OT: HF Jets lounge: Crestview FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Being a Mustang, it's likely a 1/4 mile drag race.

True. I was talking more about my car, but...

The 2015 Mustang is interesting: fully independent rear suspension instead of a live axle, and completely redesigned chassis/unibody. Might actually be able to turn left and right now. :sarcasm:

Well, you'll be able to turn out of the driveway without the threat of the back end busting loose!

I drove a friend's V8 Mustang, in the winter, without snowtires - it was, shall we say, an interesting ride.

:laugh::laugh:

My car has a lot of suspension and frame stiffening mods. It handles corners very well. I had an 03 before and a 86 Cobra before that and I can tell you it's night and day. The wide stance with the suspension mods and just a general improvement in the vehicles steering and suspension components have made a big difference.

That 86 Cobra was scary as hell. Super fast but you couldn't control it. It bounced all around.

PS I drove my Stang this winter :( I have about 2" of clearance and it wasn't fun

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Wow.

I just realized my favourite hockey team's head coach's nickname is PoMo and my favourite soccer team's head coach's nickname is MoPo (Mauricio Pochettino).

This makes me happier than many would realize.

Life: You really should get one.:D:p:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
:laugh::laugh:

My car has a lot of suspension and frame stiffening mods. It handles corners very well. I had an 03 before and a 86 Cobra before that and I can tell you it's night and day. The wide stance with the suspension mods and just a general improvement in the vehicles steering and suspension components have made a big difference.

That 86 Cobra was scary as hell. Super fast but you couldn't control it. It bounced all around.

PS I drove my Stang this winter :( I have about 2" of clearance and it wasn't fun

I have lots of clearance - and a live axle, plus 115 angry horses under the hood.

2001 Ford Ranger S (US strippo model). Vinyl seat, crank windows, manual locks, 5 speed, A/C was the only option. I drove it back from Phoenix AZ, a journey of 3300 kilometres with no radio or working A/C. Didn't need to add a drop of oil, though, so I considered the trip a success!

It's got a little over 330,000 km's on the odo, and still doesn't burn any oil. I also have no synchro in 2nd and 4th, but meh, you get used to it. I will be attempting to rebuild the tranny next spring, because I'm too cheap to pay somebody to do something I should be able to accomplish by myself with a little help from the internet.

It's nowhere near as nice as Mrs. Monty's 335I, but I only put about 6,000 km's a year on it. I use it as a truck on the weekends, and in fact on Sunday loaded it with three dressers, a headboard, boxspring, bedframe and two night tables to deliver to the young fellow that purchased it all from us.

o5I3JYh.jpg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I have lots of clearance - and a live axle, plus 115 angry horses under the hood.

2001 Ford Ranger S (US strippo model). Vinyl seat, crank windows, manual locks, 5 speed, A/C was the only option. I drove it back from Phoenix AZ, a journey of 3300 kilometres with no radio or working A/C. Didn't need to add a drop of oil, though, so I considered the trip a success!

It's got a little over 330,000 km's on the odo, and still doesn't burn any oil. I also have no synchro in 2nd and 4th, but meh, you get used to it. I will be attempting to rebuild the tranny next spring, because I'm too cheap to pay somebody to do something I should be able to accomplish by myself with a little help from the internet.

It's nowhere near as nice as Mrs. Monty's 335I, but I only put about 6,000 km's a year on it. I use it as a truck on the weekends, and in fact on Sunday loaded it with three dressers, a headboard, boxspring, bedframe and two night tables to deliver to the young fellow that purchased it all from us.

o5I3JYh.jpg

Awwwww cute. He's kinda like my cars awkward cousin :P

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just finished watching Genie Bouchard advance to the semis of the French Open at Roland Garros and man that was a good match. She has the nerves of a champion which is really impressive for a 20 year old. I grew up playing allot of Tennis and always wondered what it would be like having a Canadian "singles" player that was capable of winning a grand slam and I believe I finally saw that today. Might still be early but she is definatley the real deal.

Also congrats to Milos Raonic on a great tournament as well.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Just finished watching Genie Bouchard advance to the semis of the French Open at Roland Garros and man that was a good match. She has the nerves of a champion which is really impressive for a 20 year old. I grew up playing allot of Tennis and always wondered what it would be like having a Canadian "singles" player that was capable of winning a grand slam and I believe I finally saw that today. Might still be early but she is definatley the real deal.

Also congrats to Milos Raonic on a great tournament as well.

The only "singles" you should be watching are farmers daughters...focus son, focus

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Interesting car talk. Jet that beast is a beauty.

Nobody on this board drove worse cars for longer than me :yo:

Gauntlet down!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Gauntlet down!

My first car had doors that wouldn't close when it got below freezing.

Now, remember where I'm from.

Also, the ABS broke before winter came.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
My first vehicle was an 89 GMC Safari.

So weird to me as a German that so many of you drive big cars or even more uncommon to me, had big cars for their first car.

I'd say easily 90% of 18-19 year old in Germany drive something like this as their first car:

Opel-corsa-b-eYiG.jpg

FIAT-Punto-1-9-JTD--2002-2003-.jpg

I had a Opel B Corsa (first picture) until my grandparents gave me their old car when they bought a new one and sold my Corsa by doing it.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So weird to me as a German that so many of you drive big cars or even more uncommon to me, had big cars for their first car.

I'd say easily 90% of 18-19 year old in Germany drive something like this as their first car:

Opel-corsa-b-eYiG.jpg

FIAT-Punto-1-9-JTD--2002-2003-.jpg

I had a Opel B Corsa (first picture) until my grandparents gave me their old car when they bought a new one and sold my Corsa by doing it.

I'm nearly 6'4. There's no way that I would fit into a Eurobox.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Car history of a bugg:

took my drivers test in one of these:
75merc32888-2.jpg

You could house a small family in one of those.

1980 Honda civic - my first car, purchased from my parents
1981_honda_civic-pic-60094.jpeg

1986 Honda CRX - only car I've ever bought new
Honda-Civic_CRX_1986_photo_03.jpg

1989 Honda Accord
lxi88wk2signature2.jpg

Got that one up to 375K

1998 Nissan Altima
1998_nissan_altima_gxe_100324754781214358.jpg

This one got up to 464K

Currently 2006 Nissan Altima
2006_nissan_altima_3_5_se-pic-3778263802413072245.jpeg

I like to drive my cars for a very long time.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

Gauntlet down!

I drove a used 1994 Ford aspire for 4 years..... While it drove like a tricycle I did no maintenance on it... Just top off the oil every 6 months and add gas. Then I "upgraded" to a very well used 97 sunfire. Now that I am rich I can afford my 2002 Santa fe lol.

:D

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
This was my first car.
1985_toyota_tercel-pic-63404.jpeg

I loved that car. It was a beast. Never plugged it in, treated it like crap, but it just kept on going.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I had a 1991 Ford Tempo that my parents gave me around 2005. I used it for a few years and then we sent it to the junk yard when I moved to Winnipeg. That thing was so beat up but 17 year old me was so stoked to have a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino