Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I'll be at both games this weekend but in case you can't t attend...free game this week for anybody who doesn't subscribe to ahltv

Screenshot_2023-10-28-17-24-27-49_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Reactions: Rockingred12

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Nelson singled out Lappy yesterday during his visit with Joe B. and Locker as someone who's made big strides, while noting that the scoresheet may not totally reflect it. Do the Bears watchers here agree?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Miro's been weirdly doing almost the opposite of what you'd expect a talented wing prospect to do: he keeps getting too low in the defensive zone and inadvertently out of his lane just trying to help out.

Like to see it except for it being an error, but they'll probably want to tweak his position a little. Must be a NA ice thing if I had to guess.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Thinking Lappy was sick but nobody seemed to know at the game either. Iorio was out sick tonight so maybe something going around the team. Lappy is indeed standing out this year for the poster above who asked. He's basically getting the McMichael experience this year. PK, PP, important minutes.

Thoughts from tonight...

Clay Stevenson was outstanding and got the shutout. Great bounce back after a not so good last game. He's big, fast and athletic. He just looks like a pro goalie. Saw him once last season live and he looks more technically sound a year later. I like the progress.

Miro is so strong. I love his game. He had a great counter hit and leveled a guy going after him. His board game continues to impress and he backchecks like crazy. I was blown away on his second assistant with his straight line speed. He created the goal, Dube just tapped it in an empty net. That said, I'd be willing to bet just about anything he's not 6'1". Seems like quite the exaggeration. He looks a lot shorter than that to me. Maybe it's the way he skates? He's playing the Ovi spot on PP2 and they feed him every chance they get. He's got a great shot. Really fun to watch live. He loves the game.

Ryan Hofer looked good. He's huge but really lean. Need to get some weight on him. He picked up his first pro point tonight I believe and did not look out of place at all centering Miro and Dube.

Cal Peterson...man what happened to him. He looked like a beer league goalie spinning in net. 5m for a subpar AHL goalie. Ouch.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
How has Priskie looked? Any possibility of him being a late bloomer or is he a career AHL/overseas guy? Would be nice if he could add to their RD depth.

Also, Suzdalev still not in the lineup for Hershey even with Lapierre called him. Need to get him back to juniors or maybe even the ECHL. He needs to be playing.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
How has Priskie looked? Any possibility of him being a late bloomer or is he a career AHL/overseas guy? Would be nice if he could add to their RD depth.

Also, Suzdalev still not in the lineup for Hershey even with Lapierre called him. Need to get him back to juniors or maybe even the ECHL. He needs to be playing.
Nah he's topped out where he is. Looks like a steady AHL guy nothing more. Haven't really liked him on the PP. Would rather see someone else on PP1 but were winning and playing well so I guess no need for changes or panic. Suzy needs to go back to juniors ASAP. No chance he plays over Trineyev or Hofer unless there's a ton of injuries at the NHL or AHL level.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Agree. Get Sudz to juniors. Fine that he is getting a taste of professional hockey but that needs to turn to playing time. And that is NOT in the ECHL.. plenty to learn and develop in WHL.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA

I think McIlrath and Priskie and Iorio can all be temporary call-ups. Alexyev can play right side.

Iorio can get there but he needs some development for sure. And Chesley is a year away from Hershey. But this is probably why we signed both TVR and Jensen. Would have preferred two year terms. Negotiations probably forced three years.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Two shots on goal for Frank. Two goals. He needs to be more consistent across season but he is waivers exempt for this year only. Would love to see him get a cup of coffee at some point.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Thoughts from last night...

Sgarbossa got hurt late in the game. Did not look good at all. Knee bent the wrong direction. Had the looks of serious knee damage. I'm not a doctor but the way he reacted, crawled on the ice and eventually left with the help of teammates putting no weight on ones leg looked really bad. Is guess this might move lappy into the 1C spot between Vecs and Frank but we'll see what Nelson does.

Hofer had another steady game and even got a little PK duty where he looked right at home. He's kind of clunky when he skates, so it'll be interesting to see if they can work on those mechanics some or not but he's still got time.

Frank had one of those games that makes you think he could play in the NHL. He was all over the place and scored two really early goals. His shot looked high level and he was engaged at both ends. Hopefully he can keep it rolling all year.

Trineyev finally scored! He's had so many great opportunities but just couldn't get one to go this year. To the point you started to get that feel bad for the kid feeling. He was PUMPED when it went in. Cool to see. Was a nice shot too, nothing lucky. He plays a strong physical game, has some nice speed and shifty hands. He's being used in a PK and "heavy" 4th line role but could probably play up in the lineup if needed.

Miro had probably his most quiet game offensively all year. He took a wicked elbow early in the game and went off shaking his head a few times after a whistle soon after. Missed by the refs of course. Later in the game he got leveled on a clean open ice hit with his head down coming across the blue line. He popped back up like nothing happened and kept going. After that you could tell he'd had enough. He started throwing the weight around and completely leveled the Baby Pens captain, the both bounced back up and he got his first pro fight in directly after the hit. He definitely initiated the fight after the hut. He went off the ice smiling, laughing and the team LOVED it. I think they appreciated it after a couple of the vet stars got banged around in the 3rd period on some questionable hits.(wtf was Mac doing tonight?...you got one job man)

Bears win again and sit at the top of the standings. Go Bears!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Two shots on goal for Frank. Two goals. He needs to be more consistent across season but he is waivers exempt for this year only. Would love to see him get a cup of coffee at some point.
Frank reminds me a lot of Aucoin back in the day. A dominant talent in the A, but just somehow not NHL material.

Not shocked. Miro for his age looks like a 25 year old in prime shape. I can't wait for him to play in the NHL.
And he looks to have personality. Needs to get his English better, but he's gonna be a fun player on and off the ice, methinks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00