Hextall's job if we dont make the playoffs in 18-19?

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
It's obvious the organization does not care that we will not make the playoffs this year. Hakstoll will not get fired till the offseason if he is fired at all. At what point is Hextall's job at risk?

If after next season we've only made the playoffs once during his tenure that would be an indictment.

Hextall is tolerating mediocrity. The players have stopped caring as would I. The strategy of moving the puck from dangerous places on the ice like behind the net to low percentage point shots is beyond stupid. The team is horribly coached and ultimately that falls on the GM.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
i have to beleive the front office will not let Hextall/Hakstol survive yet another non PO season in a row..

either they both are releived or Hakstol alone is..

i simply have to beleive the Organization will not pee in the face of the fanbase year after year...

Reactions: Rebels57

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
i have to beleive the front office will not let Hextall/Hakstol survive yet another non PO season in a row..

either they both are releived or Hakstol alone is..

i simply have to beleive the Organization will not pee in the face of the fanbase year after year...

If the flyers finish last in the metro I don't see how Hakstol can return next year. That outcome is pretty much guaranteed. Due to our coaching we are not finishing ahead of any other metro team.

I am more curious what happens to Hextall if we do not make the playoffs next year. How long do we accept mediocrity?

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fire Hextall if he wont fire Hak this summer. Plain and simple. If he doesnt 18-19 is another wasted year. If he does bring in a new coach and they show progress in both on ice performance and philosophy then I can live with just missing the playoffs in 18-19.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Fire Hextall if he wont fire Hak this summer. Plain and simple. If he doesnt 18-19 is another wasted year. If he does bring in a new coach and they show progress in both on ice performance and philosophy then I can live with just missing the playoffs in 18-19.

I am guessing that's the consensus. As long as haks is gone and there is progress with the team he stays on. It will be very telling who he decides to hire. It can affect his fate.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
When you trade a 50-60 point guy for futures, and it gets signed off by your bosses, why be surprised if you are worse.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This worse tho ??? And wasting G and Jake for multiple more years ??’ They need to pick a direction.
They have picked a direction though...rebuild thru the draft. They just did not trade away every single asset in doing so. They just have not gone scorched earth.

But reality is, they only kept G, Jake, Couts and Simmonds. Everyone else has been moved and Simmonds could be next. The Leafs kept Kadri, JVR and Bozak.

And with G, Couts and Jake signed for 5 more years or more, no reason to move them since they are great and we have no replacement for them. Plus, this summer half this board said G and Jake were cap dumps....lol.

I hate the product on the ice for sure. And Hak is a hack. But we are rebuilding. That IS our direction.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
He should be on the hot seat right now. Not because theyll miss the playoffs, but because of how they will miss the playoffs. The youth movement is either not as good as they thought, or they arent being developed properly...either way its on Hextall.

Reactions: tucson83

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Doubt it.

Nepotism has creeped into the organization. Hextall son on ahl team and then hired for a position. Presidents son being drafted. Pryor son getting a job.

Shows the people view their position with alot of security to pull that bs. Its become a patronage organization. No company or organization should do that - it's means they are complacent and comfortable.

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
flyers are at a transitional year. You can’t make the playoffs with guys who go 10-40 games without a point. Read, Raffl, Filppula, wiese, Leier, Laughton and Weal are the most inconsistent players on this team. Simmonds is playing himself off this team. Getting a top ten pick this year will definitely add to an already stacked prospect pool.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
flyers are at a transitional year. You can’t make the playoffs with guys who go 10-40 games without a point. Read, Raffl, Filppula, wiese, Leier, Laughton and Weal are the most inconsistent players on this team. Simmonds is playing himself off this team. Getting a top ten pick this year will definitely add to an already stacked prospect pool.

I think most flyers fan are ok with them not making the playoffs. It's the way they are not making the playoffs that is a problem.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

This should be written on Hextall’s tombstone when he dies.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
They have picked a direction though...rebuild thru the draft. They just did not trade away every single asset in doing so. They just have not gone scorched earth.

But reality is, they only kept G, Jake, Couts and Simmonds. Everyone else has been moved and Simmonds could be next. The Leafs kept Kadri, JVR and Bozak.

And with G, Couts and Jake signed for 5 more years or more, no reason to move them since they are great and we have no replacement for them. Plus, this summer half this board said G and Jake were cap dumps....lol.

I hate the product on the ice for sure. And Hak is a hack. But we are rebuilding. That IS our direction.

Everyone on here would be on board with that...except that is not what is happening.

This year was supposed to be the year where the youth took over. You guys have been saying for years "just wait until they get rid of the trash...once guys like Streit, Del Zotto, and Shultz are replaced with Morin, Sanheim, and Hagg this team will be better". Problem is those guys havent been upgrades bc they dont play. Mandog and Amac have just been given bigger roles. So instead of being a young team who is inconsistent but getting better...we are still the team losing games because of trash vets playing big roles at the expence of our prospects developing. Thats not rebuilding.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Sorry but there is no rebuild without player development and there is no player development with Hak as coach and Hextalls philosophy.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad