• Play him at C for a bit and see how he does

• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I'd be looking to flip Domi so that he can be reunited with Marner or Horvat. Trana may be willing to pay more on account of their past association with his father.
Make it more reasonable trading domi for William Nylander. That way we could make the trade look better than it was between galchenyuk and domi.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Entertained the idea of Domi playing center... Worth a try. I'd like to see how he fits in the middle of Patch and Gallagher

Lehkonen / Drouin / Armia
Patch / Domi / Gallagher
Danault / DLR / Scherbak
Deslauriers / Pleky / Hudon

Peca

Byron and Shaw start the year injured. No idea who is out when they are back though. Comes down to Deslauriers, Hudon, and Scherbak IMO. I also am not against Danault and DLR swapping the 3C role. Especially if DLR can take another step forward.

I would like to see what we can get for Byron and Shaw in trades as well. Keep Patch till the deadline and see what we can get.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Entertained the idea of Domi playing center... Worth a try. I'd like to see how he fits in the middle of Patch and Gallagher

Patch / Domi / Gallagher
Danault / DLR / Scherbak

Peca

It’s either Drouin or Domi at centre imho, not both. I actually don’t think there’s any chance we see Domi at centre

Danault will fill the other top 6 centre role.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Has Domi played C in the NHL? Why are people pencilling him in at C? Did he play it in Juniors or something? Or are we just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
the way laurentide said it also made me laugh, but it annoys me to know whatever Domi says, he's ****ed.

Got a guy coming in excited to play in a hockey market and seems fired up .... and somehow that's negative?

if he would have looked too casual about the coming season people would rip into him.

kid hasn't played a game yet and has no way out when he's on the mic.
That might be because his 9 goal season speaks loud enough.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Has Domi played C in the NHL? Why are people pencilling him in at C? Did he play it in Juniors or something? Or are we just throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks

Because people can read Bergevin like an open book. The team needs centers and Domi is a playmaker.

Domi played center all his life until he was 16 with the London Knights where he reluctantly agreed to move to the wing after dreaming his whole life of playing center. Last year as a 22 year old was the first time Domi was switched back to center when Tocchet played him as 2C for a stretch during the middle of the season. The scouting report is that he played well defensively but didn't generate any offense.

So yes there is a good chance that Domi will be at least tried at center. Given that Domi can play defense and wasn't a complete liability he might play center over Drouin. Both Domi and Drouin failed at centers with their previous teams but you know Bergevin likes to re-invent the wheel instead of going with proven formulas.

How Arizona Coyotes' Max Domi found his way back to center - Max Domi

Q&A with Five For Howling regarding Max Domi

Last edited:

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Bergevin was clear that they got him as a winger, that they know Domi can play center for a stretch if needed but that they will play him at wing.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Bergevin was clear that they got him as a winger, that they know Domi can play center for a stretch if needed but that they will play him at wing.

Bergevin also said that in an ideal world Drouin is a winger, then proceeded to play Drouin at center for the entire season while leaving the one winger that actually did have success playing center.. on the wing. If anyone is expecting any kind of logic or rationality from this management, try again.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Because people can read Bergevin like an open book. The team needs centers and Domi is a playmaker.

Domi played center all his life until he was 16 with the London Knights where he reluctantly agreed to move to the wing after dreaming his whole life of playing center. Last year as a 22 year old was the first time Domi was switched back to center when Tocchet played him as 2C for a stretch during the middle of the season. The scouting report is that he played well defensively but didn't generate any offense.

So yes there is a good chance that Domi will be at least tried at center. Given that Domi can play defense and wasn't a complete liability he might play center over Drouin. Both Domi and Drouin failed at centers with their previous teams but you know Bergevin likes to re-invent the wheel instead of going with proven formulas.

How Arizona Coyotes' Max Domi found his way back to center - Max Domi

Q&A with Five For Howling regarding Max Domi

Thanks. Not a player I ever followed so I had no idea.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Bergevin also said that in an ideal world Drouin is a winger, then proceeded to play Drouin at center for the entire season while leaving the one winger that actually did have success playing center.. on the wing. If anyone is expecting any kind of logic or rationality from this management, try again.
When they got Drouin they said that he will be tried at center. It's at the end of last season that Bergevin said that in an ideal situation, they would play Drouin at wing. In Domi's case he said they get him as a winger the day they acquired him. I'm pretty sure Domi will only play wing with Habs and I hope it will be the case.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
When they got Drouin they said that he will be tried at center. It's at the end of last season that Bergevin said that in an ideal situation, they would play Drouin at wing. In Domi's case he said they get him as a winger the day they acquired him. I'm pretty sure Domi will only play wing with Habs and I hope it will be the case.

I see it the other way. I'd rather Drouin on the wing and Domi at center. Domi is not a liability defensively, is a good playmaker and has a better work ethic. You're not going to ruin him by experimenting with him at center. He's already coming off two bad seasons. Drouin on the other hand has the higher offensive ceiling so let him concentrate on offense. He was also coming off a career year and management ruined him by trying to turn him into a center. The kid is obviously not a center. Just depends on how many more years of his career do you want to waste before management realizes that.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Worst trade ever! I hate this trade a lot! I mean the return should have been bigger! Bergevin is by far the worlds dumbest GM ever existed!
LOL !

Galchenyuk is a better scorer , right , but Domi is better for everything else .

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
LOL !

Galchenyuk is a better scorer , right , but Domi is better for everything else . [MOD]

Domi is better at everything else except actually helping the team win. Galchenyuk is better at helping the team win, this is proven by the team setting a franchise record. Domi played top line with Stepan and Keller while getting top PP minutes for the entire season and couldn't do shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Patch / Domi / Gallagher
Danault / DLR / Scherbak

Peca

Byron and Shaw start the year injured. No idea who is out when they are back though. Comes down to Deslauriers, Hudon, and Scherbak IMO. I also am not against Danault and DLR swapping the 3C role. Especially if DLR can take another step forward.

I would like to see what we can get for Byron and Shaw in trades as well. Keep Patch till the deadline and see what we can get.

Hudon on the 4th line makes we want to puke. Shades of Galchenyuk on the 4th , offensive players have no business outside the top 9.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018

Patch / Domi / Gallagher
Danault / DLR / Scherbak

Peca

Just so we're clear... you now have 2 wingers both playing center. And a center playing on the wing? Right... MB is that you??

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If Domi was so much better in every area than Galchenyuk except for goal scoring then Domi would have out produced Galchenyuk on multiple occasions. Its not like Galchenyuk was playing with Crosby last season and Domi was playing with John Scott.

He had 4 more assists than Galchenyuk last season. Woah, what a massive gap in playmaking ability. Certainly his vastly superior skating, hands, vision, and IQ would have equated to more than 5 non empty-net goals, if that were actually the case.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Worst trade ever! I hate this trade a lot! I mean the return should have been bigger! Bergevin is by far the worlds dumbest GM ever existed!

Come on that's not the worst trade ever. It's just a trade that accomplish nothing even if it turns out to be a good trade. Only way this trade is making this team progress is if AG develops a serious out of ice issue like a serious drinking problem or something. There's no reality where Domi is a significantly better winger than AG and we can just hope AG wont progress as a center in Arizona cause it could be ugly. But that's not a lopsided trade like Gomez for McDo, Niiiiniiiiimaaaa for Ribeiro or Roy for some depth players.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Domi is better at everything else except actually helping the team win. Galchenyuk is better at helping the team win, this is proven by the team setting a franchise record. Domi played top line with Stepan and Keller while getting top PP minutes for the entire season and couldn't do ****.

what

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
If Domi was so much better in every area than Galchenyuk except for goal scoring then Domi would have out produced Galchenyuk on multiple occasions. Its not like Galchenyuk was playing with Crosby last season and Domi was playing with John Scott.

He had 4 more assists than Galchenyuk last season. Woah, what a massive gap in playmaking ability. Certainly his vastly superior skating, hands, vision, and IQ would have equated to more than 5 non empty-net goals, if that were actually the case.

this organization values chacracter, atitude and better hod-dogs and Domi's are vastly superiour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad