OT: HF Jets lounge: Crestview FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Crestview - I'm just inside the border, along the creek. I'm guessing you're between Sturgeon and the creek? I'm on the other side of the creek.

Actually we will be on the other (west) side of the creek, I was going by what Google Maps told me haha.

They want to sell quick so we are trying to get financing in place by tomorrow. Kinda hard but we'll see.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Actually we will be on the other (west) side of the creek, I was going by what Google Maps told me haha.

They want to sell quick so we are trying to get financing in place by tomorrow. Kinda hard but we'll see.

Welcome to the 'hood! I'm too am on the west side of the creek. Was it the house on School or the one on Wharton?

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
God it's great to be a Blue Jays fan right now.

Hitting the ball hard and often, getting great starting pitching and defense.

Not to mention Edwin Encarnation.

3rd best winning percentage in baseball so far. Only a quarter of the way through the season but they are beating teams in the AL East which is something they haven't been able to do the past 20 years.

When I say beating, I mean sweeping :) :yo:

Yeah I love watching the games this year (any that I can catch, too much to ask to watch all of them haha). Crappy end to this one but winning 9 out of 10 is okay I guess. :sarcasm:

Welcome to the 'hood! I'm too am on the west side of the creek. Was it the house on School or the one on Wharton?

Nah, neither of those. Not sure I want to get any more specific on here. :laugh:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
:cry::cry: Thanks again to the creator of my avatar, I think it was YWG? Fun Cup ride, reminded me of the 2010 times before the Jets came back.

Ah well, face feels 100 pounds lighter now.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I love thunderstorms, something beautiful about them.

Last year at camp, we had a massive thunderstorm the night before first session ended (the day when a bunch of kids go home, and are replaced by other kids). And it just didn't hit us at all. We didn't even get a drop of rain. It surrounded us completely, and we could sit outside and just watch it.

It was amazing.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Wow, there's quite a few of us Crestview kids on here! (Westwood sucks! South of Portage sucks!)

I've lived in Crestview pretty much my entire life since moving to the 'Peg in '73, and my wife has lived her entire life in Crestview. It's only ever 2 degrees of separation here. My father went to Lion's Club meetings with your dads, or played hockey with them, my mother may have served your parents bevvies on a Transair plane, my father in law probably taught you at Bruce or Lincoln, my mother in law probably groomed your family's dog(s) or I or my wife went to school with your older sibs or parents etcetera etcetera!

Superstore may suck, but it sucks less than Safeway.

I should probably mention that we moved to Westwood when I was about 12 and my parents still live there! :)

That stuff is typical Winnipeg. I just found out that the guy who owns a restaurant I like going to used to live next door to my parents.

Of all the truly craptacular shopping experiences I've ever had a significant portion occured at Superstore. Wrong prices scanning, bad quality, rude and ignorant staff, rude and ignorant customers etc. I've always liked the atmosphere at Safeway but wonder how anyone can afford to buy their groceries there. I find I split most of my grocery shopping now between Sobeys and Costco.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I couldn't enjoy the rain for all the buckets of water it poured in through my roof. Procrastination over. Roofer called for an estimate. ****, I tried to get estimates last year but the two companies I called never came or even called.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I couldn't enjoy the rain for all the buckets of water it poured in through my roof. Procrastination over. Roofer called for an estimate. ****, I tried to get estimates last year but the two companies I called never came or even called.

Adamson Roofing. Friend of mine. Probably can't get you a deal but he's a legit business guy and you won't get hosed.

Tell him you know the guy who did his video voiceover work, might get you... well it won't get you anything :)

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Adamson Roofing. Friend of mine. Probably can't get you a deal but he's a legit business guy and you won't get hosed.

Tell him you know the guy who did his video voiceover work, might get you... well it won't get you anything :)

I didn't know that Brandon qualified as surrounding area.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

Do it yourself. It honestly isn't that hard, but it's nice to have help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad