Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2022-2023 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
FB_IMG_1688161498973.jpg

Shame. I really liked Carlsson, I thought he was one of their most solid defenders all year.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Pilon looks to be the “exempt vet” next season. Missed the cutoff by 2 whole games.

Vet list so far:
Sgarbossa
Vecchione
Ness
Pilon

They can sign one more if I’m remembering my veteran rules correctly. I’d save that slot for Anas if he wants to return or for another defenseman.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Pilon looks to be the “exempt vet” next season. Missed the cutoff by 2 whole games.

Vet list so far:
Sgarbossa
Vecchione
Ness
Pilon

They can sign one more if I’m remembering my veteran rules correctly. I’d save that slot for Anas if he wants to return or for another defenseman.
Did I miss a resigning? I thought Pilon was UFA, but I'll admit I don't understand the different groupings of UFA. Or is it an assumption he will be resigned? I'd have no problem bringing him back. Also seems odd to have a 1 year captain, so maybe McIlrath comes back on an AHL deal.

Capagonia

Oct 20, 2009
VA
Pilon is a Group 6 UFA so definitely not a guarantee by any means that he is back. He could and should probably seek a better NHL opportunity elsewhere.

A player becomes a Group 6 UFA if they are 25, completed 3 or more professional seasons, has a contract expiring, and has played less than 80 NHL Games.

Would like to see McIlrath and Anas back on AHL deals, though it wouldn’t surprise me to see Anas sign in Europe at this stage of his career.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Did I miss a resigning? I thought Pilon was UFA, but I'll admit I don't understand the different groupings of UFA. Or is it an assumption he will be resigned? I'd have no problem bringing him back. Also seems odd to have a 1 year captain, so maybe McIlrath comes back on an AHL deal.
You’re correct. Brain fart on my end. Thought Pilon signed his extension last offseason but it was two years ago now. I doubt he’ll be back at this point.

Then it’s a given they go after at least one other veteran defender

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
He wasn’t playing on Regina when he was drafted. I thought the rule was only in effect for those drafted directly out of the CHL. I could be completely off on that though. He doesn’t make the cutoff age wise though. He just turned 19 in March.
I'm not 100% clear on that rule either, hence the confusion :laugh: I'd love to see him in Hershey sooner rather than later.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Assuming Protas, McMichael and Malenstyn make the opening night roster somehow and Suzdalev isn’t eligible, this is what I’ve got off the top of my head. Lots of question marks at the moment. Completely need to rebuild the defense and I would hope they add another quality center if McMichael isn’t being sent down. Not sure if Bogdan is there, but I figured they might want Miro to have a buddy to feel more comfortable

Snively-Sgarbossa-Frank
Miro-Lapierre-Vecchione
Bogdan?-Sutter-Dube
Napravnik-Hofer-Rybinski

LuJo-Iorio
Ness-Hardy Aktell?
X-X

Shepard
Stevenson

Vilica

Jun 1, 2014
Suzdalev is eligible even as a March 2004 because he was not drafted out of the CHL. The way I understand the rule, the cutoff for Canadian junior players being eligible is a birthday before December 31. A good example of this is Vinny Iorio - they drafted him in 21, he played 21-22 in junior, and because he was born in November of 2002, he was able to play in the AHL this year, even though he was still 19 when the season started.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Suzdalev is immune to the CHL-NHL laws due to him being an import draft pick who signed with his CHL team after being drafted. Could see him either being in Hershey or going back to Regina for a final year, although I’d imagine that it’s more likely he’s in chocolatetown.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Suzdalev is immune to the CHL-NHL laws due to him being an import draft pick who signed with his CHL team after being drafted. Could see him either being in Hershey or going back to Regina for a final year, although I’d imagine that it’s more likely he’s in chocolatetown.
Ohhhh neat. I want him in Hershey. Imagine that rookie class next year there….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad