Here and Now: The Preseason

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Someone said 'vintage' Quick but honestly I haven't seen him this in control and efficient since 2012. ZERO wasted movement. Who is this guy?

He's had a great preseason but this looks like someone else.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Vegas dominated that second period, but Quick kept them in.

Really rough period for Kovalchuk. He was bad in the first period, too.

Did Carter even play in the second? I don't think I saw or heard his name once.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Kovy definitely looks like trash so far. Last season, he at least had some offensive mojo going for him so that you can kind of forgive his defensive gaffes, but this season he just looks terribly all-around. Here's hoping he puts things together. Honestly, all we need is his shot.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Someone said 'vintage' Quick but honestly I haven't seen him this in control and efficient since 2012. ZERO wasted movement. Who is this guy?

He's had a great preseason but this looks like someone else.

That was me. My theory is he was bad last year (despite the awful team in front of him) because he was actually healthy for the first time in years. He looked like he was on the olympic swimming team and forgot how to simply play goal with a healthy body. The last two games have been totally different.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Quick should be judged by his consistency, which includes his ability to stay healthy.

World class athletes don't just fall off the map, they fade away. When he gets hurt and plays thru it, which he will because he is ultra competitive, then thats when you see the over compensation. You know Quick is in trouble when he tries to save pucks that haven't even been shot yet. That leads to over challenging, sliding out of the crease, all the stuff that permeates his game when he is struggling.

When healthy, he will play well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad