HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Poll is up. I'd like to see a super majority (2/3) vote yes in order to implement that.

1-for-1 does mean to get cap compliant you're likely going to lose the deal badly.

And since it's asked: Chicago cannot go back and change the Eriksson pick. I said that pick didn't have to be made, but it was anyway.

But it does change the rules very late in the game and as m0pe said, gives the team making the deal with non-cap compliant teams a leg up that could be unfair.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
I absolutely hate voting no here, but it does affect strategies and is a little unfair to those who were cap strapped the whole game and had to manage. I'd also rather not have someone win because they bent over a team over the cap. There would be a large trickle down effect too.

It really sucks, but we can't keep adjusting the rules that were clearly in place from the start.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also I mentioned the 15 minute clock earlier but 30 minutes is fine, we should still finish tonight. I think instead I'll just let the clock run past midnight if necessary to make sure we finish the draft tonight.

@EvilDead is up in 5 minutes

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
So yeah I want a 1 for 1 day for Vegas because man we could reallyyyyyyy capitalize, but Toronto hates it because we've been cap strapped and passed on Roussel to ensure we had a backup with a low enough cap hit. It already annoyed me we adjusted the trading rules after teams made trades the first time, so I had to go no here.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I lost interest in the draft as it went on to be honest don’t care if I’m allowed to trade or not. Would rather move on to the next one where we can select more favourable rules and not change them or kick out tons of GMs midway through.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I lost interest in the draft as it went on to be honest don’t care if I’m allowed to trade or not. Would rather move on to the next one where we can select more favourable rules and not change them or kick out tons of GMs midway through.

We had a thread up for a week to decide on rules and the ones I selected were what I generally pulled from that thread. Doesn't mean they're perfect as the trades need to be much less complex, but it wasn't like I just set the rules entirely on my own.

And only 1 GM (NJ) was removed from the game.

Reactions: Gecklund

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Welp, looks like we're not going to get that extra 1-day trading period, meaning my team is above the cap. Oh well, onto the next one. At least I can still say I've won 100% of the mock drafts that I haven't been disqualified in. :cool:

Thanks to @LatvianTwist for running this, I thought you did a great job and I had lots of fun. Looking forward to doing another one of these with everyone.

And congrats to @Makaveli on making it to the 2nd round. :)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’ll make my pick in a bit
I’m outside right now

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
I was a bad goat. I pmed OB5 my pick list, as well as Nucker and that is why I got banned. OB5 was supposed to be building NJD with what he would select.

Pretty happy with the team even if "I" apparently did "trade" Brodie (7th) + 13, 13 for 10, 11, 16 to downgrade 2 picks. It is what it is.

Pretty happy with my team even with the ^ "trade". Will poll it against the winner, most likely the Kings.

Artemi Panarin - Eric Staal - Mikael Granlund
Max Pacioretty - Paul Stastny - Alex Tuch
Andrew Mangiapane - Gabriel Vilardi - Dustin Brown
Antoine Roussel - Morgan Geekie - Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Shea Theodore - Adam Fox
Adam Pelech - Matt Roy
Haydn Fleury - Justin Schultz

Ilya Samsonov
Aaron Dell

Last edited by a moderator:

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Ngl had to google who vejdemo was. Eric Robinson would've been my guy if Dell was taken instead of Montembeault

Martin Frk if Robinson was taken

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Thanks to LT for this draft and dealing with the shit from a goat. Also thanks to @BeLeafing for helping with the cap and such

:sabres
Drouin-Barzal-Kapanen
Pearson-Dvorak-Brown
Sissons-Patrick-Donskoi
Boyle-Kesler-Clutterbuck

Lindholm-Dumba
Sergachev-Jokiharju
Simek-Bortuzzo

Binnington
Campbell

Good luck scoring against my team.

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Thanks to LT for this draft and dealing with the shit from a goat. Also thanks to @BeLeafing for helping with the cap and such

:sabres
Drouin-Barzal-Kapanen
Pearson-Dvorak-Brown
Sissons-Patrick-Donskoi
Boyle-Kesler-Clutterbuck

Lindholm-Dumba
Sergachev-Jokiharju
Simek-Bortuzzo

Binnington
Campbell

Good luck scoring against my team.

Yeah I apologize for all the drama I caused. Especially to LT he was a great GM.

Your team looks awesome. Surprised it was so low on Panda ranking. Thought it'd be top 3 above my devils for sure

Happy with my team but no way should it be panda ranked #2. Proves spreadsheets are a waste of time. Devils probably wouldn't have made playoffs with some of the 2nd and 3rd lines some of the great GMs here have built

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I was a bad goat. I pmed OB5 my pick list, as well as Nucker and that is why I got banned. OB5 was supposed to be building NJD with what he would select.

Pretty happy with the team even if "I" apparently did "trade" Brodie (7th) + 13, 13 for 10, 11, 16 to downgrade 2 picks. It is what it is.

Pretty happy with my team even with the ^ "trade". Will poll it against the winner, most likely the Kings.

Artemi Panarin - Eric Staal - Mikael Granlund
Max Pacioretty - Paul Stastny - Alex Tuch
Andrew Mangiapane - Gabriel Vilardi - Dustin Brown
Antoine Roussel - Morgan Geekie - Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Shea Theodore - Adam Fox
Adam Pelech - Matt Roy
Haydn Fleury - Justin Schultz

Ilya Samsonov
Aaron Dell

Wingers look fantastic across the board, but I think a lot of teams outclass your centers, especially in the bottom 6 where those are a couple big question marks. Staal and Stastny would've been a phenomenal 1-2 punch even 5 years ago but not quite as much now.

Defense looks good too but it's very young. Despite their strong seasons, I imagine a number of people would like to see more of that before shaping their opinions on those players. It's not really the point of the game but it seems to be how people vote and that's too difficult a thing to change.

Similar story in net. Samsonov is awesome but the question is can he hold up against guys like Helle, Gibson, Bishop, etc.

Would've been interesting. I do wish things had panned out differently but they didn't, unfortunately. There's always the future.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
With 20 votes in, we're at 11-9 (one vote via PM). I think we'll have to go without the extra trade. Sorry CHI/TBL.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Huh?

Aren't the votes in favor though?

I said I'd want 2/3 in favor to make sure. And ideally it would be unanimous, similar to the other trade change (I think 20+ GMs agreed to that).

This one is too split for it to really be fair to all who voted no.

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
Wingers look fantastic across the board, but I think a lot of teams outclass your centers, especially in the bottom 6 where those are a couple big question marks. Staal and Stastny would've been a phenomenal 1-2 punch even 5 years ago but not quite as much now.

Defense looks good too but it's very young. Despite their strong seasons, I imagine a number of people would like to see more of that before shaping their opinions on those players. It's not really the point of the game but it seems to be how people vote and that's too difficult a thing to change.

Similar story in net. Samsonov is awesome but the question is can he hold up against guys like Helle, Gibson, Bishop, etc.

Would've been interesting. I do wish things had panned out differently but they didn't, unfortunately. There's always the future.

Yup for sure. Definitely agree about my netminders, Raanta may have been a better selection but I see Samsonov in the same tier as the next gen (Hart, Shesterkin, Blackwood) whilst being more unproven behind Holtby then Schneider or Elliott. I was biased there. Dell or Miller (taken) would have been my backup to balance age

I do think both Staal and Stastny will be taken even higher if there is another one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad