Post-Game Talk: Hey Refs nice work Jets lose 3-2 in ot

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That blatant hook on KC by Perry that the refs decided to look at the rafters about and also Perry crashing into Hellebuyck and deciding he was paralyzed for 10 seconds really stood out to me. HATE HIM.

Reactions: Jets 31

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Wow what the hell was going on with the reffing last nights.

Reviewing Scheifs tying goal, looking for a possible dead puck was a head scratcher, OT was a joke. Seemed pretty pointed in the Stars direction.

Good point, excellent third period and we took the Stars best shot.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Really liked the way the Jets came back in the 3rd. Could have been easy to fold up (See Leafs vs Flyers even when they were tied), but they hung in there and battled hard. Full marks for all the work on the 2nd goal.

Reactions: voyageur

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
If the Jets had exerted the same effort in the 1st period that was shown in the 2nd and 3rd, the officiating wouldn't have decided the outcome.

Getting the OT point is okay, I suppose, but three periods of effort would've probably resulted in a clean win instead.

Reactions: Romang67 and ps241

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Don't feel bad , there was 2 refs , not 1 but 2 , on the ice that have no idea either . :shakehead

Well I’m confused at why Pavelski’s play wasn’t a hook right before Morrissey grabbed his stick. You see that a lot and sometimes it’s called and sometimes it isn’t. Also Scheif’s hook didn’t look like a hook at all on replay.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Well I’m confused at why Pavelski’s play wasn’t a hook right before Morrissey grabbed his stick. You see that a lot and sometimes it’s called and sometimes it isn’t. Also Scheif’s hook didn’t look like a hook at all on replay.

Scheif's was that dumb "get your stick near the players gloves and we're calling hooking" kind of call. I agree it wasn't really there, but the stick got "close" to the gloves and they call those all the time. It's a ticky-tacky and super subjective call but they have been calling those for years now so it shouldn't be a surprise if you get the blade of your stick near the gloves. I thought Scheif more hit his stick but refs gonna ref.

On Pavelski I thought he could have been called for both holding and hooking as the second lead into the first and the refs functionally called the third penalty in the series, sadly on Morrissey. I'm sure Morrissey's thought process was 'f***, ok, we're letting that shit go I'm grabbing the stick' when in reality it was just green stripes disease.

Perry's hook on Connor was blatant, over the top of the arm and so obvious as to be ridiculous and no call. You couldn't miss that call from any angle so not making the call was absurd on the part of the refs.

Still, show up for 60 minutes and that becomes a minor annoyance.

Reactions: ps241

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
The main negative thing about the Jets play in this game is that we can get outmuscled. You saw it with Pionk, on the Morrissey penalty, anytime Jamie Benn stepped onto the ice, the way Gustafsson was totally owned in the first period. That'll be the book on the Jets, especially come playoff time. You don't want Scheifele, Laine and Wheeler retaliating or sticking up for the smaller players, we need them on the ice.

Nov 24, 2006
Postgame interview videos if anyone is interested...

No doubt that the refereeing in this game was atrocious. They should be embarrassed about missing Perry's blatant hook on Connor, and then having the stones to call whatever the f*** it was that Morrissey got called for in OT.

That said, I do like Wheeler's response to the media. He's definitely calmed down a bit.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
We need a new 4th line... This isn't working. Since they've been so bad with both Corsi and xG how much that's affecting our overall totals.

Gotta fix that Mo.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Well it looks like I missed a barn burner 3rd period and a crapily (is that a word?) officiated OT, since I had to go after the second period.

Looks to me that if we could load up PP1 and fix the staticness (is that a word?) of it, then improve the 4th line, we would look very good.

No problems with the top 9 and the D is what it is for now and they are doing an admirable job, all things considered.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Refing was dirt. What else is new?

We got 3 out of 4 pts in the 'Home and Away'. I'm happy with that.
With that comment I just realized I have turned a corner to caring about pts, standings. With my lowered expectations I was thinking about draft position. I hope I don't let my expectations rise too high. On a 102 pt pace right now.

A few 'if onlies' this game. If only Helle hadn't let in that softy second goal (not pinning anything on Helle). If only Lowry had hit the inside of that post. Arrrrrgghhh! If only the OT had been different (**** you ref!).

They were being out worked, outhustled in the first. Not playing badly. Just not quite good enough. Always chasing the play. I liked the comeback in the second half. They were helped a bit by score effects, I think. But they just took over. They showed that they can be a good team, even with our 4th line and AHL D corps. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad