OT: HF Jets lounge: Crestview FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Boy I'd love me some Mario Kart 8 :( I don't know ANYBODY with a Wii U, though :laugh: . My girlfriend is giving me WatchDogs for PS4 today. I guess I can live with that :P

Thanks to everyone who congratulated or will do it :)

Watchdogs is siiiiiiick :)

I had a real man day! I worked out, picked up things for my Mustang, then spent all day makin him gorgeous!

I also made a great taco salad and hung out with Jillian from Big Brother Canada, but that wasn't manly. I wasn't going to add that. :)

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Definitely buy quality paint. However, I will offer some contrary advice to the rest of this post.

Buy foam rollers and sponge brushes. Use them for one job then toss in the recycle bin. Take the foam rollers and sponge brushes, put them in a ziplock bag in between coats, and then recycle them when the job is finished. Buy cheap plastic paint trays, wrap with a plastic bag and store in the fridge between coats. No need to clean up after each coat, and a lot less water wasted. Use Zinsser Bullseye primer, which has bleach added to it so nothing leaches through the paint. Do invest in a couple of expensive brushes though; a 1" and a 2" should suffice, and look after them. I clean my good brushes with TSP, and one of them is now over 20 years old.

Good Luck!

I use Purdy brushes, angled for cutting in ceilings. Can't go wrong with a Purdy brush.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville

Yes.

And these: http://www.homedepot.ca/product/dynamic-junior-trim-roller-75mm/826726

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/dynamic-mini-enviro-tray-100mm/814467

They're cheap, but good; they will do the job for two or three coats on one room, and then you recycle them (only if you're using latex paint, though). When you're finished a coat of paint, put them in a ziplock sandwich baggie until required for the next coat. They won't have dried out, and won't have needed washing, and the bonus is that they don't need to be reloaded with paint, unlike a washed nap roller.

I've used these 7" foam rollers exclusively for the past decade. Yes, it takes a little bit longer to paint a room, but the paint spreads better with the foam, and you don't need press and push like with a regular nap roller, just let the roller do the work. I'm much happier with the end results with the foam rollers.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Congrats Hammer, I grew up in Crestview...good on ya

Taking a chance here...just coming off 3 bottles of wine an a couple of Scotches with my father-in-law. He is dying, could be 6 weeks, could be 6 months, could be 2 years...nobody knows.

This seems like such a good group of people, it feels like safe to share...I am an old guy, but I have tears streaming down my face as I write this. Apologies if I am bringing anyone down...cheers

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

Taking a chance here...just coming off 3 bottles of wine an a couple of Scotches with my father-in-law. He is dying, could be 6 weeks, could be 6 months, could be 2 years...nobody knows.

This seems like such a good group of people, it feels like safe to share...I am an old guy, but I have tears streaming down my face as I write this. Apologies if I am bringing anyone down...cheers

I hear ya bud. Lost my last grandparent a couple months ago and we knew it was coming from a ways out. Should just be thankful that you know that the time together is short so you can enjoy it that much more.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Condolences sir. Make the most of the time as best you can. I lost parental units in 1999, 2002, 2004, 2008 and it stinks each and every time. Been 15 years since I lost my mother and it hurts still. :(

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Thanks for the thoughts guys...we are making the most of all the time left.

Now onto happier things, did Chevy get us a goaltender while I was drinking wine?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Condolences.....I lost my brother when we were both young and the only silver lining was that we new it was happening and I had time to talk to him about it. Tears are a good thing and part of life. For whatever reason I tear up really easily and I have no issues with it.

Very tough to lose people close to us.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I sometimes consider myself lucky that my mom died in a violent car accident. She went suddenly and without pain, which beats watching her die slowly in a hospital bed. It sucks that I never really got to say goodbye, though. Her last words to me were "You've really matured since you moved out."

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I sometimes consider myself lucky that my mom died in a violent car accident. She went suddenly and without pain, which beats watching her die slowly in a hospital bed. It sucks that I never really got to say goodbye, though. Her last words to me were "You've really matured since you moved out."

Yeah that's the thing with that head on in front of me, they both died instantly. June 14th was the northbound car drivers wedding.

I encourage everyone here to watch some bad accident videos on youtube just so you can appreciate how fast things can go bad. The northbound car had 2.5 seconds. Believe what your eyes are telling you, don't hesitate.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I spent the whole weekend getting my Mustang back up to show quality. I patched the licence plate holes in the front (car looks SO much better without front plate). I retouched the matte black dip on my wheels, removed all the tar and bugs off the car, touched up the paint, and dipped my upper and lower billet grille black.

Lots of work but well worth it :)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Another dinger for Edwin Encarnacion again. Hard to believe the guy was on waivers... maybe Chevy is onto something :laugh:

y2SpJ1i.gif

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I spent the whole weekend getting my Mustang back up to show quality. I patched the licence plate holes in the front (car looks SO much better without front plate). I retouched the matte black dip on my wheels, removed all the tar and bugs off the car, touched up the paint, and dipped my upper and lower billet grille black.

Lots of work but well worth it :)

Love detailing cars. The sparkle at the end is so nice.

Then a bird dumps on it :rant:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Jim Slater ‏@slaterjim 4m

@NHLJets @AnthonyPeluso23 the fans like what the fans like. Hit over goal. Thanks for coming maybe next yr #14

Winnipeg Jets ‏@NHLJets 2m

Getting heated! RT @slaterjim: @AnthonyPeluso23 the fans like what the fans like. Hit over goal. Thanks for coming maybe next yr #14

Anthony Peluso ‏@AnthonyPeluso23 1m

@slaterjim @NHLJets thank the fans for the sympathy vote mr slater #hugehittho #protectionafterwards #frontrowseats

Jim Slater ‏@slaterjim 2m

@AnthonyPeluso23 @NHLJets I still don't even know if yours crossed the line. Way to sell it though

hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad