Post-Game Talk: Hey Refs nice work Jets lose 3-2 in ot

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Agree! Especially after all the non calls on both teams in the last 10 mins of the 3rd period. It was a penalty but after many much worst non calls in the 3rd this should not have been called. Refs, be consistent, either call everything or don't but don't change the way you have been calling a game in OT after 3 periods of non calls.
No kidding! A penalty is a penalty is a penalty. Or else it's not. This lame-ass call on JoMo absolutely wouldn't happen in the playoffs, esp. in OT. Would be interesting to see if this same ref makes the exact same call in a playoff OT game. If he doesn't someone should bring this game up and ask him what's the difference. If his answer is a smart-ass "well, it's the playoffs" the ref should be demoted to only work games at the pee-wee level. Like I said: A penalty is a penalty is a penalty. Or else it's not.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Man that ref must be super touchy , you give a penalty for that ?:laugh: Scheif shouldn't yap to the ref but come on , you suck gets Scheif a penalty ? To me that ref was looking for anything to be able to call a penalty on the Jets . :shakehead

The reffing last night was bad, no doubt. However, I have not seen anyone since Kane who complains to the refs as much as Scheifele. I'm actually surprised he hasn't gotten penalties in the past.

Reactions: hn777

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
No kidding! A penalty is a penalty is a penalty. Or else it's not. This lame-ass call on JoMo absolutely wouldn't happen in the playoffs, esp. in OT. Would be interesting to see if this same ref makes the exact same call in a playoff OT game. If he doesn't someone should bring this game up and ask him what's the difference. If his answer is a smart-ass "well, it's the playoffs" the ref should be demoted to only work games at the pee-wee level. Like I said: A penalty is a penalty is a penalty. Or else it's not.

This will be small consolation to you, but each referee receives an evaluation from the league on every game that they officiate. While the central office doesn't "bring this game up and ask him", they do provide notes which address penalties which were called and which were missed. In addition to providing feedback to improve the officiating and trying to achieve a consistency across the league, these evaluations also figure into determining promotions, continued employment, and who gets to officiate in the playoffs. And yes, the refs are paid a special premium for each playoff game they work.

Reactions: ps241 and Calendal

DuckyChuck

May 6, 2015
On a positive note, that play/pass by Laine on the tying goal was sick. Puts himself in great position, makes a quick no-look, absolute butter pass right on the tape.

Not the outcome we wanted, but that was an entertaining hockey games. I wish more were like that. Also, I want Buff back to handle the Benn's and the Perry's of the world. We love ya Big Guy.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
On a positive note, that play/pass by Laine on the tying goal was sick. Puts himself in great position, makes a quick no-look, absolute butter pass right on the tape.

Not the outcome we wanted, but that was an entertaining hockey games. I wish more were like that. Also, I want Buff back to handle the Benn's and the Perry's of the world. We love ya Big Guy.
we have Ehlers for that now :sarcasm:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

Can't have Buff forever. Fortunately, Loogan Stankey is on the way!

Reactions: Roughneck1

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
Just a couple of looks at the Morrissey O/T penalty, the last one in slo-mo. It does look like Morrissey grabbed the stick but just for a second and it ended up not making a difference in the play. There is many times a hook, a stick hold or interference or whatever is allowed to happen for several seconds that go uncalled. It seems, to me, the Ref reacted immediately and I suppose that's his right, but a play like this doesn't seem to within the spirit of the rules. Having said that, we got away with one in the last game when Ehlers hooked a guy down in their own zone towards the end of the game. So technically a penalty but a chintzy one. We get them called in our favour as well and neither are right.

Great looks... when a penalty was being called I was sure it was going to be on Pavelski for the hook into Morrisey's hands / waist to make Morrissey lose control of the puck. The stick hold was obvious but very brief as you said, much less impact on the play than the hook.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The reffing last night was bad, no doubt. However, I have not seen anyone since Kane who complains to the refs as much as Scheifele. I'm actually surprised he hasn't gotten penalties in the past.
When you yell "gosh darn ref that wasn't a penalty" or "ref that call sucks" or "ref you suck" , that's not really complaining that's comedy . :laugh: If i was a ref and a player said those words to me i would giggle my ass off and say with a laugh , get outa here you goofy kid but i sure wouldn't give him a penalty . :laugh:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Before hockey Nick used to sell shells by the seaSHORE . :naughty:

Hopefully "Saint Nick" can bring us some early presents against the Ducks...

Shorely, you jest

Jets 31 replies "I never jest... and don't call me Shorely!" :laugh:

giphy.gif

:laugh:

Last edited:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Shore-pun.

Anyhow...

Wish refs would put names back on their uniforms , i really get tired of yelling you ****ing ******* all the time .

Brad Meier was the one who kept waiving of goals and doing the challenges.

Kendrick Nicholson was the one who tee'd up Scheifele and gave Morrissey a phantom penalty.

Still, show up for 60 minutes and that becomes a minor annoyance.

Not sure that's entirely fair. The Stars got embarrassed on Tuesday, were on a four game losing streak, and had top players getting thrown under the bus.

The Jets dealt with an onslaught in the first, especially, but did so rather well.

Reactions: Jets 31

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Said gotta stay outta the box before the game started.

Power plays for the home team sell tickets. Didn't think it would happen in OT though.

Tickets probably half price what they are in Wpg too.

You get a free jersey, parking, unlimited concessions and they make your next mortgage payment as part of their ticket promo deal. Not bad for a $30 ticket ;)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

In the summer pre-No Buff era we all talked about how bad the D was and how you would have to run each of them (33 & 44) on a line to carry the dead weight. Given how the team's D has performed to date you can see how we in fact with a phantom healthy Buff could run him with Morrissey. Pionk to anchor the 2nd pair and Poolman to settle down that third pairing.

I think we'd look pretty good.
Perhaps Buff would find his smile again if he knew he would get to play with Josh. Imagine Buff with a good partner instead of carrying the Chiarot's and Morrow's of the world!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad