staff hours being cut. Don't understand it at all. The Weston's bought Selfridges in the UK for 200 mil pounds in 2011 and Shopper's in the past year for 12 billion and they cut hours at their grocery chains. I'll never understand it because the service suffers and happier customers will always mean happier employees (well usually). Really wish we had gone on strike but once again our union effed us over. I'm just glad I only work on the weekends and will only be working there at the most for another year or so. (until I get back from Europe). I will say that the Regent one is terrible to go shopping in. 1. it's too big. 2. the aisles are incredibly confusing. 3. staff is rude as ****. 4. they have a ruder front end manager then my store does and that's saying something.

Oh and happy birthday GJF!:hbday:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Home inspection went very well so come July 15th we'll be homeowners in Crestview. :)

Congratulations - be prepared for a lot less time devoted to Hockey and other sports entertainment and a lot more time spent on DYI fun!

I'll have to buy a few chairs from Ikea first. :laugh: Gonna be a while before we have enough furniture and all that coming from a small 1 bedroom apartment.

How about some gently used dressers, nightstands and a queen size headboard and metal bed frame? PM me for details if interested.

You should have been out there on free weekend!

We like to call that "Bed Bug Redistribution Weekend"

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Very good advice. Buy good paint: one coat. By cheap paint, and it's not so cheap when you need two coats. Primer is important too, as are good brushes and rollers. Clean 'em well, and get years of use out of them. I used to cheap out on this stuff, and came to the realization that's it's actually NOT cheaper, and makes the job less enjoyable.

Definitely buy quality paint. However, I will offer some contrary advice to the rest of this post.

Buy foam rollers and sponge brushes. Use them for one job then toss in the recycle bin. Take the foam rollers and sponge brushes, put them in a ziplock bag in between coats, and then recycle them when the job is finished. Buy cheap plastic paint trays, wrap with a plastic bag and store in the fridge between coats. No need to clean up after each coat, and a lot less water wasted. Use Zinsser Bullseye primer, which has bleach added to it so nothing leaches through the paint. Do invest in a couple of expensive brushes though; a 1" and a 2" should suffice, and look after them. I clean my good brushes with TSP, and one of them is now over 20 years old.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad