Speculation: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2019-2020 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Some good tidbits on the state of the AHL, including this rule change to the veteran designation. Game limit would still be the same but players who are 25 or younger cannot be considered a veteran (at least that's how I interpreted the tweet)

Reactions: searle

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Some good tidbits on the state of the AHL, including this rule change to the veteran designation. Game limit would still be the same but players who are 25 or younger cannot be considered a veteran (at least that's how I interpreted the tweet)

big picture that means......??

Jun 15, 2007
Bears top 4 defensemen all could be playing in the NHL. Best defense in the league?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Takeaways from tonight’s 3-0 loss.

-Team desperately needs Sgarbossa and Snively back. The PP looked atrocious and has struggled without these guys in the lineup.
-Colby Williams should not be playing RW. I don’t care if he wants more playing time, he looked lost out there quite a bit. There are enough forwards on the roster
-Kody Clark seems to have settled in and finally looks comfortable. The best game I’ve seen him play this season
-Sutter barely played so really couldn’t get a great read on him. Had a big hit early in the game and that’s about the most memorable thing from him all night. I’d like to see them give him a shot to play RW if that’s what his natural position is
-Leason was a healthy scratch. He’s has been in and out of the lineup for the past several weeks
-AA was a beast in his own zone. Fever was kind of invisible which sometimes is a good thing
-LuJo pictured after the game wearing a splint/brace on his left wrist

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Looks like Leason didn't play this weekend because he was banged up.

Also, some more AHL news as Vegas looks to get their own affiliate next season and will be moving on from Chicago. Seems like no one wants to stay in Chicago as this will be their 4th affiliate since 2011 (Vancouver, St. Louis, Vegas, new team). Chicago is also one of the few affiliates that are independently owned, like Hershey, in a time where most NHL teams are looking to purchase their own club.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
So is there a reason for Leason being scratched besides poor play? He seemed like he was doing ok on the bottom six from what I saw

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So is there a reason for Leason being scratched besides poor play? He seemed like he was doing ok on the bottom six from what I saw
Banged up last weekend so he sat out. It's a learning year for him so I'm not too worried about his overall numbers. You can look at Pinho and Pilon as examples of a major developmental jump from last season. Pinho went from 12 points last season to 27 so far this season. Pilon is on pace to pass his 33 points from last year and already surpassed his goal total

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Banged up last weekend so he sat out. It's a learning year for him so I'm not too worried about his overall numbers. You can look at Pinho and Pilon as examples of a major developmental jump from last season. Pinho went from 12 points last season to 27 so far this season. Pilon is on pace to pass his 33 points from last year and already surpassed his goal total
From an NHL perspective, neither of those are particularly reassuring comparables. Maybe they end up cracking an NHL roster, but at this point they look more like fringe players.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
From an NHL perspective, neither of those are particularly reassuring comparables. Maybe they end up cracking an NHL roster, but at this point they look more like fringe players.
Wasn't saying anything about Pinho/Pilon being NHL regulars. Although, I do think Pinho could be a 4th liner in the NHL and he has progressed well past the low expectations he set from last season.

I was more or less pointing out that judging a player on their rookie season just based off of points isn't everything, especially when there are comparables on Hershey's roster who took leaps from their rookie season to their sophomore season in the AHL.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
any timeline for his return?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Who’s going to fill the ice time vacuum on D with Fever playing up?
They’ll move Colby Williams back to RD and Nardella stays at LD. They also have career AHLer Eddie Wittchow who has been solid at LD when called upon. Tariq Hammond, another career AHLer is still in South Carolina if they need another body in the short term.

This is all without knowing the ETA on LuJo’s injury

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad