HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
yeah, football at the meadowlands tn, i hope every devils/giants fan who chose to watch/follow the football game feels like an ******* :laugh:

I mean it's hilarious and an easy gotcha moment but it really is apples to oranges with it being 1/16 football and 1/82 in hockey, plus that game basically ended the Giants' season so it was more of a dire situation.

Sunday's gonna be annoying for the Jet/Devil fans...two straight home games against the local NFL :rant: And I probably will do the same thing - watch the Jets over the Devils. And it'll likely have the same result with the Jets losing and the Devils winning (honestly the other way around is slightly more likely but it is the Jets, and the Devils look awesome right now) :sarcasm:

Reactions: dbv

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Exactly. The biggest issue is too much supply. The one poster talked about how his STs became an obligation. You burn through people with so many games. Of course football wins out.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
last night was announced a sellout btw, not surprising. sure, it had dolan dust and was late-arriving, but can we stop being so anal over that when the 15k+ that actually showed up were among the best our fan base has to offer?

the crowd picked up where we left in the playoffs. it was loud. whole-arena lgd chant during a break in play with the dj abstaining was sick. palmieri hype god to the fans. i am satisfy.

also, if there is any benefit to the nosebleeds being priced stupidly, and i'm not trying to really make a claim here, i wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that it's the opposite from when the rock opened and the ownership and sales staff are doing a good job keeping most of the empty seats as far away from the rink as possible. that has a HUGE positive impact on the atmosphere when all the empties are up in the 200 and the lower bowl and mezz are largely packed.

Last edited:

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Crowd last night was good. Hopefully people turn out on Sunday

ideally a lot of our fans who didn't want to deal with a weeknight will get to their first game. i feel like a sunday matinee vs the sharks has been a good draw for us before since moving to newark.

it will be a fine turnout. the on-ice product is worth heading out to newark again.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Exactly. The biggest issue is too much supply. The one poster talked about how his STs became an obligation. You burn through people with so many games. Of course football wins out.

No problem here. Haven't watched the NFL in 2+ years, only watch baseball during the playoffs and the NBA sucks.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i solve this with an order of succession on what team to watch:

devils
liverpool (although a conflict with the devils is *extremely* rare)
yankees
packers

obviously there's exceptions for yankees/packers playoffs over devils regular season.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm a Jets fan and I'll happily be watching the Devils instead on Sunday.

I'm trying to swing getting tickets but think a family event will prevent it. Should be back at the Rock Tuesday, though, and can't wait. :)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Sure there will be some Devils fans that will be at the Jets game, it's not like the Jets are a wildly popular franchise in our area, but their game will put a little dent into our overall attendance.
So will a NFL Sunday in general, since lots of people go to bars or gather with friends for the afternoon and drink and eat (and wager).

Usually, USA-based NHL teams do not schedule 1pm Sunday home games in order to avoid the conflict with a NFL Sunday.

The Devils should have included a promotional item for this game, they now have the player red carpet due to the rain yesterday, and that should bump up actual attendance a little.

Group Sales deserves a F for tomorrow, I know it's early in the season but they needed to work harder/smarter and booked a few groups in the UL corner sections.

You can reserve basically a few entire sections right now (132, 133, 214,215, 209, 226)
Tickets | New Jersey Devils vs. San Jose Sharks - Newark, NJ at Ticketmaster

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
i dunno why the devils don't try to get youth groups up in those corner sections, like the summer camp kids that all wear matching t-shirts in the outfield grandstands at yankee stadium.

They do book youth hockey teams for "Mites on Ice" now and then, but, not often enough IMO.

There are no longer youth day camps in session in October so that is not an option, but, Group Sales obviously is whiffing on booking groups for the UL corners the past few seasons.

If you can't book a few large groups for a Sunday afternoon tilt when the schedule was released many months ago, you're either not trying or are bad at your job.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Crowd last night was good. Hopefully people turn out on Sunday

Just checked the event summary and the team announced a sell out. While it was certainly not a true sell out, it did fill in well downstairs after the start and frankly I like that management does this at times for PR. I’m actually shocked the Rangers and Philly aren’t trying to do this.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Just checked the event summary and the team announced a sell out. While it was certainly not a true sell out, it did fill in well downstairs after the start and frankly I like that management does this at times for PR. I’m actually shocked the Rangers and Philly aren’t trying to do this.

do what? they send people from the upper levels to the lower bowl"?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
No problem here. Haven't watched the NFL in 2+ years, only watch baseball during the playoffs and the NBA sucks.
I actually haven't watched football since the Giants changed their helmets back to say "NY". I found it insulting... I mean, there was a reason they changed it to say "Giants" when they originally moved to the meadowlands. Since then, I literally haven't watched a any football game other than a few glimpses here and there, even the superbowls.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
last night was announced a sellout btw, not surprising. sure, it had dolan dust and was late-arriving, but can we stop being so anal over that when the 15k+ that actually showed up were among the best our fan base has to offer?

Seriously?!?!?

That's not Dolan magic, that's Lord Voldermort getting possession of the Elder Wand magic.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
do what? they send people from the upper levels to the lower bowl"?

Yes I was moved from the upper bowl to section 13 and a few other people as well

It was the great migration from section 226 to section 13 during the first intermission!!

I would politely decline a move to either end of the ice, lower bowl or not. We're in 130 on the aisle right next to 129 and the vantage point is excellent to be honest. Now, if they wanted to put us in 20, around row 14, I'm all in. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I would politely decline a move to either end of the ice, lower bowl or not. We're in 130 on the aisle right next to 129 and the vantage point is excellent to be honest. Now, if they wanted to put us in 20, around row 14, I'm all in. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Low rows of 127 to 130 are some of the best seats in the house IMO.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I actually haven't watched football since the Giants changed their helmets back to say "NY". I found it insulting... I mean, there was a reason they changed it to say "Giants" when they originally moved to the meadowlands. Since then, I literally haven't watched a any football game other than a few glimpses here and there, even the superbowls.
The reverse Ed Koch?

I always found both sides of the argument to be odd. If anything NYC had more to be pissed about with them losing the revenue but the team still flying the flag.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Anyone looking for (or know anyone looking for):

-- 2 tickets to the game on 10/16; can't attend due to a funeral
-- 1 or 2 tickets to the game on 10/18 (I would go if I only get rid of one, but if someone wants two, that's fine)

Price is set by you ... in the form of a donation (amount of your choosing) to my son's dance marathon fundraising page (to support UF Shands Hospital/the Children's Miracle Network

https://events.dancemarathon.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=471685

Tickets can be sent via e-mail (or, if you take only 1 for the 18th, we can also meet up outside the arena)

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
They most certainly are not.

$84.95 for LAST ROW of UPPER CORNER.

The bleeders. The worst seats in the house. For a weekday game in October.

The Devils have NOBODY but themselves to blame for tonight's disaster.

Robbery.jpg

Yet under $30 for the secondary market and still not sell out. Almost every fan I have encountered knows about the secondary market, so no excuse.

You are literally looking for any reason to go after Devils management again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad