Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
He is very one dimensional and there is no place for him in D.C. so I don't see why he, or his agent, would want to stay in our system.

I mean, did you just dismiss his quote saying he was working in his two-way game? If he is in fact working on that, he's worth keeping around. If he's not serious about it, Carbery will know right away. He does also kinda mention he's only been working on his two way game since he got sent to California, so after his Pens tenure ended.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I mean, did you just dismiss his quote saying he was working in his two-way game? If he is in fact working on that, he's worth keeping around. If he's not serious about it, Carbery will know right away. He does also kinda mention he's only been working on his two way game since he got sent to California, so after his Pens tenure ended.

Been following his career for a bit and he is a really really poor man's Burakovsky. Maybe he can latch onto another NHL team but I just can't see a space for him on the Caps NHL roster unless he transforms himself into a completely different type of player. And even then he just becomes one of a three or four they already have.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
He is very one dimensional and there is no place for him in D.C. so I don't see why he, or his agent, would want to stay in our system.
Because they believe in him enough to acquire him?

I don't really expect him to play games in DC outside of the pre-season either but it's very premature to write him off altogether or think it's just a spring AHL rental. He's got substantial work to do but you never know. He'll get a pretty decent role with the Bears down the stretch and at least the promise of NHL pre-season games next fall if all goes well in the meantime. More likely that is his near-term goal with either making an impression on the Caps or doing enough to make himself attractive on the waiver wire.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Because they believe in him enough to acquire him?

I don't really expect him to play games in DC outside of the pre-season either but it's very premature to write him off altogether or think it's just a spring AHL rental. He's got substantial work to do but you never know. He'll get a pretty decent role with the Bears down the stretch and at least the promise of NHL pre-season games next fall if all goes well in the meantime. More likely that is his near-term goal with either making an impression on the Caps or doing enough to make himself attractive on the waiver wire.

Having a watched the Bears not score game after game is why I think this was an AHL deal to help the Bears.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Hershey's forwards now looking pretty deep. Not the best news for Sutter & Clark sitting out but that's a real four line Bears team for the first time in a while it seems.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Hershey absolutely dominated WBS tonight. Some brutal calls by the refs tonight as the PPs were 9-2 in favor of WBS. Hershey’s PK was dominant, even with Malenstyn leaving the game in the first period with an upper body injury.

Sprong with a 3 point night despite the limited practice time. His line developed chemistry as the game went on but you can still see some awkwardness there. The Bears best line was the Snively-Mailett-Moulson line. Snively and Mailett were buzzing around and had some incredible passes all night long. Moulson was dominant on the boards and gave them tons of puck possession in the WBS zone.

Paid closer attention to Leason tonight. He definitely looks more comfortable. Also had some PK work with the Malenstyn injury. He’s coming along nicely. I’d suspect he’s a year two breakout candidate similar to Pinho this season.

D pairs were solid. No complaints at all by any of the prospects. The only goal they let up was a deflection off of Lewingtons thigh. Vitek was sharp in net all night.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
Conno had a quick release and that's about it. The Caps made him into a pretty decent player. Perhaps they can do the same with Sprong?
I guess we'll have to see but the offensive talent is definitely there.

At least one other person made the Connolly comparison as well. That'd be a huge addition but I'm going to be cautious about getting my hopes up

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Any other interesting tidbits?

Based on conversations with Helmer and others, the prospects on Hershey’s roster are broken down into three tiers: locks to make Washington’s roster in October, potential call-ups in 2020-21 and those who have played themselves into the conversation.

Tier 1 - Fehrevary
Tier 2 - Alexeyev, one of Copley or Vanecek (obviously), Pinho, Malenstyn, Sprong.
Tier 3 - Nardella, Pilon, AJF, Snively.

Capitals' prospect tiers: 11 players to watch for the...

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
AJF has really shot up this year in the AHL, huh? I remember before rookie camp, everyone was really down on his potential.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I pretty much agree with those tiers. I'd say Nardella is definitely working his way into the 2nd tier. He brings an offensive dynamic that no other prospect does which sets him apart.

Really happy for Pinho. He's in the "Jay Beagle" mold as a guy who just outworks everyone. I'd trust him in a 4th line/PK role in the NHL

Also interesting that Sutter, Leason, Gersich and Clark were not mentioned at all.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
The one thing missing from the last 8 or 9 posts to this thread, is Lucas Johansen. Is he still injured or is his development that far behind everyone.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The one thing missing from the last 8 or 9 posts to this thread, is Lucas Johansen. Is he still injured or is his development that far behind everyone.
Injured early in the season. Came back early January and in his third game back he was injured again. He was pictured a few games after his 2nd injury with a soft cast on his wrist during a post game jersey auction. IIRC he had wrist issues last year as well.

He was back practicing this week but didn't appear in a game this weekend. Probably has to get his on ice fitness back up.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Next season, do you guys think Protas will be in Hershey? And if so, where do you think he will slot on our roster?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Next season, do you guys think Protas will be in Hershey? And if so, where do you think he will slot on our roster?
Don't think he's eligible to be in the AHL next year, just like CMM.

Both are eligible to sign amateur try out agreements once their junior seasons end for this season and next season and that won't hinder their junior eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad