Jujhar Khaira - Tomas Nosek - Christian Fischer

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Jacob Trouba
Devon Toews - Brandon Montour
Mario Ferraro - Evan Bouchard

Andrei Vasilevsky
Laurent Brossoit

Cap Hit: 68,048,999
Cap Space: 1,951,001

We're done as well. I have to admit, I don't like my team this time around as much as the previous two drafts, but I still think we're a middle-of-the-pack/slightly higher end team. Great goaltending, solid defense, and a capable offense. I definitely would have redrafted my top-6 with hindsight, although I felt I picked up some steals for my 3rd line.

I'm excited for voting, and even moreso for the next game - that one looks great.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

OB5

May 2, 2015
Whoop there it is

:habs
Mike Hoffman-Brayden Point-Mikko Rantanen
Alex Galchenyuk-Nico Hischier-Jordan Eberle
Sean Kuraly-Joe Thornton-Jordan Kyrou
Evan Rodrigues-Sam Steel-Jordan Weal

Jakob Chychrun-Brett Pesce
Marco Scandella-Filip Hronek
Ryan Lindgren-Mark Pysyk

Elvis Merzlikins
Alex Georgiev

Cap hit: $59,473,290

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Buffalo is also quite comfortably over the cap floor, just to clear up any issues relating to that.

Every team is, actually.

The cap ceiling is a different story...

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Well...that was tough. Thanful I didn't have to forfeit from lack of options at the end there lol.

Overall, I'm happy all things considered.

I think my forward group is quite strong actually with only a couple I would have liked to upgrade and just missed out on (Sheary -> Sanford and Frolik -> Sundqvist would have been nice).

Goaltending tandem is very strong as well.

Defense is definitely the weak spot with Edmundson being so high (just missied out on Chara...Chara-Parayko would be a tower of power) and my bottom pair being the scraps I could put together.

I realize this team won't win or likely even go to Round 2 but was a fun challenge and maybe can go for the secondary awards :thumbu:
Don't worry--you'll be losing to the best.

(Please note that I have never won a round.)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Everyone else is either under or should be able to make it under the cap ceiling. A number of ELCs will need to be chosen, though. Some are really close.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I currently have Tampa listed as 1.5M over the cap.
Yeah, I have the same. I don't know what happened. I thought your chart said I was able to spend 1.5 mil per player the rest of the way and I spent comfortably under that.

I'd make a trade but I spent both of them on minor pick swaps. It sucks that I'll be disqualified after all that. :(

Reactions: Makaveli

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Maybe make a rule where, once the draft is over, teams get a chance to make a minor trade to get cap compliant? Just something minor like swapping back-ups or 4th-liners.

That would give me and Tryamkin a chance to get back in this.

Reactions: OB5

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Yeah, I have the same. I don't know what happened. I thought your chart said I was able to spend 1.5 mil per player the rest of the way and I spent comfortably under that.

I'd make a trade but I spent both of them on minor pick swaps. It sucks that I'll be disqualified after all that. :(

RIP the defending champ.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't see a big chance at a repeat here for you. Still a damn shame. Hopefully you will be back and more careful next draft.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Do we still get the one-day trading period? It would allow all the teams who were DQ'd to get back to cap restrictions. Connor and Tryamkin could swing deals with people like me to get under cap.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I was thinking about adding one extra trade per team for the one-day trading period. Maybe for teams with two trades already just a 1-for-1 deal.

Would anyone be opposed? Panda is right that this would give Tampa and Chicago a chance to be cap compliant.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Ooof. Always good to double check your cap situation. I don't feel like anyone should really get an exception for the cap. It's there for a purpose. The only reason I gave LT an exception last game was because it was a restriction team with mostly ELC players and was within 100k. I feel like that's different.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Do we still get the one-day trading period? It would allow all the teams who were DQ'd to get back to cap restrictions. Connor and Tryamkin could swing deals with people like me to get under cap.
I was thinking about adding an extra trade per team for the one-day trading period.

Would anyone be opposed? Panda is right that this would give Tampa and Chicago a chance to be cap compliant.
:crossfing

Reactions: Tryamkin

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Ooof. Always good to double check your cap situation. I don't feel like anyone should really get an exception for the cap. It's there for a purpose. The only reason I gave LT an exception last game was because it was a restriction team with mostly ELC players and was within 100k. I feel like that's different.
It does mean that they get to be totally screwed over in a deal to become cap compliant.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
What difference would an extra trade make though? I used my two trades on minor pick swaps and if I get an extra trade it would probably just be to swap back-ups with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad