Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Watching the Harvard-Princeton game and was just wondering how things are going for former Crimson goalie Mitchell Gibson.

It looks like he won his first two pro starts (one with South Carolina and one with Hershey).

Anyone see him play and how are things going for him?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Watching the Harvard-Princeton game and was just wondering how things are going for former Crimson goalie Mitchell Gibson.

It looks like he won his first two pro starts (one with South Carolina and one with Hershey).

Anyone see him play and how are things going for him?
I watched his Hershey game. Bears are really good this year so he faced no pressure really in the first couple periods but then the heat got turned up in the third. He played well in the third and bailed them out when he needed to. He didn't look out of place at all. Hoping to see him get a ton of games in South Carolina this year. Hunter Shepard has another year on his contract and I can't see him going anywhere before that expires but there's a chance Gibby could battle with Stevenson for playing time in Hershey next year. Maybe a three headed monster situation unless Stevenson or Shep push Lindgren out of his spot in the NHL. Kind of a long jam at the moment with Keumper on a long deal, Lindgren on a odd 3 year backup deal and calder cup MVP fan favorite organizational vet Hunter Shepard holding down the AHL job.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Another good win for the bears last night. Fun group to watch. Limoges has been really good but at 26 (and small) he is likely an AHL player. Priskie has also been really good. He may be good enough for some call-up duty. Was very happy to see Rybinski, Hoffer, in the game. But Trinyev not in.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Pretty disappointing, figured he'd get a shot in Hershey but it never seemed to materialize.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
They seem to have really mismanaged his situation.

Kept him in Hershey and he was an extra for 11 games. They don’t send him back to Juniors or first division in Sweden, rather division two.

Not to mention, seasons and teams are well underway.

Now he will have to catch up on getting acclimated.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
At least they should become very familiar with fellow Mora player, the draft-eligible MIchael Brandsegg-Nygard. When Suzdalev didn't get into the lineup over Strome you had to figure it was coming. He must not have turned heads favorably in practice.

I think it's fine but it depends on his role and comfort level. I like it better than sending him back to Regina (which, worst comes to worst, I guess does remain an option should it not work in Mora).

Last edited:
Reactions: bacchist and Kazer

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Was just waiting on the Suzy news since he was not getting a sniff at Hershey. Maybe there is a reason going back to his WHL team was not in the cards and he fell into that loop hole of Hershey or overseas. Like Marsh said just needs ice team and keep working in the gym.

Reactions: bacchist

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Should have just sent him back to juniors from the jump and maybe he stays in NA. He wasn't even remotely close to being ready for pro hockey from reports out of practice. I remember people trying to tell me he should play in Hershey over Miro who should be sent to South Carolina lol... Not sure I like the level he's going to be playing at over there but agree on lots of ice time is for the best. Let's just hope it's not a place he's going to pick any bad/lazy habits up in.

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
Should have just sent him back to juniors from the jump and maybe he stays in NA. He wasn't even remotely close to being ready for pro hockey from reports out of practice. I remember people trying to tell me he should play in Hershey over Miro who should be sent to South Carolina lol... Not sure I like the level he's going to be playing at over there but agree on lots of ice time is for the best. Let's just hope it's not a place he's going to pick any bad/lazy habits up in.
Yeah. Hope I'm wrong, but from here is looks like mismanagement.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Caps have a history of keeping players around the team (a level or two higher than they can play) as a way to work with them directly, coach them up on some things and then let them go play. Did the same with Lapierre his rookie year and again now in Washington. There is still plenty of season to play. I’m fine with Sweden where he will play against men. Faster path to being NA ready.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Miro is a healthy scratch tonight. Not loving how they are handling him. Tons of third line minutes and now a scratch.
Hershey's "third line" plays as much as their "second line". They roll their lines pretty evenly. I wouldn't read much into the scratch, he's young, has been playing a ton and might need a break. From my perspective he's being handled great by a top tier organization in Hershey and looks like he loves being there.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Be at the game tonight. Go bears! Hopefully miro is back in the lineup.
I've been to two games this season, the two home losses. You should be safe, because we are not there tonight. Sunday, now that's a different story. Enjoy it. Staying for the turkey shoot?

Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes