Hey Wings Beat Reporters, I Know You Read This Forum

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Grow a spine, reporters.
Ask some questions.

Coach, what's up with Niklas Kronwall. He's on the ice for 68 percent of goals against? Is Kronwall struggling? Are the forwards not helping? Is this just adjusting to a new role?

HOW MUCH LONGER CAN YOU WAIT FOR HIM TO GET BETTER BEFORE MAKING A CHANGE?

Coach, what do you see in Lashoff? He's out there for an enormous amount of goals and for some reason, the team can't score when he's on the ice, either.
Why is he playing over Kindl?

WHY IS HE PLAYING AT ALL?

Hey coach, the kid Tatar looks good and is getting chances with real good frequency.

WHY IS HE ON LINE FOUR WHILE ABDELKADER SKATES WITH DATSYUK?

:laugh: (I mean this is great.)

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
You said it was an easy gig being a coach in Detroit. So sue me for thinking of the most popular sport in the US first. :laugh:

OK Bench. That conga line of coaches was more about strict accountability and high standards than the abject incompetence of arguably the worst executive and evaluator of talent in the history of the National Football League.

Whatever.

Guess I should have included GMs in my original post.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
"Mike, why did you decide to give Quincey's power play minutes to Lashoff instead of Big Rig?"

"Mike, what goes through your mind when you see Cleary take a Datsyuk dish and then proceed to immediately fall down or throw a soft backhander at the net?"

Questions, people. Questions.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
"Mike, why did you decide to give Quincey's power play minutes to Lashoff instead of Big Rig?"

"Mike, what goes through your mind when you see Cleary take a Datsyuk dish and then proceed to immediately fall down or throw a soft backhander at the net?"

"Mike, are you single-handedly trying to make Datsyuk leave?"

RedWingsNow*

Hey coach, you called out Kindl and Flip for their mistakes the other game. I don't hear you calling out your captain or your golden Swiss Miss. Do you have different standards for different players?

RedWingsNow*

Hey coach, you benched Kindl for being in the wrong spot on the Flip/Kronwall debacle, what did you think of Lashoff's positioning on Brunner's giveaway?

RedWingsNow*

Haha.
I was wondering about Lashoff on the PP.
What the hell is he doing?

Any chance Babcock has a big highprofile GM job lined up somewhere and he's trying to get fired?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Well 97.1 is terrible Radio and it's on FM which doesn't cater to the diehards like AM used to. If you wanted to hear people rip the Wings you needed to listen to Stoneyu and Wojo back in the day or Sean Baligian back in the early 2000's. FM only cares about ratings, not quality radio. It's like ESPN how they'd rather show Poker over quality television b/c it gets ratings.

Hosts have to present the topic for them to be ripped, the 97.1 crew knows nothing about hockey or the Wings so there's no opportunity to rip them.

I don't agree with this really.

Stoney and Bill talk Wings hockey a lot.
Valenti and Foster talk Tigers and Lions because that's who calls in. When they talk Wings Valenti just rips the team until they change subjects.
Wojo doesn't talk much hockey because he is normally too busy acting weird on the radio with hi co-host.
Caputo talks hockey a lot. They even bring Ken Kal for a Hockeytown segment a lot.

The Wings don't get the majority of time, but they still get talked about.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Haha.
I was wondering about Lashoff on the PP.
What the hell is he doing?

Any chance Babcock has a big highprofile GM job lined up somewhere and he's trying to get fired?

That across-the-blueline pass he attempted to make that he literally sent off-sides and caused the entire unit to come out was just downright awful. He had no business being out there over Ericsson. None.

RedWingsNow*

I don't agree with this really.

Stoney and Bill talk Wings hockey a lot.
Valenti and Foster talk Tigers and Lions because that's who calls in. When they talk Wings Valenti just rips the team until they change subjects.
Wojo doesn't talk much hockey because he is normally too busy acting weird on the radio with hi co-host.
Caputo talks hockey a lot. They even bring Ken Kal for a Hockeytown segment a lot.

The Wings don't get the majority of time, but they still get talked about.

But not in depth.
It's always a very superficial discussion. Though I never listen to Stoney and Bill.
Valenti couldn't name more than 7 or 8 Red Wings, but he could probably go through the entire Lions roster in 60 seconds and Tigers roster in 30 seconds.
Caputo is a bit of a hockey guy, but his knowledge doesn't go very deep and Kal is a company man who knows where his bread is buttered. He's doing PR.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That across-the-blueline pass he attempted to make that he literally sent off-sides and caused the entire unit to come out was just downright awful. He had no business being out there over Ericsson. None.

Either Abby or Cleary, I get the two turds mixed up, gave him a really crappy pass right before that which threw him off. At least I think I remember that.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
But not in depth.
It's always a very superficial discussion. Though I never listen to Stoney and Bill.
Valenti couldn't name more than 7 or 8 Red Wings, but he could probably go through the entire Lions roster in 60 seconds and Tigers roster in 30 seconds.
Caputo is a bit of a hockey guy, but his knowledge doesn't go very deep and Kal is a company man who knows where his bread is buttered. He's doing PR.

I suppose. Stoney and Bill do tend to get in depth with the Wings and what they are doing. At least compared to the rest of the radio guys. They actually ask legitimate questions about the Wings.

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
I was actually going to start a similar thread, but you beat me to it. Ah well.

But anyway... this team is about as close to unwatchable as I've seen in my lifetime, and injuries or no injuries, a tremendous amount of that falls on Babcock and his decision making. This is some of the absolute worst, most uncharismatic, "I don't a **** how we do in the end" coaching I've ever seen. Nothing but absolute stubbornness and favoritism all around; Cleary and Abdelkader flanking Datsyuk, reasonably productive players like Tatar and Tootoo getting nothing beyond garbage minutes, Kindl riding the pine in favor of what should be an AHL lifer (Lashoff)... this is just ridiculous. Just absolutely ridiculous.

At what point does a change need to be considered? Can I honestly ask that question around here, or are we just going to continue using injuries as the be end, end all explanation for looking this bad? Because, you know, the Samuelesson's and Colaiacovo's of the world... yeah, those are some real game changers we're missing right there. How could we possibly live without them? :shakehead

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Coach, what doi you see in Lashoff? He's out there for an enormous amount of goals and for some reason, the team can't score when he's on the ice, either.
Why is he playing over Kindl?

WHY IS HE PLAYING AT ALL?

I feel like I'm going to turn into the Lashoff cheerleader much like I was with Hudler.

The team can't score when he's on the ice? Okay, you make this thread after the game where he has a primary assist and is a +1?

:facepalm: I wish I could make that icon bigger, but I just can't.

Lashoff is a solid, stay-at-home -- wait for it, because this is the important part -- 22-YEAR OLD ****ING ROOKIE DEFENSEMAN BEING TOSSED INTO A TOP-PAIRING ROLE.

Why is he on the ice over Kindl? WHY THE **** DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP COMPARING OFFENSIVE DEFENSEMEN TO DEFENSIVE DEFENSEMEN?

He's playing because YOU'RE NOT THE GODDAMNED COACH OR GM, AND IT'S A GOOD ****ING THING TOO.

**** me, you guys are getting ridiculous. I didn't get to have nearly enough beer before, during, and after this game before I came to read this drivel.

Go be a "fan" of another team and stop clogging up these boards with your constant moaning and groaning about how ****** and worthless every player you don't like is, and how you'd be a much better GM/Coach/Beat writer than everyone else not named A Good Flying Bird, Tin Can Communications, Captain Bob, or A Fading Captain.

Last edited:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I feel like I'm going to turn into the Lashoff cheerleader much like I was with Hudler.

The team can't score when he's on the ice? Okay, you make this thread after the game where he has a primary assist and is a +1?

Lashoff is a solid, stay-at-home -- wait for it, because this is the important part -- 22-YEAR OLD ****ING ROOKIE DEFENSEMAN BEING TOSSED INTO A TOP-PAIRING ROLE.

Why is he on the ice over Kindl? WHY THE **** DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP COMPARING OFFENSIVE DEFENSEMEN TO DEFENSIVE DEFENSEMEN?

He's playing because YOU'RE NOT THE GODDAMNED COACH OR GM, AND IT'S A GOOD ****ING THING TOO.

**** me, you guys are getting ridiculous.

He was a plus one! Yay!! He was still on the ice for 2/3 goals against.

Aug 6, 2012
"What's your reasoning for giving Lashoff PP time over Ericsson?"
"Whats your reasoning behind playing Cleary so much and Tatar so little?"

I don't see whats so offensive about those questions.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
"Mike, Abdelkader has 1 point in 17 games and is a minus 6 overall. Can you tell us how orgasmic Abdelkader's singular offensive contribution was for you so we can better understand why you persist in playing him in offensive roles?"

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
He was a plus one! Yay!! He was still on the ice for 2/3 goals against.

And who else was as well?

You guys act like Lashoff is the only ****ing guy on the ice, and everything is his fault.

And Quincey is the golden boy because he's +Over 9000 or something ridiculous.

Look beyond the sheets, people. **** me, nothing but a bunch of armchair stat junkies pretending they watch the games.

Aug 6, 2012

**** me, you guys are getting ridiculous. I didn't get to have nearly enough beer before, during, and after this game before I came to read this drivel.

Go be a "fan" of another team and stop clogging up these boards with your constant moaning and groaning about how ****** and worthless every player you don't like is, and how you'd be a much better GM/Coach/Beat writer than everyone else not named A Good Flying Bird, Tin Can Communications, Captain Bob, or A Fading Captain.

Really?

So Lashoff is sucking because he's a 22 year-old undrafted rookie being put on the top-pairing, but we can't complain about Babcock putting him in the position to fail?

What's up with you guys? If you want to live in your happy-go-lucky fairy tale land then be my guest, just stay in your bubble and leave us alone.

I know this is hard to understand but I, and most likely everyone else on this board that you and the others criticize, live in the real world where there are things called problems. So go ahead and be sick of it, but just so you know nobody cares what you think. We're hear to discuss the success and failure of the Wings, and brainstorm ways in which to fix it.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
And who else was as well?

You guys act like Lashoff is the only ****ing guy on the ice, and everything is his fault.

And Quincey is the golden boy because he's +Over 9000 or something ridiculous.

Look beyond the sheets, people. **** me, nothing but a bunch of armchair stat junkies pretending they watch the games.

It is not just Lashoff's fault..you said yourself that he is a stay-at-home d-man that definitely could be a future 3rd pairing guy for us. So WHY is Babcock giving him Power Play time over Big Rig? Why is Babcock giving a 22-yr old minimally skilled defenseman firs-pairing minutes?

How about how Babcock is using Cleary and Abby? We have every right to be frustrated right now. These are unacceptable losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad