Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I maintain that Igor's first game against Colorado was one of my most surreal moments of my Rangers fandom, besides Leetch being traded.

Like we knew it had to come to an end for Hank sometime but he was involved in basically every Ranger memory I have that I can recall besides a few before 2004. Watching Igor take over in real time was like foreign territory for me. I really haven't known a Hank-less Rangers in a long time (if whatever braincells I have left can even recall them lol). It's something, I guess.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
This post wreaks of jealousy. It's quite sad, actually, especially when you consider Lundqvist has handled himself with nothing but class over 15 years.

the word is “reeks” and what’s sad is thinking any fan is jealous of a player who obviously enjoys sticking around NY where he’s a celebrity rather than go elsewhere and be just a goalie. Missed the part about his kid in a Ny school too? Love is blind?

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
This post wreaks of jealousy. It's quite sad, actually, especially when you consider Lundqvist has handled himself with nothing but class over 15 years.

Often times I hope Hank knows nothing about HFB because he’d feel like shit the way some of these ungrateful fans can’t wait for him to hang them up. It’s surreal.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Often times I hope Hank knows nothing about HFB because he’d feel like shit the way some of these ungrateful fans can’t wait for him to hang them up. It’s surreal.

i’m sure Hank is aware there are enough adults still hanging posters of him in their man cave while living in their mom’s basement.

Regardless, Hank loves the Ny lifestyle and it’s his 2nd home. He’s not leaving this foundation for a big question mark. Especially with kids established in school.

Reactions: TheTakedown

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
i’m sure Hank is aware there are enough adults still hanging posters of him in their man cave while living in their mom’s basement.

Regardless, Hank loves the Ny lifestyle and it’s his 2nd home. He’s not leaving this foundation for a big question mark. Especially with kids established in school.

I’m sure he’s not signing any of your posters, don’t worry. ;)

Reactions: JCProdigy

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Anybody else want him to retire then come right back to the Rangers Org in some capacity?

I just want him to retire so we get 8.5m in cap space back. What they do after that, I honestly don't care too much about. Bring him in as a goalie coach, analytics guy, mascot. Whatever they want to do. I'm okay with it

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I just want him to retire so we get 8.5m in cap space back. What they do after that, I honestly don't care too much about. Bring him in as a goalie coach, analytics guy, mascot. Whatever they want to do. I'm okay with it
I'm pretty sure if he retires he still counts for $3M against the cap.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
bingo - he likes being a celebrity goalie with an emphasis on the former. Kids in school, etc, he’s not going anywhere.

I liked this for the last part. Between his refusal to waive his NMC twice, I can only imagine he doesn’t want to play elsewhere and I don’t see what opportunities will be there with an oversaturated goalie market.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Hank buyout is not cool ... doesn't look right. PR-wise, I mean.

As for cap-room, it was either Hank or Staal getting bought out. We will have to/had to buy out one of them.
Nothing but respect for my King, and if it were up to me he wouldn't be bought out, but his buy-out is absolutely fair game. There are risks you take when you sign a 7-year contract at 32 year old. You don't get to realize the benefits without taking on the risks.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I liked this for the last part. Between his refusal to waive his NMC twice, I can only imagine he doesn’t want to play elsewhere and I don’t see what opportunities will be there with an oversaturated goalie market.

he loves his celebrity endorsements. He knows his hot spots where he’s adored along with multiple photo opts wearing clothes besides sporting his Rangers jersey. He’s not getting that treatment anywhere else.

He has his kids here, his status, his endorsements, etc. He’s not giving all that up to be just a goalie elsewhere.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
How? He wasn’t a 34+ deal.
"Article 50.5 -Upon that Player’s failure to play in the League by reason of retirement, “defection” from the NHL or otherwise (but not death) (such that he is not playing and is not receiving Salary pursuant to his Long-Term Contract) (assuming it is prior to the conclusion of the Long-Term Contract), the difference between the sum of the Actual Salary and Bonuses received by that Player under that SPC and the sum of the Averaged Amounts charged against the Club’s Averaged Club Salary under that SPC shall be calculated as follows:
(i) First, calculate the total Actual Salary and Bonuses paid to that Player under that SPC (“Total Payment”) until the date of such retirement, defection or otherwise (but not death);
(ii) Second, calculate the total Averaged Amount charged against the Club’s Averaged Club Salary for the Player under that SPC (“Total Cap Charge”) until the date of such retirement, defection or otherwise (but not death);
(iii) Subtract Total Cap Charge from Total Payment. That number shall be referred to as the “Cap Advantage Recapture.”
(iv) The Cap Advantage Recapture shall be charged against the Club’s Averaged Club Salary in equal proportions in each League Year over the remaining term of the SPC (i.e., the yearly charge shall be calculated by dividing the Cap Advantage Recapture by the number of seasons remaining under that SPC)."

So, difference between the full value of the contract over the first six years and the value of the cap hit. $54m - $51m = $3m

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
"Article 50.5 -Upon that Player’s failure to play in the League by reason of retirement, “defection” from the NHL or otherwise (but not death) (such that he is not playing and is not receiving Salary pursuant to his Long-Term Contract) (assuming it is prior to the conclusion of the Long-Term Contract), the difference between the sum of the Actual Salary and Bonuses received by that Player under that SPC and the sum of the Averaged Amounts charged against the Club’s Averaged Club Salary under that SPC shall be calculated as follows:
(i) First, calculate the total Actual Salary and Bonuses paid to that Player under that SPC (“Total Payment”) until the date of such retirement, defection or otherwise (but not death);
(ii) Second, calculate the total Averaged Amount charged against the Club’s Averaged Club Salary for the Player under that SPC (“Total Cap Charge”) until the date of such retirement, defection or otherwise (but not death);
(iii) Subtract Total Cap Charge from Total Payment. That number shall be referred to as the “Cap Advantage Recapture.”
(iv) The Cap Advantage Recapture shall be charged against the Club’s Averaged Club Salary in equal proportions in each League Year over the remaining term of the SPC (i.e., the yearly charge shall be calculated by dividing the Cap Advantage Recapture by the number of seasons remaining under that SPC)."

So, difference between the full value of the contract over the first six years and the value of the cap hit. $54m - $51m = $3m

I thought that applied to contracts signed to players 34 and older. When did that change?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
he loves his celebrity endorsements. He knows his hot spots where he’s adored along with multiple photo opts wearing clothes besides sporting his Rangers jersey. He’s not getting that treatment anywhere else.

He has his kids here, his status, his endorsements, etc. He’s not giving all that up to be just a goalie elsewhere.

The only thing I could think of extra curricular wise outside of hockey that would keep him here is that I know he’s into fashion and has a business in it.

I’m not going to comment on anything else as I can’t read minds and I’m not going to claim to know how much Hank loves endorsements and photo ops. That’s conjecture and ridiculous at that.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The only thing I could think of extra curricular wise outside of hockey that would keep him here is that I know he’s into fashion and has a business in it.

I’m not going to comment on anything else as I can’t read minds and I’m not going to claim to know how much Hank loves endorsements and photo ops. That’s conjecture and ridiculous at that.

i do believe photos and fashion go hand in hand. To think that not in the equation and he hates it is ridiculous at that.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hmm, what's the contingency I'm overlooking?

I think the change they made in the Memorandum of Understanding eliminated the recapture. That was the change that reduced the recapture on Weber, but I'm not sure of the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad