Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
No more than two years down the road. At that point, it becomes time to monetize the asset or lose him for nothing the following year.

And who really wants an unhappy backup?

Listen, I'm not saying (and haven't said) that Hank retiring isn't what's best for the Rangers. It is. I am saying, however, that if Hank chooses not to retire that the best option left is to simply play him as a backup and get what you can for Georgiev now. His value is not going to go up backing up Shesterkin, more than likely.

Bite the bullet next year, less pain the following year.

Reactions: mas0764

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
No more than two years down the road. At that point, it becomes time to monetize the asset or lose him for nothing the following year.

And who really wants an unhappy backup?

OOC, what makes you believe Henrik would be an "unhappy backup"? Just a general sense of who he's been his entire career or insider info? If I'm him, I'm being realistic about my prospects of being an NHL starter here, or elsewhere, and I think the likelihood of that is very, very thin.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
OOC, what makes you believe Henrik would be an "unhappy backup"? Just a general sense of who he's been his entire career or insider info? If I'm him, I'm being realistic about my prospects of being an NHL starter here, or elsewhere, and I think the likelihood of that is very, very thin.
I was talking about Georgiev being unhappy, not Henrik.

I agree with your prior post.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Another week has gone by and Still not a peep from hank to the fans on another season. I’ve been harping on this for a while but this is not normal. He’s usually one of the first to address the fans at the conclusion of a season

Reactions: Cmox

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
SO what’s w the journalist saying Hank could be practicing w Frolunda behind closed doors lol

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He was all summer leading up to the restart. I’d imagine he’s doing the same now.

he’s not coming back here. He’s not going to get a starters spot anywhere. So he’s looking at retiring a Ranger or a buyout and maybe MAYBE getting a back up role somewhere random.

or he can be the prodigal son for frolunda and play at a speed And talent level that would probably allow him to be a star for them again.

I’d say I’m 95% certain he retires before the frolunda season officially begins in a few weeks

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
SO what’s w the journalist saying Hank could be practicing w Frolunda behind closed doors lol

He can practice with them. He just can't be involved in official team events. NHL players practice with their hometown team during the off season more than you'd think

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I’d say I’m 95% certain he retires before the frolunda season officially begins in a few weeks

95% certain that your 100% speculation is going to happen?

He'd be helping he Rangers, that's for sure, but it can't be an easy thing - particularly since he never reached his ultimate goal. I'd be 100% surprised if he does retire.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
95% certain that your 100% speculation is going to happen?

He'd be helping he Rangers, that's for sure, but it can't be an easy thing - particularly since he never reached his ultimate goal. I'd be 100% surprised if he does retire.

He wouldn't be the first

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
He's going to come back as an 8.5 million backup, isn't he
Yup I feel like he would consider it a failure to retire before his contract ends... it's a pride thing at this point to keep going. He's not going to just quit on the team, he's going to come in and finish out his contract which he has said for a while now

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Yup I feel like he would consider it a failure to retire before his contract ends... it's a pride thing at this point to keep going. He's not going to just quit on the team, he's going to come in and finish out his contract which he has said for a while now

he needs to visit a shrink then.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
There's no point when you consider the buyout only gives the rangers $3M in cap space at around $2M of that goes to Geo... Just trade Geo for 2 x 2nd rounders and run that contract out for Hank. Staal and Smith and most of Shatts dead cap fall off at the same time.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
There's no point when you consider the buyout only gives the rangers $3M in cap space at around $2M of that goes to Geo... Just trade Geo for 2 x 2nd rounders and run that contract out for Hank. Staal and Smith and most of Shatts dead cap fall off at the same time.

red wings have 3 2nds and ottawa has 4 2nds...I don't think either has a goalie of the future and are rebuilding..just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad