Confirmed with Link: Heinen is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Is cap space still not an issue? Heinen missed so many wide open nets the last half of last season, it was beyond impressive. Didn't really care if he came back, but I'll take him over ERod.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
He fits on all lines basically, outside of maybe Sid's.

You need guys outperforming their contracts to win the Cup. This is that.

I don't care if a prospect gets blocked by someone better. We're trying to win this year.

And for all the people feeling we're missing physicality... that's not why we lose in the playoffs.

It's not just physicality. Last year's bottom six was too easy to play against for a good part of the season in a lot of ways. Heinen's not a weakness, but he's not a strength. Do I like him here? Sure. But right now, the make up of the bottom six hasn't improved. Heinen makes it better at doing what it does, but it hasn't added any dimensions to its play.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah I'm starting to think that the "Heinen and Hextall have a handshake agreement on an extension" idea isn't as farfetched as I initially thought. It wouldn't surprise me if Heinen would have taken something like 3 years at $2.5 million a year, and Hextall is instead going to break it down into a 1 year, $1 million deal and a 2 year, $3.25 million deal. When Zucker's money comes off the books, they'll have more than enough space to do that and I don't even think $3.25 million a year for Heinen is even that bad.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
How exactly is that? The only forwards we lost are Erod and Bjorqvist. Unless I'm missing something.

Added Poehling, Archibald and Caggigulla(sp?).

So we gained 1.
Archibald and the 'gula are if they make the team out of camp depth is a problem guys.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Archibald and the 'gula are if they make the team out of camp depth is a problem guys.

If you are saying our prospect pool is trash and that we don't have a lot to bring up well sure, I think a lot in the media has had us as the worst in that area for a few years. That isn't really news.

But still everyone has resigned except for Erod but you can argue (if he plays wing) Poehling could be his replacement.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Fixed it for you...

futurama-shocked.gif

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
For some reason, this deal, added to Kap's deal, makes me feel like it isn't $4.2MM misspent. Logic isn't my strong suit, but I can rationalize like a motherf***er.

Wasn't Heinen asking for like $3MM a month ago? This is a terrific signing any way you slice it.

Reactions: Night Shift

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
For some reason, this deal, added to Kap's deal, makes me feel like it isn't $4.2MM misspent. Logic isn't my strong suit, but I can rationalize like a motherf***er.

Wasn't Heinen asking for like $3MM a month ago? This is a terrific signing any way you slice it.

Yeah, rumour was he wanted 3m.

And call me weird, but Heinen at 1m makes me feel worse about Kapanen at 3.2m.

Reactions: Andy99

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Yeah I'm starting to think that the "Heinen and Hextall have a handshake agreement on an extension" idea isn't as farfetched as I initially thought. It wouldn't surprise me if Heinen would have taken something like 3 years at $2.5 million a year, and Hextall is instead going to break it down into a 1 year, $1 million deal and a 2 year, $3.25 million deal. When Zucker's money comes off the books, they'll have more than enough space to do that and I don't even think $3.25 million a year for Heinen is even that bad.

Plus the cap is going to rise significantly in the next 2 years. Revenue was way higher than expected this season and as long as there are no further global catastrophes the cap will be brought back to %revenue again after 22-23. Season after next could be 85M and the season after over 90M. Some UFAs gon get PAID the next couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad