Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2022-2023 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I think you've got to start to wonder if they're not positioning themselves to thin out some of these forwards. It's a lot.
...Or maybe they don't trust that the health issues that have been bugging the big club aren't going to go away and are trying to get in front of the problems this way? (Which right now is the only way they can because of the salary cap)

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA

Wow that's a heck of an add. I figured they were done with Hersheys forward ranks. Bears might have a pretty high powered offense next season, especially if Miro and/or Suzdalev really take off. Assuming Suzdalev isn't heading back to juniors to get stronger. Sounds like that's the hinge point for him right now.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I think Phillips has a decent shot at making the Caps out of camp. They signed him to a one way deal for a reason. Sounded like Calgary was high on him and Sutter was a dinosaur and didn’t give him a fair shake (sound familiar?).

There’s definitely going to be some kind of other move in the works IMO. Even if it’s just a straight salary dump of Mantha. A Team like Chicago could take him on to help them reach the salary floor.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I think Phillips has a decent shot at making the Caps out of camp. They signed him to a one way deal for a reason. Sounded like Calgary was high on him and Sutter was a dinosaur and didn’t give him a fair shake (sound familiar?).

There’s definitely going to be some kind of other move in the works IMO. Even if it’s just a straight salary dump of Mantha. A Team like Chicago could take him on to help them reach the salary floor.
The one-way deal could also be to deter teams from claiming him on waivers if he doesn’t make the team out of camp (and Washington has shown that they have no problem paying AHL studs well into the six figures).

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Screenshot_20230704-143929_Facebook.jpg

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Pinho signed a two way deal with the Isles. (Had been out there a few hours, there's a thread on the main boards for it, but hadn't seen it called out here so figured why tf not.)

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
There had to be more to Hughes behind the scenes. Just spitballing but maybe attitude issues or not very coachable? It just doesn’t make sense that they buried him in South Carolina all season and didn’t even give him a sniff of AHL action and he wasn’t a black ace for Hershey’s playoff run.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
There had to be more to Hughes behind the scenes. Just spitballing but maybe attitude issues or not very coachable? It just doesn’t make sense that they buried him in South Carolina all season and didn’t even give him a sniff of AHL action and he wasn’t a black ace for Hershey’s playoff run.
Honestly, I've had the same feeling. That there's something beyond just his on-ice skills that has made the team not want to keep him at arm's length a little, not commit too much. But I hate to spit ball about that type of thing.

Reactions: hb12xchamps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad