-Sgarbossa should be back this weekend

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

giphy.gif

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey plays Charlotte tomorrow evening. Charlotte lost Priskie, Kuokkanen, Claesson and Luostarinen today via separate deals by the Canes and lost both of their AHL goaltenders this weekend. Going to be scrambling to get players

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey has until next Monday at 3pm to make some AHL level trades and set their Calder Cup Playoff roster. Wouldn't be surprised to see another forward addition. I'd welcome another solid center add so bump McCarthy out of the lineup full time.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Kale Kessy knocked out in a fight and apparently hit head on the ice and went unconscious. Called the period early and are apparently deciding if they will finish the game

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Hershey has until next Monday at 3pm to make some AHL level trades and set their Calder Cup Playoff roster. Wouldn't be surprised to see another forward addition. I'd welcome another solid center add so bump McCarthy out of the lineup full time.

With the AHL trade deadline quickly approaching, and with LuJo almost ready to being back on the ice, you would think that they have to move him, right? I see that this is his last year under contract and the last chance they will have to do so.

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
With the AHL trade deadline quickly approaching, and with LuJo almost ready to being back on the ice, you would think that they have to move him, right? I see that this is his last year under contract and the last chance they will have to do so.
They could, but NHL prospects rarely getting moved at the AHL deadline. It's usually AHL contracts or AHL level only guys on 2-way deals that end up getting moved for one another. Essentially, the NHL club that holds the contract rights to a player "loans" them to Hershey and Washington would "loan" a player to the opposing team's AHL club.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
They could, but NHL prospects rarely getting moved at the AHL deadline. It's usually AHL contracts or AHL level only guys on 2-way deals that end up getting moved for one another. Essentially, the NHL club that holds the contract rights to a player "loans" them to Hershey and Washington would "loan" a player to the opposing team's AHL club.

Ah thank you. Makes sense.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Snively, do we have another Jeff Halpern in our midst. Another local boy making it with the hometown team.
Different kinda player for sure but he's got a chance the same way mathieu perreault had a chance. He could play one day just don't know that with a stacked team he finds a home on a higher line where he can be successful.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Quotes from Daniel Sprong via Chocolate Hockey:

“I’m an offensive guy. Over the last year and a half being in Anaheim and the NHL last year and San Diego this year, I was working on my two-way game. The eight games I was up this year I thought I played really well both sides of the puck. I’m just trying to keep working on that.”

While Hershey is looking to continue their success at the top of the Atlantic Division, head coach Spencer Carbery’s goal is to help get Sprong back to the NHL.

“The organization brought in a really good young prospect that’s played in the National Hockey League,” said Carbery. “What my job and his job coming into this organization is: where are you at in your career, what’s keeping you out of the NHL, and how can we help get you there. It’s more ‘What do we need to do to help Daniel Sprong?’ Then we’ll integrate him into the lineup and into spots to set him up to have success and ultimately help our team win hockey games.”

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I assume you mean because he's too good for the AHL but not good enough to stay in the NHL. It's possible but I don't think it will happen (at least that quickly). I bet he gets re-signed for at least another couple seasons based on his potential (perceived or otherwise)

Maybe, but I doubt with the Caps. His best path might be Europe to score some goals and create some traction to come back.

Harsh, why do you say that? Because you think he will crash out of our system, or because that's the best place for him to become a better two way player?

He is very one dimensional and there is no place for him in D.C. so I don't see why he, or his agent, would want to stay in our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad