• Yes play him at C permanently!

• Play him at C for a bit and see how he does

• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Team set a franchise record with Galchenyuk as #1C in 2016 getting 19 points out of a possible 20 over the first 10 games of the season. They were also the #1 team in the NHL right up until Galchenyuk injured his knee in December.

Supporting cast type players played over their heads during that 10-game period. It was completely unsustainable for them, as proven shortly afterwards. That's, ultimately, what permitted MON to have a franchise record start to the season, not Galchenyuk carrying the team on his shoulders like a Viking God going to war.

Your statement is observational and, had it rained solid during those ten games, as valuable as stating that MON played great because of the rain.

I'm not saying that Galchenyuk didn't have a great offensive start to the season that year, before his injury, but the conclusions that are quickly made, with no real analysis to that start of the season, are somewhat empty, IMO.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Come on that's not the worst trade ever. It's just a trade that accomplish nothing even if it turns out to be a good trade. Only way this trade is making this team progress is if AG develops a serious out of ice issue like a serious drinking problem or something. There's no reality where Domi is a significantly better winger than AG and we can just hope AG wont progress as a center in Arizona cause it could be ugly. But that's not a lopsided trade like Gomez for McDo, Niiiiniiiiimaaaa for Ribeiro or Roy for some depth players.
You still got a admit a 3rd over all pick for a 9th? Is still by far worst trade for me!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You still got a admit a 3rd over all pick for a 9th? Is still by far worst trade for me!

Draft position means nothing after the fact. One was a defenseman with top pairing potential abilities and the other player plays the position that’s the easiest to recycle then any other. That was the problem with the trade. What a weak argument.

Reactions: bsl

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Draft position means literally nothing once the players hit NHL ice. And Domi was drafted 12th, not 9th.
Yea I kinda guessed the draft might of thought of someone else but it's a lopsided trade, they got more apples and in return we got half eaten Apple!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yea I kinda guessed the draft might of thought of someone else but it's a lopsided trade, they got more apples and in return we got half eaten Apple!

I edited my post as I thought you might have meant Sergachev/Drouin. Either way, draft position doesn’t mean much once the following season starts after their draft.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just so we're clear... you now have 2 wingers both playing center. And a center playing on the wing? Right... MB is that you??

We are clear yes. Two top 2 centers who are learning to play center cause we don't have anyone else to play that role. I guess you have a problem with trying different options

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
We are clear yes. Two top 2 centers who are learning to play center cause we don't have anyone else to play that role. I guess you have a problem with trying different options
The NHL is not a development league. It still boggles my mind we could be "experimenting" at the top-2 center positions. It's the freaking NHL and the top-2 centers on each team should be the anchors of their lines, or at the very least, reliable on both ends of the ice.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Team set a franchise record with Galchenyuk as #1C in 2016 getting 19 points out of a possible 20 over the first 10 games of the season. They were also the #1 team in the NHL right up until Galchenyuk injured his knee in December.

They had 23 points in the 18 games before Galchenyuk's injury and 22 points in the 18 games during Galchenyuk's injury. The Habs were first place in the league mainly because Price was putting up a ridiculous .946 save %.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The NHL is not a development league. It still boggles my mind we could be "experimenting" at the top-2 center positions. It's the freaking NHL and the top-2 centers on each team should be the anchors of their lines, or at the very least, reliable on both ends of the ice.

Who cares about experiencing with different options when your team is not expected to be good. You can cry about where we are at with Bergevin as our GM all you want... I'm talking about what we have at the moment and what I would try if I was the coach. Pretty simple, this team is not going on deep playoff runs.. even if we somehow slip into a wild card spot. My worse fear is a wild card spot and losing to the Leafs in the 1st round this coming season.

I rather experiment with different options in another tank year. Sorry if this upsets you

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Patches - Domi - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Drouin - Armia
Hudon - Danault - Scherbak
Deslauriers - Plek/Peca - Byron

So DLR is out? Took me a while to figure it out lol.

It's a fair line-up. I would have no problem with trying that too. I do like the 1st two lines a lot. Then it gets interesting for the 3rd and 4th. Take your pick.

Patch / Domi / Gallagher: The more I think about it, the more I like it. I don't care if Domi is not a "real" center. I'm willing to try it.
Lehkonen / Drouin / Armia: I like the two fins on each side of Drouin. I think they complement him well.

As far as Hudon. I'm willing to give him opportunity but he needs to put up points and take the next step. Same with Scherbak and DLR. They need to be good at the things they are good at. Hard to say which of these 3 shines over the others.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
So DLR is out? Took me a while to figure it out lol.

It's a fair line-up. I would have no problem with trying that too. I do like the 1st two lines a lot. Then it gets interesting for the 3rd and 4th. Take your pick.

Patch / Domi / Gallagher: The more I think about it, the more I like it. I don't care if Domi is not a "real" center. I'm willing to try it.
Lehkonen / Drouin / Armia: I like the two fins on each side of Drouin. I think they complement him well.

I agree with you in regards to the top 2 lines. Domi/Gallagher and Lehkonen/Armia will do the hard work while their linemates try to find open holes. I'd give it a shot.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree with you in regards to the top 2 lines. Domi/Gallagher and Lehkonen/Armia will do the hard work while their linemates try to find open holes. I'd give it a shot.

I'm definitely willing to try those top 2 lines. Were going to struggle against the top teams regardless of whatever lines we try but I do see those top 2 lines doing relatively well against the teams that are not cup contenders.

- Domi can dish the puck to goal scores in Patch and Gallagher. Gallagher and Domi do the hard work while Patch does his usual floating around into open space waiting for the puck to come to him so he can get his deadly shot off.

- Lehkonen is needed with Drouin as he is defensive aware. Armia provides some size and skill and a big body is needed to draw some attention so Drouin has a bit more time and space to do this thing.

Makes sense to me but this idea can be squashed pretty quick once they play real games and we get to see the chemistry. Point is we should be experiencing with different options

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

I like this kids personality, you can tell he's excited about being in Montreal and WANTS to be here, I have high hopes he can turn things around and be a bright spot for us in the coming season and years, he's got the skill and I think he has the mental moxie to handle things in Montreal.

Really looking forward to what he can and will do for us.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017

I like this kids personality, you can tell he's excited about being in Montreal and WANTS to be here, I have high hopes he can turn things around and be a bright spot for us in the coming season and years, he's got the skill and I think he has the mental moxie to handle things in Montreal.

Really looking forward to what he can and will do for us.

What did you expect from a 9-goal (4 of them were empty netters) scorer the previous season, a montone like lack of enthusiasm? What I do admire about him though is his management of Type I Diabetes like Bobby Clarke before him.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
What did you expect from a 9-goal (4 of them were empty netters) scorer the previous season, a montone like lack of enthusiasm? What I do admire about him though is his management of Type I Diabetes like Bobby Clarke before him.

When it comes to Montreal and the way things have been for some time now I don't know what to expect from any player that lands here regardless of what their stats are. You don't take anything for granted anymore.

These are difficult times. Anyway, I will call it today, 25 goals for Max this year.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
When it comes to Montreal and the way things have been for some time now I don't know what to expect from any player that lands here regardless of what their stats are. You don't take anything for granted anymore.

These are difficult times. Anyway, I will call it today, 25 goals for Max this year.
25 goals for Tie's son for the 2018-2019 season? I predict 15 max.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

2hbbkl.gif

Past record shows ...

2hcsix.jpg

2cj0gi.jpg

2hbco0.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

That is a crazy prediction.

Domi doesn't really have a spot on the 1st PP since, he's a perimeter passer 1st and foremost (like Drouin). He commonly played in Gallagher's spot on the PP in Arizona and he'd fit poorly there in Montreal. He might work at center on the 1st unit, but Montreal would need a serious shooter on the left side, and Pacioretty is the only one the team has got. Unless Lehkonen has a huge step forward, it doesn't seem fair to Domi to expect him to mesh well on the PP.

Based on a reasonable expectation of his personal shot volume (around 6 shots per 60 minutes at ES), he'd need to have one of the best shooting percentages in the NHL.

Never say never, but its unreasonable and unfair to Domi to predict 25 goals from him this year.

Reactions: Runner77 and Peanut

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Another DD production type player. Just what we need. As the season nears, the jokes just keep coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad