• Yes play him at C permanently!

• Play him at C for a bit and see how he does

• No no no no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
This team needs goals, but we also severely lacked playmaking/creativity which is part of the reason we can't score any goals . Last year at forward we had Pacioretty, Gallagher, Byron, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen and even Hudon who are more known for their shooting/scoring than for passing. Add in guys like Froese, Logan Shaw, Plekanec, DLR and Danault which most can't even make a tape to tape pass and it becomes that much harder for the team to get any higher quality scoring chances in the offensive zone. To no surprise after losing our best playmakers in Radulov/Markov, aside from Gallagher basically everyone on the team's shooting % took a drop last year.

Having guys like Drouin, Scherbak and now Domi on forward will start to help, but obviously we need help on defence in this regards.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Sure if im down for a 1000 if you can find a neutral money holder

Why do you need a neutral money holder?

HF Boards reputation is a good enough motivation to honor a bet in my opinion.

There's a ton of witnesses around here...

You can be sure Runner will remind everyone 3 times a day for the next 5 years what a horrible person I am if I end up losing and not keeping my word.

I've been posting almost daily here for the last 4 years, don't you worry I won't suddenly evaporate just because I lost a bet!

So 1000 CAD that Golden Boy gets more points than Domi next season?

The bet is valid if both players play 50 or more games and if they don't play the same amount of games we take into consideration points per game.

Deal?

K2Y9PFt.gif

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Why do you need a neutral money holder?

HF Boards reputation is a good enough motivation to honor a bet in my opinion.

There's a ton of witnesses around here...

You can be sure Runner will remind everyone 3 times a day for the next 5 years what a horrible person I am if I end up losing and not keeping my word.

I've been posting almost daily here for the last 4 years, don't you worry I won't suddenly evaporate just because I lost a bet!

So 1000 CAD that Golden Boy gets more points than Domi next season?

The bet is valid if both players play 50 or more games and if they don't play the same amount of games we take into consideration points per game.

Deal?

1. Because i'm an actual gambler I probably throw more in one month than you do a year.

2. None of your rep means anything to me you could be my best friend and I would still want a neutral holder thats just how the gambling world works.

3. I could give less a crap about reminders until actual money is thrown on the table.

4. It would be 60 games min who ever has more points none of this ppg crap actual points. I think it actually a close bet honestly but im glad you are finally going to talk to talk might as well put money down.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
However, aren't goal scorers in much shorter supply? Viewed in a vacuum, points total could be misleading. If we can't argue that Galchenyuk is better at scoring goals, then we gave up the more difficult to acquire asset. Good luck to Domi but someone is going to have to put the puck in the net.
Then why are so many Habs fans lamenting Pacioretty's lack of playing time with a decent center? If it's true that Patches' record would be exponentially better wth a decent center then it's obvious that a playmaker is as important as a finisher.

I love Domi's game ever since I saw him at the world juniors. My son who hates hockey and rarely watches it, knows Domi from the junior worlds.

I didn't agree with the trade because I would have 1) never traded Galchenyuk but if I had to 2) would have packaged him for a top centerman. That Galchenyuk-Domi trade had me split in a number of conflicting ways

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Guys if you want to bet actual cash, take it to PM. Personally I don't see things ending well that way but it's up to you...

If you want to make an avatar/sig bet instead, that's fine. And yes, there are tons of witnesses and people who will call you out if you don't "pay" up.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Then why are so many Habs fans lamenting Pacioretty's lack of playing time with a decent center? If it's true that Patches' record would be exponentially better wth a decent center than it's obvious that a playmaker is as important as a finisher.

I love Domi's game ever since I saw him at the world juniors. My son who hates hockey and rarely watches it, knows Domi from the junior worlds.

I didn't agree with the trade because I would have 1) never traded Galchenyuk but if I had to 2) would have packaged him for top centerman. That Galchenyuk-Domi trade had me split in a number of conflicting ways

I too expected a different return from a Galchenyuk trade. And the trade won't look better with early signs about how Zona plans to use Galchenyuk.

I thought Domi could have been had for less. And now we've lost a player who has shown an ability to score by one who is more of a passer. Tall order for Domi.

Reactions: groovejuice

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Whatever. Galchenyuk will get more points in Arizona, and Domi less in Montreal. I'd guess 60 vs 33. Who is going to score to get Domi 36 assists again? Our only consistent scorer is another LW, and the GM and many fans want him out.

Domi had 36 assists last year and Arizona had 1 guy scoring over 20 goals (Keller with 23).

Domi assisted on only 6 of Keller's 23 goals. So 30 of Domi's 36 assist came with players who didnt score 20 goals.

Arizona is as bad offensively as us. No reason to think that Domi can't produce as many assists here as he did with Arizona.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Guys if you want to bet actual cash, take it to PM. Personally I don't see things ending well that way but it's up to you...

If you want to make an avatar/sig bet instead, that's fine. And yes, there are tons of witnesses and people who will call you out if you don't "pay" up.

I'll pass I already got screwed over on twitter from a guy that a had "rep" they always end up disappearing when payment is due. I'll stick to bet365/Pinnacle and Draftkings for making my money when there is no neutral holder of cash. Its my fault entirely with engaging when I should have known what would happen when trying to book my bet. I honestly deserve a infraction probably.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Domi had 36 assists last year and Arizona had 1 guy scoring over 20 goals (Keller with 23).

Domi assisted on only 6 of Keller's 23 goals. So 30 of Domi's 36 assist came with players who didnt score 20 goals.

Arizona is as bad offensively as us. No reason to think that Domi can't produce as many assists here as he did with Arizona.

He won't. Julien depresses offence. Radulov's ppg started to slip two years ago after the coaching change, and shot back up in Dallas. Galchenyuk did better under Therrien than Julien also.

Galchenyuk should get 60 points if he plays a full season. Domi probably won't hit 35.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'll pass I already got screwed over on twitter from a guy that a had "rep" they always end up disappearing when payment is due. I'll stick to bet365/Pinnacle and Draftkings for making my money when there is no neutral holder of cash. Its my fault entirely with engaging when I should have known what would happen when trying to book my bet. I honestly deserve a infraction probably.

I have a lot of respect for posters like you who are up front. It says a lot more about you than you will know.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

That's not exactly in contention. It's the fact of giving up a someone who has the ability to snipe and score for a player who sets up others. We're not exactly rich in goal scoring assets.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Leave me the f*** out of your sordid fantasies. Thank-you.

Reactions: Peanut

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
1. Because i'm an actual gambler I probably throw more in one month than you do a year.

2. None of your rep means anything to me you could be my best friend and I would still want a neutral holder thats just how the gambling world works.

3. I could give less a crap about reminders until actual money is thrown on the table.

4. It would be 60 games min who ever has more points none of this ppg crap actual points. I think it actually a close bet honestly but im glad you are finally going to talk to talk might as well put money down.

Chucky is definitely +EV in this bet, but you definitely can't bet 1k based on someones rep. This obviously isn't your first rodeo.

Belial you need to put that money in escrow bro.

Reactions: Runner77

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Anyone else getting the sense the Habs social media is shoving this guy down our throats. The Bergevin cheerleaders are already gushing over this guy , like we didn’t just trade for someone who has been trending the wrong direction since his rookie year.

I don’t give a shit about his dad and I’m still not a fan of him, Domi needs to make this team better because this isn’t looking like a good trade for a goal starved team.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I have him playing with either Pacioretty or Gallagher. We'll get to see what kind of offense he has this year:

Pacioretty Danault Scherbak/Domi
Domi/Scherbak Drouin Gallagher

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That's not exactly in contention. It's the fact of giving up a someone who has the ability to snipe and score for a player who sets up others. We're not exactly rich in goal scoring assets.

If Max does start the season in Montreal, Domi will have two 30-goal scorers he can work with in Pacioretty and Gallagher. As well as two 20-goal scorers in Byron and Drouin. And Lehkonen is the player I feel will benefit most from Domi's playmaking ability should they get time together.

Lehkonen has already put up 18 goals, and despite being snake bitten last year, still scored only 6 less goals. He had 6 goals in his first 52 games, but ended the year with 6 goals in his final 14 games. That pace of 6G in 14 GP prorates to 28 goals in 66 games (the number of games he played last season) and to 35 goals in a full 82 game season.

Even without Galchenyuk, Domi has more goal scorers to work with in Montreal than he had in Arizona.

On defense, we can't exactly count on them to score goals other than Petry and Weber, who will miss half the season. So that's not much different than in Arizona, where they pretty much had only OEL.

What remains to be seen is for them to put it together on the ice. But Domi has better goal-scoring options in Montreal than he did in Arizona.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Anyone else getting the sense the Habs social media is shoving this guy down our throats. The Bergevin cheerleaders are already gushing over this guy , like we didn’t just trade for someone who has been trending the wrong direction since his rookie year.

I don’t give a **** about his dad and I’m still not a fan of him, Domi needs to make this team better because this isn’t looking like a good trade for a goal starved team.

We traded a guy with 21 goals in his last 100 games, he's not the only reason we can't score goals but when one of your top six players has 12 goals at ES in the last 100 games then he's not exactly a solution to any goal scoring issues.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

I agree we're not rich in goal scorers but I'd say we were even poorer in playmakers. What has been the common refrains the past few years. Patches hasn't played with a decent center, we have no playmaking centers and the idiot let go of our two major set guys in Radulov and Markov.

Or to put it differently: the Habs scorers last few years were Patches, Galchenyuk and Gallagher but name me the playmakers or setup guys. That's right you can't...no one can because we didn't have any. Even Drouin was a dismal failure at setting up because he was placed in the wrong role.

And that's the issue with our GM. He swings from one extreme to another. He can't balance the team. If Patches leaves, I'll bet at best it will be for a set up guy so this upcoming season we're gonna have setup guys but Gallagher as the only proven scorer with hopes riding on Drouin, Lehkonen, Hudon and Scherbak to break on through to the other side. (apologies to the Doors)

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We traded a guy with 21 goals in his last 100 games, he's not the only reason we can't score goals but when one of your top six players has 12 goals at ES in the last 100 games then he's not exactly a solution to any goal scoring issues.

Lets see how many goals Galchenyuk gets in his next 100 games with the Coyotes. Over or under 21 you think?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am guessing around 20 a year, similar to his career average.

Bet you get scores multiple 30+ seasons from the age of 24-30. He is going to be given all the opportunity in the world to do it in the desert too. His shot is just too dam good not to be a future 30+ NHL goal scorer. This is why I hate this trade value. Even if we got a 2nd round pick on top of Domi, I would still be hesitant.

What are the reasons why we traded Subban? Are they the same kind of reasons why we traded Galchenyuk? I think this trade is Subban round two. It's going to burn us and Galchenyuk playing center and putting up points is going to be the nail in the coffin for Bergevin as our GM IMO.

No offense to Domi at at all. But his goal scoring power is not good. His strength is his skating and play making. I think he will do well but his ceiling is lower than Galchenyuk's IMO. The only good thing is Domi is RFA controlled. Galchenyuk is 2 years away from UFA. This was a factor in the trade evaluation

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Galchenyuk has a great shot, but he needs a million miles to get it off. Hence why he’s essentially just a PP sniper.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Bet you get scores multiple 30+ seasons from the age of 24-30. He is going to be given all the opportunity in the world to do it in the desert too. His shot is just too dam good not to be a future 30+ NHL goal scorer. This is why I hate this trade value. Even if we got a 2nd round pick on top of Domi, I would still be hesitant.

What are the reasons why we traded Subban? Are they the same kind of reasons why we traded Galchenyuk? I think this trade is Subban round two. It's going to burn us and Galchenyuk playing center and putting up points is going to be the nail in the coffin for Bergevin as our GM IMO.

He's going to a team that hasn't had a 30 goal scorer since 2011-2012, aside from Clayton Keller who will likely play with Stepan they don't have any high quality playmakers to get him the puck. I'd be happy for Galchenyuk if he ends up a 30 goal scorer in the future, he's a good kid and was a professional here - however, until he improves his skating, improves his accuracy (and doesn't whiff on half of his one-timers) and learns how to stickhandle while actually skating I personally don't see him improving much from being a 20-25 goal guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad