HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
i've kept quiet on this forever, but if you pay for a $15 ticket on stubhub and snake your way down to a seat in a row with people who paid over $100 a pop, seriously **** off with that. it's actual theft.
Cry me a river. I've literally spent tens of thousands of dollars on the New Jersey Devils in the last ~15 years. So yeah, section 21 was delightful last night except for the result. Sorry you don't take advantage of the system they have in place. They sure as hell dont feel guilty about charging you $6 for a fountain soda.

Reactions: johnny pierogi

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Cry me a river. I've literally spent tens of thousands of dollars on the New Jersey Devils in the last ~15 years. So yeah, section 21 was delightful last night except for the result. Sorry you don't take advantage of the system they have in place. They sure as hell dont feel guilty about charging you $6 for a fountain soda.

:laugh: ok this is incredibly unproductive.

you think i was ethically opposed to sitting downstairs when handed free clubs by my rep? no, because it was sanctioned. wanna see my spreadsheet recording every game i've been to? including the ones i would spend literally all my money on from working odd jobs when i was still like 16 years old?

let's not turn this into a manhood-measuring contest.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
so wait, why then? :laugh:

your point (A) is like "uh, yeah, ok. duh?"
your point (B) is actually false if we're just looking at stubhub. all $28 tickets with fees in the defend twice balcony are in a higher row than mine.
your point (C) i already addressed.
A) you keep comparing your sth price to the secondary market, it's a logical fallacy for the average fan B) I already mentioned tick pick in this thread on this page C) as did I

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
A) you keep comparing your sth price to the secondary market, it's a logical fallacy for the average fan

so f***ing true.

however, i would like you to point out where i explicitly said "oh, this is why everyone should get season tickets if you want cheap seats!"

that's ridiculous. you know it, i know it, that's why i never said that.

now, if you were buying 25-30 games a season all off the secondary market (like i was as a teenager), then for that person i would *recommend* *considering* season tickets, especially considering you'd basically be paying a very similar total cost by the end of year and all that money is going to the devils, nhl, ticketmaster, and prudential center, and not stubhub taking a quick $10. oh, and playoff priority is nice. i couldn't imagine buying 30 games off the secondary market over the course of a season and then have zero leverage in getting at-cost playoff tickets. that's like burning money if you're a *hardcore* fan who relies on the secondary market.

oh and ok, someone will have better seats than me for less money tomorrow, i'll go cry a river about it i guess.

anyway, that's all my argument was.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I have full seasons in the fourth row of the defend twice balcony.

The seats available in row 5 on StubHub are *more* expensive than the price for this game on my invoice once you add in StubHub fees.

There are $28 to $35 seats in the balcony, I think it's a bit illogical to get hung up on specific "row number" unless it's dramatic, like 10 rows off. Also, there are similarly priced UL Center tickets, which is a far better seat than defend twice balcony.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllll.jpg

A) most fans don't want season tickets B) I can sit in your section, row 2 for $28 flat tomorrow C) I can get in the arena (section 231 row 7) and just walk down to the lower bowl unobstructed for $13.29

Alternatively, all THIS.

It seems New Jersey is really doing mental gymnastics to justify the cost he paid for ST.

This would probably not be a great time to mention the Devils have papered these last 3 home games, and that I will thus be attending tomorrow (in the Lower Bowl) for $0.00.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
tfw when you have a coat to donate and you're gonna get a pair of lower-level freebies for a game that you can have your season tickets bought back on...

Great point.

I'm bringing a lightly used ski coat tomorrow, so in addition to my free lower-level tickets I'm going to get more free lower-level tickets.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
all of this is "mental gymnastics" when we consider that the true cost of attending games is different for every single fan. ;)

how are you getting there? are you parking a car? are you eating before/during? are you going with a family member who will help cover costs? etc., etc., etc.

to that point, i lol when people talk about cheap tickets then proceed to go buy a minimum of two tallboys of labatt inside. :laugh:

it's all relative.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
so ****ing true.

however, i would like you to point out where i explicitly said "oh, this is why everyone should get season tickets if you want cheap seats!"

that's ridiculous. you know it, i know it, that's why i never said that.

now, if you were buying 25-30 games a season all off the secondary market (like i was as a teenager), then for that person i would *recommend* *considering* season tickets, especially considering you'd basically be paying a very similar total cost by the end of year and all that money is going to the devils, nhl, ticketmaster, and prudential center, and not stubhub taking a quick $10. oh, and playoff priority is nice. i couldn't imagine buying 30 games off the secondary market over the course of a season and then have zero leverage in getting at-cost playoff tickets. that's like burning money if you're a *hardcore* fan who relies on the secondary market.

that's all my argument was.
Now you're just being obtuse. You most definitely were justifying your sth price and slagging the secondary market.

Listen man, I'm grateful people like you exist. I was there once and it was nice. But the team flatlining coinciding with it feeling more like an obligation than an event changed my status. So yeah, I take advantage of the freebies and lax security at the games now. Not always, but when it's glaringly empty in a section and I'm not with others, sure. If it bothers you that much go the dollar hot dog route and get management to fix it. Don't hate the player...

No one is buying 30 games a year and not getting season tickets, c'mon now.

And quit trying to make StubHub out to be some evil entity while justifying the devils and ticketmaster's complicity in this racket. That's quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've read here.

Leverage in buying playoff tickets is certainly cool, but when they don't sell as many as they'd like - which is an inevitability with this franchise - they will open it up to others.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
There are $28 to $35 seats in the balcony, I think it's a bit illogical to get hung up on specific "row number" unless it's dramatic, like 10 rows off. Also, there are similarly priced UL Center tickets, which is a far better seat than defend twice balcony.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllll.jpg

Alternatively, all THIS.

It seems New Jersey is really doing mental gymnastics to justify the cost he paid for ST.

This would probably not be a great time to mention the Devils have papered these last 3 home games, and that I will thus be attending tomorrow (in the Lower Bowl) for $0.00.
Yup.

They gave me lower bowl tickets for the Colorado game and I spent $14 to get in last night and brought 2 coats. So that will be $14 on 4 games for me.

Again, don't hate the player...

Reactions: BenedictGomez

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
No one is buying 30 games a year and not getting season tickets, c'mon now.

And quit trying to make StubHub out to be some evil entity while justifying the devils and ticketmaster's complicity in this racket. That's quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've read here.

Leverage in buying playoff tickets is certainly cool, but when they don't sell as many as they'd like - which is an inevitability with this franchise - they will open it up to others.

I did it once. I was 19 years old and by the end of the season I was like "how the f*** did I get to 26 games this year?" that $25 at a time adds up and saps your summer job savings quick. Granted, some of those were freebies, but I knew I still wanted to go to at least that many games, so that's what went in my decision to treat myself to season tickets after college graduation instead of a hot car.

And hey man, I was still forcing myself to go to those games when they sucked and I didn't have seasons. :laugh:

And I use StubHub, I literally just bought a ticket to the Barclays game next weekend, they're not evil, but they're a business. They make money off facilitating ticket transactions. That's what they do, and if I have the option to cut out an additional party in the chain and just deal with the team I root for and evil TicketMaster, that's an improvement.

Last edited:

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Now you're just being obtuse. You most definitely were justifying your sth price and slagging the secondary market.

If I was then I wasn't clear...

The secondary market is a phenomenal place for casuals to get in at approximate STH prices. Sometimes it's cheaper, sure, but I just don't agree with the notion that you can get into literally *ANY* Devils game for less than STH face. We all know that if the team is playing good hockey in March and is in the top three, you won't be getting $50 seats for $20.

(But then again we just lost three straight games in October and I'm an idiot and the season's going to shit. :sarcasm:)

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
If I was then I wasn't clear...

The secondary market is a phenomenal place for casuals to get in at approximate STH prices. Sometimes it's cheaper, sure, but I just don't agree with the notion that you can get into literally *ANY* Devils game for less than STH face. We all know that if the team is playing good hockey in March and is in the top three, you won't be getting $50 seats for $20.
Definitely not any, but most. The ones you can't get into for cheap the sth play a fair roll in by selling off the rags and flyers games to recoup some of their expenditures. And a guy like me has no interest in going to those games anymore anyway unless it's the playoffs.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Definitely not any, but most. The ones you can't get into for cheap the sth play a fair roll in by selling off the rags and flyers games to recoup some of their expenditures. And a guy like me has no interest in going to those games anymore anyway unless it's the playoffs.

Here's how I see it: On any given night, there are both people who pay a *LOT* more than I do in the building (boy would it be awesome to just be a retired executive with club seasons or what?), and people who get in for free.

No one hates the game here, dude.

(Would this be a good time to mention I actually sold last night's tickets for profit? If it were Preds fans, more power to them.)

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Now that I'm getting a steady home here in NJ and not apartment living, I'd love to set aside the funds to invest in STs next year. I'll have to consult with my fellow members here on whether it's worth it or not.

Maybe just get into a 12-16 game plan since that's the amount I tend to go to these days.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Not. And especially not as a new home owner.

:laugh: Depends on what my wife and I are able to save. Wasn't sure how long NJ was going to still be in the plans, she's a native New Englander, but we'll be here at least for a little while longer.

Truthfully, I monitor StubHub for games I'm interested in and just grab what I can in the 100s. It works for me on my budget and still gets me to as many games as I want without having to commit to dates. Probably for the best I stay with that plan.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Now that I'm getting a steady home here in NJ and not apartment living, I'd love to set aside the funds to invest in STs next year. I'll have to consult with my fellow members here on whether it's worth it or not.

Maybe just get into a 12-16 game plan since that's the amount I tend to go to these days.

get a partial plan if you don't intend on going to *at least* 25 games. (edit: njdevs26 has a good point a couple posts below.)

whether or not it's "worth it" to you is relative to how much you WANT them. if you can afford all your bills, save some money, and then have season tickets, f*** it, that's all that matters. do it up man and enjoy.

/$0.02

Last edited:
Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
"value," while not composed entirely of such, is relative to variables such as one's own unique financial situation and world view, just sayin'.

example:

would you rather drive a BMW?
or would you rather drive an econobox *and* have season tickets?

another example:

i give new jersey an extra $25 a year for my car registration just so my license plates can have a devils logo. that $25 could absolutely get me into a devils game, but having that devils logo on my plate, while serving absolutely zero function outside of pissing off an nyr-fan road rager or cop, makes the little kid in me happy as a motherf***er while puttering around north jersey in my subaru.

value is very relative.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Conte

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not to open another can of worms while things are a little tense here but the Devils partial plans really aren't all that much better than gameday pricing these days. Really you should probably either get season tickets or go through StubHub for single-games.

DD's right, there's too much made of the cost benefit here, if you want to go to certain games and playoff games you probably wind up paying as much or more for StubHub as you will for season tickets in the end depending on section and where you actually want to sit. Now if you only want to go to the cheapest, lesser desirable games or don't care where you sit then sure you'll make out better financially on StubHub.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
keep your pimp hand strong and your strong hand pimp.

full disclosure: i sold these in september because i saw nashville on the schedule and was like "lol no."

nashville now has four straight wins in newark.

Yeah that's generally the time to sell the undesirable games (including preseason where I made a bundle selling it superearly), since for some reason August-September buyers don't realize prices will drop in another month lol...but I didn't exactly make out having to sell the Thursday games a couple weeks ago fwiw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad