Post-Game Talk: Hey Refs nice work Jets lose 3-2 in ot

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
As far as i'm concerned i'm still undefeated for GDT making because the ref owed Dallas money . :naughty: Great comeback on the road and we got 3 out of 4 points in the 2 game divisional series and Dallas only got 2 . We got a regulation win and Dallas didn't , Dallas got a ref owes us money win . Absolutely hate Perry and i would still hate him if he was a Jet , guy is just a dirt-bag hockey player . :mad:

Last edited:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wish refs would put names back on their uniforms , i really get tired of yelling you f***ing asshole all the time .

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I don't usually complain about the refs, but this time the reffing was so lopsided it hurts. I think there were about 5 times refs could raise their hand for penalty against the stars, but didn't. Then Jets got some pretty soft ones.

Add:

Me likes the point. Stars were much better early on, so that point feels some sort of robbery. Also pretty important going forward as Dallas is competiting about the same playoff spots.

Last edited:

TiimuSeLaine

Oct 23, 2016
3rd star of the game:
8476945.jpg

2nd star of the game:
8471750.jpg

1st star of the game:
3u20gjT.jpg

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
An interesting play from tonights game. When it happened I was sure that Laine was gonna clap bomb that sucker. At first I thought Laine might have thought that the saucer pass from Wheeler was to high (it was pretty high for a saucer pass) but it looks to land flat at Laine's stick. Looking at it closer the pass was too far towards Laine's back skate. Not blaming either player, Wheeler could have made a more accurate pass and Laine could have positioned himself better for the pass.
It would have been a highlight play to have Laine one time a pass that just barely, if at all, touched the ice. This is slowed down 50%
mNj4iL2.gif

My initial thought for the situation was that that the saucer was a bit too long and if Laine had tried to bury that one in, he had missed the puck for sure.

Looking it slo-mo confirms this. It's a good attempt by Wheeler, just a tad too long saucer.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Grabbing a point is always good.
Loved the 3rd period.
The reffing is terrible league wide and has been for a long while.
Perhaps the league needs new officiating blood.
There’s no consistency and it gets all teams one time or another.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Man that ref must be super touchy , you give a penalty for that ?:laugh: Scheif shouldn't yap to the ref but come on , you suck gets Scheif a penalty ? To me that ref was looking for anything to be able to call a penalty on the Jets . :shakehead

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think what really pisses me off about NHL reffing is there is no way in hell they make that call on Morrissey in the playoffs . Points in the regular season is what gets you into the playoffs , these games are important especially divisional games . Awesome pass by Laine to Scheif for the game tying goal by the way .

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Said gotta stay outta the box before the game started.

Power plays for the home team sell tickets. Didn't think it would happen in OT though.

Tickets probably half price what they are in Wpg too.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Really hoping Shore can help that 4th line , that line just doesn't have it . It's gotten to the point where i wince every time they come over the boards . And whoever coined the phrase "Stone hands" definitely came from watching Lowry play .:laugh:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I know it couldn’t possibly be true, but it seemed like the refs almost were instructed behind closed doors to favour the home team. Makes sense from an economic perspective-lots of empty seats in Dallas.

Monday Night Football so not going to fault the fans on this occasion. I expect lots of Dallas fans have seats for both.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Monday Night Football so not going to fault the fans on this occasion. I expect lots of Dallas fans have seats for both.
I agree but they have a population that should still be able to fill that arena even with the Cowboys playing too .

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Westwood is adopting his "high moral stance" position on reffing regarding last night. Look, we all know refs call games based on circumstances. It happens all the time. Is it right? Nope. But it is what it is. When they missed that obvious hook on KC by Perry I was thinking "OK there's a make up call coming our way soon." So what do they do instead? They call a ticky tack little penalty against us in 3 on 3 OT! Come on! Morrisey held the stick for a fraction of a second and the puck was already gone. The hold had no impact on the game. The penalty though sure did. I mean calling a penalty on a team in 3 on 3 OT comes pretty darned close to gifting the point to the other team. The penalty should at least have had some sort of real impact on a play. Brutal...

Reactions: DRW204 and Jets 31

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
The anatomy of a wounded ego: a day in the life.
By: Kanadalainen
Room 3010
Course: Referee Ego Frailty 7254

Abstract

1.The jets made a great third period comeback with an outstanding set up pass to Shuffles for the tying goal.

2. The ref carried some anger around after doing his alpha dog routine in the second re: smarting after the “you suck” comment. Perhaps he also knows and suspects- that he in fact sucks.

3. The OT spoiler of the game - thanks to the inevitable flex by a wounded alpha dog. Not satisfied that the phantom non calls were tipping favour, our dog takes matters into his own hands.

4. Our dog then retires to his hotel to reap the benefits of his efforts and have his work criticized - not by the players on the team that he worked his strange magic - but by the Canadian national media. This will hurt the dog again.

Conclusion: beware the wounded ego. A small man holding some power will push a chaotic end point.

Last edited:

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I was so mad about the reffing through the first two periods, I shut the game off with 3-minutes left in the 2nd. Turned it back on with about 7-minutes left in the third and was pleasantly surprised by the shot clock. Jets dominated that 3rd period, then to have it end on a bad, no HORRIBLE, call in OT is embarrassing for the league. That being said, gotta kill that penalty too, still had a chance.

Either way, 3 of 4 points in the home-and-home is a good result. Let's carry that 3rd period on to show the Ducks what this team is really made of. Go Jets Go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad