• Yes play him at C permanently!

• Play him at C for a bit and see how he does

• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
But I'm happy very happy we have Max Domi! He's a whole lot different than Galchenyuk but I'm sure he will make me like him

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
When it comes to Montreal and the way things have been for some time now I don't know what to expect from any player that lands here regardless of what their stats are. You don't take anything for granted anymore.

These are difficult times. Anyway, I will call it today, 25 goals for Max this year.
I like Max Domi a lot. I liked him ever since I saw him at the Junior Championships. The Domi, Duclair, Reinhart line was spectacular but there was no reason to trade Galchenyuk when his stock was low and if he had to go there was no reason we couldn't package him for a center. As someone said many of Bergevin's trades are to get rid of a player, not to get a player we need.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
management is terrible at trading players when they are at peak value.
One of the hardest things in life is getting peak value for something!

Think of it on the flip side, do you realize how much higher Domi's "peak value" was a couple years ago?

He looked like he was about to set the league on fire.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
That is a crazy prediction.

Domi doesn't really have a spot on the 1st PP since, he's a perimeter passer 1st and foremost (like Drouin). He commonly played in Gallagher's spot on the PP in Arizona and he'd fit poorly there in Montreal. He might work at center on the 1st unit, but Montreal would need a serious shooter on the left side, and Pacioretty is the only one the team has got. Unless Lehkonen has a huge step forward, it doesn't seem fair to Domi to expect him to mesh well on the PP.

Based on a reasonable expectation of his personal shot volume (around 6 shots per 60 minutes at ES), he'd need to have one of the best shooting percentages in the NHL.

Never say never, but its unreasonable and unfair to Domi to predict 25 goals from him this year.
It is crazy but i'm shooting for the moon.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I like Max Domi a lot. I liked him ever since I saw him at the Junior Championships. The Domi, Duclair, Reinhart line was spectacular but there was no reason to trade Galchenyuk when his stock was low and if he had to go there was no reason we couldn't package him for a center. As someone said many of Bergevin's trades are to get rid of a player, not to get a player we need.
The whole Galchenyuk affair was a clusterf*** and I expected nothing special coming back in trade for him, especially with Bergevin. It's a shame what has happened to this franchise.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
One of the hardest things in life is getting peak value for something!

Think of it on the flip side, do you realize how much higher Domi's "peak value" was a couple years ago?

He looked like he was about to set the league on fire.

They could have traded Pac early on last year when it was clear we were f***ed, he would have been closer to peak value. Petry's at peak value, Gallagher's at peak value, instead we'll likely hold onto them too long and won't get anything close to max return. They trade a great asset in Subban and who knows what the return will be on Weber, a massive fail as you just don't trade talent like that unless you get equal or greater return. Galchenyuk spending time on the 4th line, playing some with DLR, then you trade him. Terrible asset management.

Yes they might hit on Domi, he might turn out to be better then he's been, and if he was traded for a different package, depending on what that is, (say Byron or Shaw at 50% retained and something else) I'd feel much better about the trade. But I'm happy for Galchenyuk to get out of such a poorly run organization.

MC94

May 13, 2018
The whole Galchenyuk affair was a cluster**** and I expected nothing special coming back in trade for him, especially with Bergevin. It's a shame what has happened to this franchise.
Dont worry its really bad right now but bergevin will be gone eventually and as for domi please just give him a chance before you shit on him as being nothing special he is on the team and we need to show him some respect same as weber he never asked to come here but doesnt mean hes conplete trash just because you were huge on galchenyuk and meh on domi lets just wait and see what he does first

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
But I'm happy very happy we have Max Domi! He's a whole lot different than Galchenyuk but I'm sure he will make me like him
I'm happy too.

One thing is for sure, as a manager in RL I sure don't want or need talented guys that keep goofing around à la Galchenyuk (yes his off the ice issues are what kept him from having a bigger impact on the Habs), I prefer less talented guys who work harder that don't have issues outside of the job. We heard LOTS of stories, including Galch following a rehab program. OUCH ! This was no good for his future here. That and the party over at his place where his GF bitslapped him in the early morning. Sure, he's young and rich and we can use all kinds of excuses to justify the lack of maturity of a young man, etc, but this is the tip of the iceberg. In the media there was always lots of innuendos about his personnal life, things you don't hear from the likes of Gallagher and Pacioretty. Perhaps this is just the media doing their dirty stuff but where there's smoke there must be fire.

As for Domi, as they say he probably had issues too 'cause when you trade RFA for RFA there is always more than meets the eye, but at least Domi has more heart and is more gritty, something that I always disliked about Galchenyuk.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Dont worry its really bad right now but bergevin will be gone eventually and as for domi please just give him a chance before you **** on him as being nothing special he is on the team and we need to show him some respect same as weber he never asked to come here but doesnt mean hes conplete trash just because you were huge on galchenyuk and meh on domi lets just wait and see what he does first
I haven't shit on him, i praised him!! Did you read my original post above?

I even went in over my head and predicted 25 from him.

He's a Hab now, I'll root for him no matter what, I'm no fair weather fan, Montreal has been my team since a little boy in the 1970's and I am loyal to them forever, max has nothing but my support.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
To be honest , yes we need scorers but we also needed another playmaker and domi fits that need

Pac needs a player to pass to him

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Would be quite something if Kotkaniemi were ready this year, as it would allow both Drouin and Domi to play on the wing:

Pacioretty Danault Domi
Drouin Kotkaniemi Gallagher
Scherbak Plekanec Lehkonen
Armia Peca Hudon
Deslauriers, DLR

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
They could have traded Pac early on last year when it was clear we were ****ed, he would have been closer to peak value. Petry's at peak value, Gallagher's at peak value, instead we'll likely hold onto them too long and won't get anything close to max return. They trade a great asset in Subban and who knows what the return will be on Weber, a massive fail as you just don't trade talent like that unless you get equal or greater return. Galchenyuk spending time on the 4th line, playing some with DLR, then you trade him. Terrible asset management.

Yes they might hit on Domi, he might turn out to be better then he's been, and if he was traded for a different package, depending on what that is, (say Byron or Shaw at 50% retained and something else) I'd feel much better about the trade. But I'm happy for Galchenyuk to get out of such a poorly run organization.

Lmao yeah let's trade anyone who can play hockey from the team. f***ing brilliant.

I would love to see that happen because inevitably you guys will post about how shit the team is immediately afterwards. Unreal.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Lmao yeah let's trade anyone who can play hockey from the team. ****ing brilliant.

I would love to see that happen because inevitably you guys will post about how **** the team is immediately afterwards. Unreal.

That's the GM's job. Having vision. Having a plan. If he didn't want to extent Pacioretty.. why not trade him while his value was high. Unless he's completely delusional, which is a possibility, there's no way we could have won the cup in Pacioretty's last 2 years before his contract expires.. then what's the point of keeping him and having no intention to extent him? Who cares if the fans aren't happy short term. Despite his playoffs lack of success, a multi 30 goals scorer with 2 years left at only 4.5M$ had a lot value. You, me, or Bergevin shouldn't care what the fans think... we all want this team to win but only the GM has to power to change things.. and he f***ing sucks.

Reactions: Peanut

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
That's the GM's job. Having vision. Having a plan. If he didn't want to extent Pacioretty.. why not trade him while his value was high. Unless he's completely delusional, which is a possibility, there's no way we could have won the cup in Pacioretty's last 2 years before his contract expires.. then what's the point of keeping him and having no intention to extent him? Who cares if the fans aren't happy short term. Despite his playoffs lack of success, a multi 30 goals scorer with 2 years left at only 4.5M$ had a lot value. You, me, or Bergevin shouldn't care what the fans think... we all want this team to win but only the GM has to power to change things.. and he ****ing sucks.
The only thing this GM gives any thought to is his fashion style.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
That's the GM's job. Having vision. Having a plan. If he didn't want to extent Pacioretty.. why not trade him while his value was high. Unless he's completely delusional, which is a possibility, there's no way we could have won the cup in Pacioretty's last 2 years before his contract expires.. then what's the point of keeping him and having no intention to extent him? Who cares if the fans aren't happy short term. Despite his playoffs lack of success, a multi 30 goals scorer with 2 years left at only 4.5M$ had a lot value. You, me, or Bergevin shouldn't care what the fans think... we all want this team to win but only the GM has to power to change things.. and he ****ing sucks.

Sorry, I forgot you knew all about what offers were on the table for max beforehand. How do you know there was no intent for an extension? What was then isn't what is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad