HF Devils Official ‘18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Seriously?!?!?

That's not Dolan magic, that's Lord Voldermort getting possession of the Elder Wand magic.

lol Devils have been fudging attendance number since as long as I can remember going to games (over 25 years now). Your hyperbole towards this is to again attack current ownership/management as if it is something new is laughable.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Sure there will be some Devils fans that will be at the Jets game, it's not like the Jets are a wildly popular franchise in our area, but their game will put a little dent into our overall attendance.
So will a NFL Sunday in general, since lots of people go to bars or gather with friends for the afternoon and drink and eat (and wager).

Usually, USA-based NHL teams do not schedule 1pm Sunday home games in order to avoid the conflict with a NFL Sunday.

The Devils should have included a promotional item for this game, they now have the player red carpet due to the rain yesterday, and that should bump up actual attendance a little.

Group Sales deserves a F for tomorrow, I know it's early in the season but they needed to work harder/smarter and booked a few groups in the UL corner sections.

You can reserve basically a few entire sections right now (132, 133, 214,215, 209, 226)
Tickets | New Jersey Devils vs. San Jose Sharks - Newark, NJ at Ticketmaster

They did. It was those thundersticks.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Or they already had tickets, or they're giants season ticket holders, or eagles fans who live in jersey want to see said stomping by a powerhouse 2-3 team, or they just like football more than hockey if they like hockey at all.

I also qualified the bolded part, so awesome confirmation bias on your part.

And yes, it's been 38 years since the team moved to Jersey. But the first decade+ was pretty much a wash between the team being generally unwatchable, the isles dynasty, the rags cup, and philthy and the rags having had a head start in the area of 15 and 56 years respectively. You would have to be born in ~1990 or later to be a part of the first generation of devils fans to have not only seen success, but also a team with an actual history and footprint in the region. Which also just so happens to coincide with the age of people who are experiencing financial stability and expendable income for the first time in their lives, or are at least (hopefully) near that point. The next decade or so will tell the truth and I remain optimistic about the situation.

I hope that is the case, but quite frankly I have been hearing that same line for the past 10 years and it still hasn't happened.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I'm not as in the loop as I used to be - are there any updates on additions to the "ring of honor"?
It'll be a long time before we see any other numbers retired, might as well start honoring those that won't get their number raised.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I hope that is the case, but quite frankly I have been hearing that same line for the past 10 years and it still hasn't happened.
I'm not sure anyone ever said it would happen within a decade. I could be wrong, especially given jvb's tendency towards the hyperbolic, I just don't recall it.

If the franchise has plateaued and we're having this conversation in 2028 I still don't think I'll be worried, more dissappointed.

You can't deny that we're a long ways past the relocation talk days.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
any STH having issues posting tickets for sale via ticketexchange? i'm trying to edit a listing and all i get is a message saying my tickets weren't posted for sale. makes no sense.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
any STH having issues posting tickets for sale via ticketexchange? i'm trying to edit a listing and all i get is a message saying my tickets weren't posted for sale. makes no sense.

I was just posting my tickets and went through a bit of a run around because the whole site was lagging. But I checked on ticketmaster and my seats are listed for sale, so I'm assume it's OK for now.

I'll check back to see if I can edit in a bit, I don't have the patience to deal with the lagging all over again.

Edit: All looks ok to me now, my tickets posted and I can edit.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Anyone have a fevo code they're not going to use?

I got one by email today and screwed it up, and there's literally no way to cancel & undo the stupid thing, so I cant use the code and could use a code for tomorrow if anyone has one.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Yet under $30 for the secondary market and still not sell out. Almost every fan I have encountered knows about the secondary market, so no excuse.

You are literally looking for any reason to go after Devils management again.

It's almost as if that should tell you something about the primary price point.

Like, maybe, upper level bleeders will sell briskly at $30, but not sell at all at $85. Hmmm.....

Reactions: sabremike

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Would anyone here be able to list the season ticket holder pins we’ve received in recent years? I had been storing them in a bag and I either misplaced it or accidentally threw it out :(

This is what I can recall:
2018: Devils logo
2017: 35th Anniversary logo
2016: “Jersey” in script

I also know there’s a square one with red state of NJ and the Devils logo white.

What others have we received?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I didn't check out any of the fan fest stuff but I walked on market and checked out all the joker movie stuff, really cool how much they changed things and how many props are out too. Watched them film a scene with a guy dressed up like a clown chase a bunch of people down the street. Not sure if that was actually Phoenix playing the joker or not. They were driving cars up and down the street during it too. Pretty cool. I wish I had known they were looking for extras, would have signed up for the hell of it lol

Reactions: mtnet

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Was at the game today. For a 1 oclock football Sunday game I don't think we can complain about the crowd. It helps that the Giants weren't playing but still has to be better than past years this early in the season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Was at the game today. For a 1 oclock football Sunday game I don't think we can complain about the crowd. It helps that the Giants weren't playing but still has to be better than past years this early in the season.

Well clearly there are more Jet/Devil fans than Giant/Devil ones judging by the crowds Thursday and Sunday :sarcasm:

Reactions: johnny pierogi

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
On yesterday's broadcast, it was announced that all fans receive a Devils Magnetic Schedule on Tuesday vs Dallas.

Not the first 9k, like they did last season.

Reactions: NJDevs26

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

because i dont think that many "young people" have actual legit money. i know i fall into this group of the market that the devils were banking on bringing my family to games. 36 with 2 young kids maybe a little too young to bring but i can't afford it even at $30 on the secondary market like was mentioned. besides the weekend 1pm games are brutal i could've told you that game was going to be a dud yesterday attendance wise. I was out with the family doing pumpkin picking and i'm sure a lot of others were doing other fall activities. hockey just isn't up there until the middle of winter sets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->