Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
20230624_141510.jpg

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Luck of the draw, we ended up sitting in the section where the line formed. Still took an hour for us to actually get out of the row, though. Got autographs from some of the players, most of the coaches, and got to hear Todd Nelson tell a small group of us how the Game 6 loss is entirely on him. Could have been better organized, I agree, but probably better than a parade!

I should have clarified!

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Not counting the black aces, I only needed McIlrath (whose line was too long on autograph night in December, and who was up in DC during the STH meet the team event) and Protas (who was a Cap during both events) to complete my team signed jersey, and Lappy (who got hurt the night of the STH event and wasn't present at it) to sign my custom card. I had everyone else's autographs on both my jersey and my customs, so luckily it's not like I needed the whole team. Unfortunately Pro almost definitely won't be back next year so I missed the boat there. I'm just glad I left when I did, lol. Some people apparently waited three hours and left empty handed.

Once again I much prefer the autograph night format, where the players are stationed individually and you get to pick and choose which lines you want to enter. I swear this is how they used to do it for the Cup party, but it's been almost 20 years since I've been to one and I was a kid then.

The regulars/perpetual apologists on the FB fan group basically telling the plebs to shut up and be grateful can go stuff themselves though. Not everyone can afford to stalk these guys at practice every week and more or less make the team their entire lives, lol. Luckily I didn't miss out on much since I've met most of the team multiple times this year, but I think it's perfectly possible/reasonable to be happy they won and frustrated at the poor organization of the celebration event. I was a kid in 06 but I distinctly remember at least being able to make it to the floor after the ceremony, and we weren't particularly close to the front of the line.

Ah well, onward to Cup #13.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
As someone who doesn’t really know where to track ahl contracts, who exactly can we expect to return from this group vet wise? I know Sgarbossa and Vecchione each have two more years, and Borgstrom, Fucale, and Gersich have all signed elsewhere.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
As someone who doesn’t really know where to track ahl contracts, who exactly can we expect to return from this group vet wise? I know Sgarbossa and Vecchione each have two more years, and Borgstrom, Fucale, and Gersich have all signed elsewhere.
The team usually posts a contract status tracker on their website. Not there yet, but maybe this week.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Not counting the black aces, I only needed McIlrath (whose line was too long on autograph night in December, and who was up in DC during the STH meet the team event) and Protas (who was a Cap during both events) to complete my team signed jersey, and Lappy (who got hurt the night of the STH event and wasn't present at it) to sign my custom card. I had everyone else's autographs on both my jersey and my customs, so luckily it's not like I needed the whole team. Unfortunately Pro almost definitely won't be back next year so I missed the boat there. I'm just glad I left when I did, lol. Some people apparently waited three hours and left empty handed.

Once again I much prefer the autograph night format, where the players are stationed individually and you get to pick and choose which lines you want to enter. I swear this is how they used to do it for the Cup party, but it's been almost 20 years since I've been to one and I was a kid then.

The regulars/perpetual apologists on the FB fan group basically telling the plebs to shut up and be grateful can go stuff themselves though. Not everyone can afford to stalk these guys at practice every week and more or less make the team their entire lives, lol. Luckily I didn't miss out on much since I've met most of the team multiple times this year, but I think it's perfectly possible/reasonable to be happy they won and frustrated at the poor organization of the celebration event. I was a kid in 06 but I distinctly remember at least being able to make it to the floor after the ceremony, and we weren't particularly close to the front of the line.

Ah well, onward to Cup #13.
Mac is my daughter's favorite player (I know, I know). We got to about five feet away from where he was surrounded and saw a lady actually grab his shoulder and spin him towards her. He promptly (& righly) said "I'm done" and walked away. He saw my daughter and did stop for a photo with her, but I'd have understood completely if he had walked right past.

I've unfollowed those FB groups due to the constant whine & defend nature of nearly every single post. My wife still follows them & I read some of the comments yesterday. Quite entertaining.

Of the guys we met, CMM (by far) was "enjoying" himself the most. His autograph is a scribble and the "14" is a circle with a z inside of it. Very nice guy, and I don't blame him at all for celebrating enthusiastically. Iorio & Beck were probably the two nicest of the guys we met, but they were all very nice. Shepard seemed quiet & shy. I understand he ended up staying until after 7 pm to try to get something signed for everyone there!

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Mac is my daughter's favorite player (I know, I know). We got to about five feet away from where he was surrounded and saw a lady actually grab his shoulder and spin him towards her. He promptly (& righly) said "I'm done" and walked away. He saw my daughter and did stop for a photo with her, but I'd have understood completely if he had walked right past.

I've unfollowed those FB groups due to the constant whine & defend nature of nearly every single post. My wife still follows them & I read some of the comments yesterday. Quite entertaining.

Of the guys we met, CMM (by far) was "enjoying" himself the most. His autograph is a scribble and the "14" is a circle with a z inside of it. Very nice guy, and I don't blame him at all for celebrating enthusiastically. Iorio & Beck were probably the two nicest of the guys we met, but they were all very nice. Shepard seemed quiet & shy. I understand he ended up staying until after 7 pm to try to get something signed for everyone there!
Matt Moulson was at one of the Dave and Buster's meet and greets they used to regularly have before the lockdowns in 2020. I had gone to a couple of them but went to this one specifically to see him. I was maybe two or three people back in line before some lady tapped him on the shoulder and pulled him away from the autograph table! Luckily I had only been waiting five minutes and not multiple hours, and all the other players were still at the table, but I was still quite disappointed, lol.

I saw a couple pictures and videos posted of CMM roaming up the stairs of one of the sections. One of them said he asked "Where am I?" and if they had any water for him :laugh:

Having met almost all of them I think Morelli is definitely the friendliest with fans, he chatted some and had a smile on his face the whole time both times I met him. Vinny's definitely friendly too, honestly all the guys I met at autograph night were pleasant to some degree and that's why I prefer that format to the other events. In that case it's just an assembly line and they're just trying to sign your stuff quick and pump it down the line.

Apparently a lot of the players went up and roamed the concourse after they left the autograph table. I've seen numerous pictures of people posing with Mac and the Cup up on the concourse. Saw video of Protas walking down the line on the concourse with the Cup and letting the fans waiting touch it.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Matt Moulson was at one of the Dave and Buster's meet and greets they used to regularly have before the lockdowns in 2020. I had gone to a couple of them but went to this one specifically to see him. I was maybe two or three people back in line before some lady tapped him on the shoulder and pulled him away from the autograph table! Luckily I had only been waiting five minutes and not multiple hours, and all the other players were still at the table, but I was still quite disappointed, lol.

I saw a couple pictures and videos posted of CMM roaming up the stairs of one of the sections. One of them said he asked "Where am I?" and if they had any water for him :laugh:

Having met almost all of them I think Morelli is definitely the friendliest with fans, he chatted some and had a smile on his face the whole time both times I met him. Vinny's definitely friendly too, honestly all the guys I met at autograph night were pleasant to some degree and that's why I prefer that format to the other events. In that case it's just an assembly line and they're just trying to sign your stuff quick and pump it down the line.

Apparently a lot of the players went up and roamed the concourse after they left the autograph table. I've seen numerous pictures of people posing with Mac and the Cup up on the concourse. Saw video of Protas walking down the line on the concourse with the Cup and letting the fans waiting touch it.
Haven't had the occasion to meet Morelli yet! Maybe (hopefully?) some time next season. My biggest issue with yesterday was the people who have already met the team multiple times, but clogged up the lines with items they were getting signed to sell. Person sitting near us loudly bragging that he purchased six of the same item and were getting them signed to put online for a couple hundred each. I get it, but it still irritates me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Haven't had the occasion to meet Morelli yet! Maybe (hopefully?) some time next season. My biggest issue with yesterday was the people who have already met the team multiple times, but clogged up the lines with items they were getting signed to sell. Person sitting near us loudly bragging that the purchased six of the same item and were getting them signed to put online for a couple hundred each. I get it, but it still irritates me.
Some guy walked down the line in the brief time I was in it saying 1 item per person per player. So I guess it looks like that wasn't adhered to. I feel bad for the people who don't get to go to the other events and/or aren't local more than anything. If I waited in line over two hours (which I wouldn't do anyway) only to find the autograph table pretty much empty I would've not been a happy camper.

Reactions: swansonsays

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Some guy walked down the line in the brief time I was in it saying 1 item per person per player. So I guess it looks like that wasn't adhered to. I feel bad for the people who don't get to go to the other events and/or aren't local more than anything. If I waited in line over two hours (which I wouldn't do anyway) only to find the autograph table pretty much empty I would've not been a happy camper.
That's us. We aren't local. This was our one chance to meet the guys this season. If we hadn't randomly picked 118 to sit in we would have left unhappy, I believe. The security people said one item per person but the guys were signing whatever was put in front of them.

I was kind of surprised looking at the trophy how bad it looks. Not necessarily the cup, but the wood base has paint missing off it and looks "old." I doubt the boys knocked all that paint off, but maybe they did. Who knows.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
That's us. We aren't local. This was our one chance to meet the guys this season. If we hadn't randomly picked 118 to sit in we would have left unhappy, I believe. The security people said one item per person but the guys were signing whatever was put in front of them.

I was kind of surprised looking at the trophy how bad it looks. Not necessarily the cup, but the wood base has paint missing off it and looks "old." I doubt the boys knocked all that paint off, but maybe they did. Who knows.
It's funny seeing people who managed to make their way through the entire line (every player), and people who practically brag about hanging off these guys at practice every week and whose lives literally revolve around the team, tell other people to stop complaining :laugh:

If you can I'd recommend trying to make it to autograph night next year if you can. It's much smoother and the lines are much shorter. Kicker is it's always a Sunday so I don't know how feasible it'd be for you if you have to travel some distance to attend. Last year it was a 3pm start time for the game itself. You won't get everyone but I managed to get 13 or 14 players in the allotted hour (used to be 90 minutes!) plus a brief bit of one on one time with them. You'd have to leave your seats about halfway through the third period.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Borgstrom to the SHL. That makes him, Gersich, and Fucale as the confirmed departures so far, I think, but I could be missing people. I’m sure other players know they’re not returning but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else sign for a different club/league.

Reactions: swansonsays

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Sam Anas is their biggest free agent. Signed a one year, AHL contract last summer. I’d like to see him back, but I’d suspect he could be another who chases the money and heads overseas.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Tarik also reported today Sheppard is expected to sign a two-year deal with the Caps. Not sure they'll sign Morelli to an NHL deal but good on him. Always liked his game.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Morelli played well this year but I can’t see him jumping anyone for NHL time in the Caps organization. Could be a nice, cheap add for a team willing to give him a shot on their 4th line

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Insert Bear Hughes mention here.

(23 goals, 36 assists in 66 games as a rookie in the ECHL isn't shabby at all. Though he's a free agent and might get offered a two way NHL deal somewhere.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad